Why is Open Spades not a Standalone Game ?

OpenSpades is an open source alternative client for AoS Classic and beyond! Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Created by yvt.
Compatible with AoS Classic.
62 posts Page 2 of 5 First unread post
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

Thanks rak, that works!

Also, when/if this game becomes a standalone. Will it also support joining the voxlap servers? If so, that would make for a very smooth transition.
Captain_Pi
Artist
Artist

Had some Graphics Card problems with this client. It lags and the fog is kind of diminutive, but I entirely blame my crappy system. I played it on a better rig and it performed great.
learn_more
Coder
Coder

TB_ wrote:
Thanks rak, that works!

Also, when/if this game becomes a standalone. Will it also support joining the voxlap servers? If so, that would make for a very smooth transition.
how are you in the news team if you can't even read....
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

the news team has low standards learn more
learn_more
Coder
Coder

Ballistic
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

TB_ wrote:
Thanks rak, that works!

you can join voxlap servers with OS, it has always been like this...
Arkger
League Participant
League Participant

jdrew wrote:
That's extremely rude ...
But yeah, they DO have low standards.
You're In it after all

Anywho, TB_, I think you mean after it's own server and whatnot are made, will it still be able to connect to Voxlap?
If so, not entirely sure that's possible, but it could very possible, if adding new stuff just makes it .77 or something, and it has a new protocol to connect by, alongside the .75/.76

Not entirely sure, but I think it would be possible.
bullets
League Participant
League Participant

Arkger wrote:
jdrew wrote:
That's extremely rude ...
But yeah, they DO have low standards.
You're In it after all

Anywho, TB_, I think you mean after it's own server and whatnot are made, will it still be able to connect to Voxlap?
If so, not entirely sure that's possible, but it could very possible, if adding new stuff just makes it .77 or something, and it has a new protocol to connect by, alongside the .75/.76

It's not extremely rude, it can NEVER be extremely rude for telling the truth, only normal rude.

1. Yes, once it's own servers are made of course it could still connect to normal voxlap server unless they got rid of the old protocol to connect to .75/6 which would be stupid.
2. If OS becomes a full fledged part of BnS, it will never be AoS .77
3. A whole new protocol would not be needed, they probably would just be able to upgrade or add another for the newer version.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

jdrew wrote:
Weren't you on the news team? If they dropped you, and they have low standards, then what does that say about you?
Conduit
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

ReubenMcHawk wrote:
jdrew wrote:
Weren't you on the news team? If they dropped you, and they have low standards, then what does that say about you?
Oh dear.
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

learn_more wrote:
TB_ wrote:
Thanks rak, that works!

how are you in the news team if you can't even read....
Well really? I don't see any mentions of it here.

BallisticTactix wrote:
you can join voxlap servers with OS, it has always been like this...
That's not what I mean.
Arkger wrote:

That's what I'm talking about yeah.
bullets wrote:
It's not extremely rude, it can NEVER be extremely rude for telling the truth, only normal rude.

1. Yes, once it's own servers are made of course it could still connect to normal voxlap server unless they got rid of the old protocol to connect to .75/6 which would be stupid.
2. If OS becomes a full fledged part of BnS, it will never be AoS .77
3. A whole new protocol would not be needed, they probably would just be able to upgrade or add another for the newer version.

Alright, thanks. That about answers my question.
The reason I asked was because since I'm not a coder, I'm not aware of what's hard to do and what's pretty simple.
Arkger
League Participant
League Participant

ReubenMcHawk wrote:
jdrew wrote:
LOL

For once in my life, LOL means I'm laughing out loud.
And for once in my life, I agree with Reuben.

And to what Bullets said, that's basically what I meant. An edit to the .76 protocol will probably be used to start it off. It won't lose .75/6 connection protocols unless yvt and learn_more want to get rid of it possibly.
bullets
League Participant
League Participant

Arkger wrote:
ReubenMcHawk wrote:
jdrew wrote:
LOL

For once in my life, LOL means I'm laughing out loud.
And for once in my life, I agree with Reuben.

And to what Bullets said, that's basically what I meant. An edit to the .76 protocol will probably be used to start it off. It won't lose .75/6 connection protocols unless yvt and learn_more want to get rid of it possibly.
They'd probably just add a new one, but not like there is going to be a .77 any time soon... Or ever....
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

ReubenMcHawk wrote:
jdrew wrote:
I left the news team myself because of Dan's behavior and the fact that no one else but us two were working on it for months
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

jdrew wrote:
ReubenMcHawk wrote:
jdrew wrote:
I left the news team myself because of Dan's behavior and the fact that no one else but us two were working on it for months
Does "Dan's behavior" refer to him dropping those logs of you wanting to bring some clan into the league just to give them bad advice for "easy wins"? Because if so, that was totally a social experiment.
62 posts Page 2 of 5 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades Discussion”