Game Breaking Bug

The commercial [Steam] version of Ace of Spades, remade by Jagex.
Incompatible with AoS Classic.
11 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
SnipedByBunchie
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Hey Spaders,

Thanks for reading. I just upgraded to Windows 8, installed all the drivers, and it's working fine. One problem: Ace of Spades doesn't work! When I open it on my friends list it says for a few seconds, "In game Ace of Spades" but then after a few seconds it says "Online" and nothing happens. Thanks!

More info:

Machine name: ALIENWAREPC
Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_rtm.120725-1247)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Alienware
System Model: M14xR2
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.72.24A11
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8074MB RAM
Page File: 2211MB used, 10470MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode

~ The Bunchie

(please excuse my poor English I'm tired Green_Sleeping )
Ninja_pig_pro
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

This should be posted on Jagex's Official 1.0 forums. Goto their Website and find the forums. Buildandshoot is not responsible for 1.0 and is a fan community for the classic ace of spades. Of course, if anyone here knows the problem, post it :P
rakiru
Coder
Coder

Ninja_pig_pro wrote:
This should be posted on Jagex's Official 1.0 forums. Goto their Website and find the forums. Buildandshoot is not responsible for 1.0 and is a fan community for the classic ace of spades. Of course, if anyone here knows the problem, post it :P
He already has. He couldn't even post it in the technical support section because that requires you to post 5 times before being allowed to. Another example of Jagex being jagex.
tin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Have you tried reinstalling the game?
SnipedByBunchie
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Jagex's support is useless. I emailed them to no avail. They told me to try the Cache issue fix, but my game NEVER EVEN STARTS! I clearly stated that in the email. I have also posted on aceofspades.com, steamcommunity.com, emailed them, and posted here. They wanted AoS' log files but there are none because the GAME NEVER EVEN STARTS!! Blue_D'oh Blue_D'oh Blue_D'oh
SnipedByBunchie
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

I'm sorry about the test above, I didn't mean to post it. Anyways, I emailed jagex. They are NO HELP. xThey told me to do the cache fix, but AoS NEVER EVEN STARTS! Also, there are no LOGS mr jagex because AoS never even starts! Jeez! It makes me so mad. Btw I have posted on aceofspades.com buildandshoot.com email and steamcommunity.com Blue_D'oh

EDIT: I had to post in general because apparently on aceofspades.com you have to technically wait till 5 posts to get help on technical support -_-
Buffet_of_Lies
Mapper
Mapper

Well... you're welcome to ask here. Just don't expect us to have any answers for you. And just for the sake of filling out the stats of your snazzy Alienware system, what graphics card does it have? Your system seems to have 8(!) CPUs. I do believe it may be possible to force the program to run on just one of those. You might try that. But I really have no idea. Sadly it is true that Jagex's support is lacking.
Revolet
Deuced Up

Answer to all:
Get you refund.
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

<sarcasm>
Have you thought about getting a better PC
</sarcasm>
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

SnipedByBunchie wrote:
Thanks for reading. I just upgraded to Windows 8, installed all the drivers, and it's working fine. One problem: Ace of Spades doesn't work! When I open it on my friends list it says for a few seconds, "In game Ace of Spades" but then after a few seconds it says "Online" and nothing happens. Thanks!
See if you can open 1.x in a commandline (cmd.exe), it should give more information that way. Or does Steam have some extra debugging stuff?
rakiru
Coder
Coder

There should be a log file in the game directory somewhere that might give you a clue.
11 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 1.0 Discussion”