Griefers and cheaters

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
3 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
StillUnderlevel
Deuce

First of all, is it a server option of sorts to not be able to kill people when they destroy your buildings with grenades? I'm someone who tries to build a housing around the base tent to keep those going to get resources safe. But in my last game, I had a 4 people in my team griefing the building for a whole hour before a cheater crashed the server. They primarily used grenades and filled the buildings with their own blocks so that they could kill me when I removed them, and getting votes to kick them is quite difficult as well, since the enemy team sees it only as beneficial usually since it doesn't affect them, and some of the griefers were people who changed teams just to grief.

And regarding cheaters, I have no idea how anti-cheat systems work on any level, but is there something that could work with AoS? Or would one have to be created from scratch pretty much. Since the amount of cheaters seems to be obscenely high, since the game is after all free.I think some games like many DayBreak games ban people's IPs or something, to make just making a new account and jumping in back to cheat more difficult and bothersome. But all this sounds like a lot of work for this small great free game, so I'm not sure if any discussion of this has been had, or is worth having.

Are there community servers for only white listed trusted people, so people could avoid cheaters?
TheKing
League Champs
League Champs

Are there community servers for only white listed trusted people, so people could avoid cheaters?
No, but you can try Aloha servers (http://aos.acornserver.com/aloha.php) they are a community who have been hosting some servers for years and their servers are well managed (no cheaters ).

**aloha.pk
MegaStar]
Deuce

there are antihacks, such as banhammer, aimbot2, etc... if you have suffered everything you mentioned above in a server aloha.pk you can report him (http://aloha.pk/index.php?board=27.0), this will help us, even if it's not an aloha.pk server you can report the player that is breaking the rules with the command /admin (message)
3 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”