The "New Ace Of Spades"

If it ain't Spades...
115 posts Page 7 of 8
Trio
Deuced Up
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:19 pm


Types are good. Yes, they force you do to understand your algorithms, but then they catch you if you do something stupid, and they make your program much more efficient.

just 1 good side. I have had this problems with lua,but they are solved by skill.

1)I know it,I know mono. But it is no so powerful as C# with windows.
2)C# and Java are using Virtual Machine ,scripts also use VM,but C++ are working with processor first. so C# and java are more script then languages as C++.
3,4)I have tot used C# and Java,because as I see,they are shit then C++. As I know C# and Java have not so power interface to work with memory as C++,so it is lower powerful then C++.

About types. If you know C++ much,you will understand,that all types may be used as other types.But If you are C++ programmer and you have made mistakes with memory,you will have much,much problems.
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013
Posts: 979
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:02 pm


Trio wrote:
1)I know it,I know mono. But it is no so powerful as C# with windows.
2)C# and Java are using Virtual Machine ,scripts also use VM,but C++ are working with processor first. so C# and java are more script then languages as C++.
3,4)I have tot used C# and Java,because as I see,they are shit then C++. As I know C# and Java have not so power interface to work with memory as C++,so it is lower powerful then C++.
1. Ugh, it's the exact same language.
2. Scripts are interpreted. C#/Java are JIT Compiled.
3/4. The fact you don't have to worry about memory management in C#/Java is one of the greatest features of it. Automatic garbage collection is awesome. It's much easier and faster to code in C#/Java in my opinion.
learn_more
Coder
Coder
Posts: 890
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:59 pm


HoboHob wrote:
Trio wrote:
1)I know it,I know mono. But it is no so powerful as C# with windows.
2)C# and Java are using Virtual Machine ,scripts also use VM,but C++ are working with processor first. so C# and java are more script then languages as C++.
3,4)I have tot used C# and Java,because as I see,they are shit then C++. As I know C# and Java have not so power interface to work with memory as C++,so it is lower powerful then C++.
1. Ugh, it's the exact same language.
2. Scripts are interpreted. C#/Java are JIT Compiled.
3/4. The fact you don't have to worry about memory management in C#/Java is one of the greatest features of it. Automatic garbage collection is awesome. It's much easier and faster to code in C#/Java in my opinion.
yeah, but it's still possible to have memory leaks in c# :)
Sonarpulse
Coder
Coder
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:18 pm


memory leaks probably due ultimately to calling C/C++ through the FFI I would guess. :)

Trio: Learn You a Haskell for Great Good (No I am not immitating your translations from russian)
learn_more
Coder
Coder
Posts: 890
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:59 pm


Sonarpulse wrote:
memory leaks probably due ultimately to calling C/C++ through the FFI I would guess. :)

Trio: Learn You a Haskell for Great Good (No I am not immitating your translations from russian)
and holding references to objects not needed ;)
but most leaks come from wrong usage of pointed objects / 'unsafe' pointers and all
DrDeuce
Green Master Race
Green Master Race
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:30 pm


The way by think that grammar bad is not yes no? I am also probably bad speaking at in Russian too that engish why bad so much no yes.

Seriously, translators automatically put the words in order so it makes sense - Jesus, you are as clear as the ocean, and I'm talking about the bit where no light gets through and all the fish are blind because of it!
rakiru
Coder
Coder
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:26 pm


Trio wrote:
Types are good. Yes, they force you do to understand your algorithms, but then they catch you if you do something stupid, and they make your program much more efficient.

just 1 good side. I have had this problems with lua,but they are solved by skill.

1)I know it,I know mono. But it is no so powerful as C# with windows.
2)C# and Java are using Virtual Machine ,scripts also use VM,but C++ are working with processor first. so C# and java are more script then languages as C++.
3,4)I have tot used C# and Java,because as I see,they are shit then C++. As I know C# and Java have not so power interface to work with memory as C++,so it is lower powerful then C++.

About types. If you know C++ much,you will understand,that all types may be used as other types.But If you are C++ programmer and you have made mistakes with memory,you will have much,much problems.
Seriously, learn some basic things before replying. C# and Java are in no way scripting languages. Just because they run in a virtual machine, it does not make them scripting languages.
Yes, Java and C# do not generally let you mess with memory directly, but that's because they're not as low level languages. They have slightly different aims anyway. Also, the definition of powerful could vary. Before, I assumed you meant raw speed (which they are incredibly close on), but since you consider direct memory access an important factor in deciding whether a language is powerful, I assume features like this in general are important, in which case C# and Java both have other things that C++ does not that could make them "more powerful". I'm not saying that any of these languages are better than the other, just that I don't agree with your argument.
Trio
Deuced Up
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:19 pm


Guys, squirrel and lua also may use JIT :) so it is low border between scripts and java,c#. Of course C# is easier then C++, but you can not write drivers and other libraries,or programs for AVR and PIC because they need PRECOMPILED binary code.

Let's stop holy war.

Hello. I have made some demo to know how my engine will work. Please read me before you will run demo.exe .

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74967075/game.zip
rakiru
Coder
Coder
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:26 pm


Trio wrote:
Guys, squirrel and lua also may use JIT :) so it is low border between scripts and java,c#. Of course C# is easier then C++, but you can not write drivers and other libraries,or programs for AVR and PIC because they need PRECOMPILED binary code.

Let's stop holy war.

Hello. I have made some demo to know how my engine will work. Please read me before you will run demo.exe .

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74967075/game.zip
Ok,a fter this, I'm just going to stop replying, because some of the shit you're saying is just straight up retarded. I just want to point out that saying C# is worse than C++ because you can't write device drivers or code for other processors is just stupid, as I stated they have different usages where one would obviously be better than the other, and we were pretty much just talking about PC application development up to this point anyway. Also, you can get microcontrollers that support C# - just saying.

No longer looking at this thread.
Trio
Deuced Up
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:19 pm


Wow,microcontrollers with 2kb of memory may support C# haha.. Stop holy war.
DrDeuce
Green Master Race
Green Master Race
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:30 pm


100th posts says continue 'Holy War'

THERE CAN ONLY BE OOOOOONE
Trio
Deuced Up
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:19 pm


I wont answer this fucking theme. I just ask your ideas.
DrDeuce
Green Master Race
Green Master Race
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:30 pm


Trio wrote:
I wont answer this fucking theme. I just ask your ideas.
What do you even mean by that? And anyway, things can only develop through debate
Handles
League Participant
League Participant
Posts: 1087
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:46 pm


Can you guys please calm down...
Trio
Deuced Up
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:19 pm


Can you guys please calm down...

I agree

And anyway, things can only develop through debate
But without holy war what language is better. I do not Agree.
115 posts Page 7 of 8
Return to “Other Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests