I don't get it.

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
68 posts Page 1 of 5 First unread post
Varg
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Why is arena one of the most popular game modes? No matter if it's 0.75 or 0.76 it seems arena gets a lot of attention. I can't survive for more than one minute while playing arena. There is so little strategy involved in arena other than rush with a SMG. What's the appeal? Do people not like building forts or digging tunnels?
Attachments
oetzi_bild-2.jpg
oetzi_bild-2.jpg (14.04 KiB) Viewed 8283 times
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Arena is a gamemode pretty much loved by the call of duty community and since we have a large majority of the in game community that play it they prefer arena rather then push or babel.
TheKing
League Champs
League Champs

this is one of the things I never understood, arena is loved by Brazilians and other types of retarded, but everyone has their taste. TC and CTF is better.
extra

Yes it is sad.
Wouldn't it be nice if all those people moved to 0.76 classicgen server...
Battlefire

Arena is a huge reason why Ace of spades sucks now. CTF so much better.
Somnium
League Participant
League Participant

Is it me or am I the only one that just plays to shoot people _._ lol run around and shoot people.
TheVetNoob

Apostolos wrote:
Is it me or am I the only one that just plays to shoot people _._ lol run around and shoot people.
Why would you play Ace of Spades if you're only interested in the shooting? There are plenty of other games that do the shooting bit a whole lot better.
Revolet
Deuced Up

TheVetNoob wrote:
Apostolos wrote:
Why would you play Ace of Spades if you're only interested in the shooting? There are plenty of other games that do the shooting bit a whole lot better.
This. What I want to know is why arena was made in the first place. Some of their maps are great and all, but I still hate arena (Even making the maps indestructible and allowing players to build on them would be a lot better than arena).
Somnium
League Participant
League Participant

lol because, it's addictive and I played awhile back when there was 1 version and everybody only had rifles lol. And you just ran around and shoot people built stuff. And the odd players colleted intel but that was about it you didn't have variations in game types.
Fleischgeruch
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Apostolos wrote:
lol because, it's addictive and I played awhile back when there was 1 version and everybody only had rifles lol. And you just ran around and shoot people built stuff. And the odd players colleted intel but that was about it you didn't have variations in game types.
Please just go back to CoD and leave us alone.
Somnium
League Participant
League Participant

Definately not this is way more fun. I don't really like arena I find that it's much more enjoyable if you have a good ratio of players to map size. sometimes when it''s 2 vs 2 on a huge map it can be boring. Or really slow going. sometimes it is fun to get a group together and make matches by your selves such as certain wep. only or spades only. there's hundreds of ways you can make the game more enjoyable. but nothing beats a good ole ctf match.
Major Darkstar
Deuced Up

Fleischgeruch wrote:
Apostolos wrote:
Please just go back to CoD and leave us alone.
This. As a BF2/BF3 Sgt., I can say I'm tired of CODders overrunning other good games too.

You should see TDM on Noshahr Canals. There was one COD kid today who went full retard and used the SMAW as his main offensive weapon.
Varg

Major Darkstar wrote:
This. As a BF2/BF3 Sgt., I can say I'm tired of CODders overrunning other good games too.
you trolling?
Major Darkstar
Deuced Up

Varg wrote:
Major Darkstar wrote:
you trolling?
Depends if you consider BF3 to be an actual BF or not.

Ironically, COD players are in BF2 (the real BF) more than 3...
Eimis
League Champs
League Champs

In arena, if you want to survive, you have to either 1) shoot everyone in your way, 2) camp like a retard.
Arena sucks in my opinion because there is no encouragement in action there, one team can always camp, watch all the spots where enemies can come and win. But I guess little kids (90% of AoS playerbase) who don't have a clue about strategy whatsoever like Arena because it is faster paced than normal ctf.
68 posts Page 1 of 5 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”