Ki11aWi11's Maps

The level/layout/play area.
50 posts Page 1 of 4 First unread post
Ki11aWi11
Mapper
Mapper

♠Ki11aWi11's Maps♠
This page lists all the maps I've ever created for Ace of Spades since when I started playing in June 2011. I've spent literally over 100 hours of my life creating these maps and I'd appreciate if you'd use them, they can take anywhere from 5 hours for Rocket Island up to 20+ for Capitol. I've designed them for various game-modes and I'd appreciate if you'd look through them and if you own a server, maybe host the ones you like, or if you regularly play on a server recommend them to your host. All maps have the associated pyspades files, and some maps require these files to be played at their best.

Download Map Pack - 4.74MB

I'm listing them in order of release
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trenches
Welcome to No Man's Land, inspired by the trench warfare iconic of World War I, and some influences from the Siegfried in Maginot Lines. Man the trenches, upgrade the bunkers, charge your enemy, or mow them down with machine guns, this map is excellent for CTF with many players.
Recommended Game-Modes: Capture the Flag, Tug of War, Babel, Team Death Match
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Metropolis
This map took a lot of effort to make, I originally created it in Minecraft from the ground up using MCeditor. Upon releasing it I discovered that unlike Minecraft's Steve, the typical Deuce is 3 blocks high, not 2, this basically means that climbing the stairs in this map is quite annoying as you have to crouch the whole way up, but otherwise it seems to be a pretty popular map, as it is hosted far more regularly than my other city map Capitol, which doesn't have these problems with stairs and has way more unique buildings. But anyway, after ages of trying to convince people to use Capitol instead of Metropolis I thought I would release this one on the new forums, as people may as well have fun playing on it, and atleast some more people will know that I made the map.
Recommended Game-Modes: Tug of War, yet people seem to enjoy CTF on it as well...
N.B. I recommend you use Capitol over this, unless you have a CTF server where the open areas of this map are a little more better at increasing the frequency of rifle fire fights.
Capitol
Welcome to Capitol, this map is one of my finest, and is absolutely chock full of some awesome structures for you to battle, with many different unique buildings, and structures including high rise office towers, hotels, apartments, docks and even a refinery, this map is unique. One downside is that your line of sight is obstructed, and therefore the best game-mode to play on would be Tug of War, as this really focuses the gameplay to smaller areas forcing teams to clear buildings floor by floor to win!
Recommended Game-Modes: Tug of War
Space Station
Step aboard the International Space Station, recreated using voxels, the US forces spawn in the docked space shuttle, while Russian Federation Forces (or the USSR if you're a Cold War fan) spawn at the other end of this orbital research station in the Soyuz capsule. Recommend you use SIMOX's astronaut skin and Ki11aWi11's space weapons for the authentic experience.
Recommended Game-Modes: Team Death Match, Arena
Penthouse
The police have been dispatched via helicopter to arrest Mayor Ki11aWi11 from his rooftop penthouse, meanwhile Ki11aWi11's own private security forces have arrived via elevator to cut them off allowing him to escape. Warning: Police snipers have been posted surrounding the structure to shoot anyone who attempts to leave the vicinity of the crime scene. A small arena map inside a high-rise building, great close quarters combat spread down 4 levels
N.B. Penthouse is a map located inside one skyscraper on Capitol, note the building with the blue windows
Lone Tower
This lone tower inside this desolate crater valley is designed for TGM's Infiltration. Blue team must protect the intel in the tower, from superior numbers of Green soldiers, who are attacking from all directions!
Recommended Game-Modes: Infiltration
Isthmos Ædificans
Latin for Isthmus of Building. This map is designed to emphasise the aspects that separate this great game from all others, construction. Each team has a fantastic base area from which players can engineer some incredible defensive systems.
Recommended Game-Modes: Capture the Flag
Submarine
This is as serious as it gets, Green forces are attempting to seize control of an Ohio class Nuclear Ballistic Missile Submarine, hold them off from the control room, because if you don't, missiles broadcasting Ace of Spades's existence to the Jagex Corporation will launched and the voxel world as we know it will be lost forever!
Rocket Island
Blue have discovered Green's secret base on this beautiful island, to stop Blue from gaining the upper hand in the war, Blue must destroy the rocket before it can deliver it's payload containing a top secret spy satellite to orbit. Both teams must contest the launch tower, as it provides the perfect position to rain down sniper fire. The rocket tower is protected by default.
Ace of Spades Museum
Featuring multiple variations designed for CTF, Team Deathmatch and Arena, AoS Museum is a highly functional map that features some iconic Ace of Spades equipment such as the semi automatic rifle, and even a giant soldier, recreated as larger than life exhibits for you to battle over!
Recommended Game-Modes: Capture the Flag, Team Death Match, Arena
Realistic Bridge
Mayor Ki11aWi11 has managed to escape from the police who are seeking to arrest him on charges of corruption, fortunately pursuing officers have established a roadblock on this major bridge to trap him. This map is like the classic Bridge Map, except that it's a little more realistic hence it's name, you can also flank across the valley, however the tunnel bases are easily defended except from a frontal assault. Basically a bridge map that isn't anticbridge, because too many damn servers use anticbridge.
Recommended Game-Modes: Capture the Flag, Team Death MatchRecommended Game-Modes: Capture the Flag, Team Death Match
D-Day 0048
It's 0048 hours, June 6, 1944. The first paratroopers of the 101st Airborne Division of the US Army have touched down in Nazi Occupied France to liberate the people of Europe. This map is my personal favourite, German weaponry litters the village and the surrounding farms. Seize the church in the village to dominate the center of this map. Further, a second variant featuring parachute spawns is included.
Recommended Game-Modes: Capture the Flag, Territory Control, Tug of War
Since you have taken the time to read down this far, I have decided to share my tricks of the trade with you. To create my maps I've used a variety of processes, here I will explain them. For my easiest maps that I made, such as Rocket Island, I've used the pyspades map editor + image editing programs to create the ground and colour it. For this I made a cool little outline in paint, then shaded it white-grey-black for the height map, and another version shading it various colours then I used gimp to blur it. Then I made some models in slab6 and imported them using voxed. For my more difficult maps I used Minecraft and Rolleda's Minecraft to Ace of Spades converter, for the map Capitol, Realistic Bridge and Trenches I used MCedit to create terrain and used a combination of MCedit and Minecraft creative mode to create the buildings, that took a fucking long time, like 20 hours and up. Serious dedication so someone run that map on a TOW server other than Izzy. This tool is really old though so you need to use a tool to back convert your maps from Anvil format to Minecraft Alpha format before you run the tool, so no new blocks after minecraft alpha.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. You are allowed:
to Share - to download it, run it on your server, send it to friends etc.
to Adapt - remix, transform, and build upon the material
for any purpose, even commercially.

Under the following conditions:
Attribution - You must specify when releasing modified content that I was the original author and you adapted my work.
Last edited by Ki11aWi11 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:03 am, edited 6 times in total.
Oldow
Deuced Up

great work man, thanks for revealing the secrets of the trade (I am just starting and glueing everything up in slab6 + voxed)

especially I like the Isthmos Ædificans, trench warfare under walls of player built bunkers, seems perfect, I played space station as arena few times and it seems too big for the gamemode, nice map anyway, the others I haven't had the luck, but seem very nice.
mr.f
Deuced Up

Hmm, I think I've only played on bridge and museum, but overall pretty good. I am vaguely curious what the inside of submarine is like. Oh and how'd you get the orthogonal perspective screenies?

I think your latin's wrong, though.
Ki11aWi11
Mapper
Mapper

Haha that's a shame, I just used google translate, the submarine I mapped out from a cutaway of an Ohio class submarine, and the orthographic pictures I made using Yourself's rendering tool, but I couldn't get it to work on my computer but paratrooper offered to do it for me.
Priok
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

great maps, those all look well made.
Sasquatch
Mapper
Mapper

Great maps dude. I just checked them all out in voxed and they look sweet. How is penthouse different from capitol though>
Ki11aWi11
Mapper
Mapper

Penthouse is a small arena map, there's one building in Penthouse that you can fight inside, the rest of the map is just a pretty backdrop for it, that building however is designed from the ground up for arena mode, lots of floors, both spawn areas are protected against spawn camping etc. it's really fun in TDM as well.
Sasquatch
Mapper
Mapper

Oh, wow. That is dedication lol.
Gibbs3333
Mapper
Mapper

Hown do you realize screenshots like that ? What tool do you use ?
dinoleox1
Deuce

Great Maps!My favorite is the lone tower and realistic bridge,they are small,but that make the round even bigger!
Deuce123
Deuce

These Maps are awesome!!! @@@@

Where can we test them =) ?
Ki11aWi11
Mapper
Mapper

Gibbs3333 wrote:
Hown do you realize screenshots like that ? What tool do you use ?
I use Yourself's Map Rendering Tool, it should be somewhere on the old forum archive.
Deuce123 wrote:
These Maps are awesome!!! @@@@

Where can we test them =) ?
They're used on a couple of servers, I suggest you request your favourite server to host them, over wise download them and run them on a server, preferably a pyspades one.
izzy
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

I love your maps for their polish - not to be mistaken with the remover or kto polak. Cue end of terribly dumb joke. Blue_Normal

Seriously though, your maps are very well done. You're so thorough with all the little details from initial design to end release. Even your Minecraft converts have a clean feeling. Thanks for that!

I like Trenches for its simplicity and strategic gameplay.

Penthouse is a big hit on arena.

Space Station just looks incredible. It's the first map to really push a theme that feels very different from the norm.

Realistic Bridge has the kind of detail I always wished Bridge Wars had.

Speaking of realism, that's what I like about D-Day 0048. Spawning out of the planes and "parachuting" to the ground is an original idea that hadn't been done before. It's fun. To all who host this map, make sure you disable fall damage.

Hope to see more maps from you in the future.
Ki11aWi11
Mapper
Mapper

Thanks Izzy
Gibbs3333
Mapper
Mapper

I didn't found "Yourself's Map Rendering Tool" have you got a link or can you upload the tool on uptobox for example. Please it's more important for me. Thank you.
50 posts Page 1 of 4 First unread post
Return to “Maps”