heightmap2colormap

External additional handy features.
12 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter

This tool converts heightmaps to colormaps, and then they can be used to generate unique maps.

The github repo: https://github.com/jskmr/heightmap2colormap (it contains pictures)

Releases(download): https://github.com/jskmr/heightmap2colormap/releases
Last edited by Kuma on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
JoJoe_Stinky
Mapper
Mapper

moof
Last edited by JoJoe_Stinky on Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
JoJoe_Stinky
Mapper
Mapper

Hey i just got your message!

I am going to upload them to my new site when I upload the rest of my files today. I am doing a massive download right now and my poor little ADSL line is crammed full of data right now.

I am really impressed at how fast you programmed this Kuma, It is going to be a really valuable tool that any mapper will want in his or her tool box.

I can already envision an extensive library of terrain colors. This will be another fun way for mappers to share their skills with each other.
The way you have just a tiny swatch to edit, will make anyone want to try!

Thanks for making this Kuma! :D
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter

Well, I think I will be experimenting with perlin noise.
Last edited by Kuma on Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
learn_more
Coder
Coder

pretty funny :)
JoJoe_Stinky
Mapper
Mapper

Hi Kuma!

Thank you very much for this tool,

Here is the gradients, sorry for the delay, 16 total:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7p8-X ... sp=sharing

This is by far the easyest way for people to get a nice looking terrain!

All they need to do is grab a 1x64 or bigger swatch from any aerial photo, and add the water color to the first position on the left.

Much easier to use.

BTW, when I said, "My method" of coloring, I meant the one I used. It is not uncommon to make terrain material textures like this. I got the idea from Vue De Espirit software. Terragen and a few others use the same type of material.
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter

THANKS JOE THOSE ARE AMAZING!

BTW, I will add some instructions to how to use those gradients.

--Select the gradient you want from the pack provided by joe (If you can't download it go to the link and press ctrl + s)
--Now copy paste that gradient to where the main.exe/h2c.exe is located.
--Delete gradient.png (If there is one)
--Now rename your gradient (that you pasted) to gradient
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter

I have been working on a new update, which is faster and more forms of noise (rgb and monochrome) The speed has been increased by about 3 times so its really fast now. Also main.exe has been renamed to h2c.exe. I will be making a complete GUI (NOT THIS UPDATE) which will have the ability to convert a height then convert it to vxl and then preview in voxed. Maybe even logging of heightmaps and colormaps, lots of work there.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

I luv you

Those gradients JoJoe made really help. People get tired of the maps made from his hightmap template from blender. I was able to use his blender template to make the heightmap then used your tool with his gradients to make a map.
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter

Jdrew wrote:
I luv you

Those gradients JoJoe made really help. People get tired of the maps made from his hightmap template from blender. I was able to use his blender template to make the heightmap then used your tool with his gradients to make a map.
Your post made me think to work more on this. Going to add more stuff. The current code is a mess so I will be fixing that first. I am thinking of adding voronoi and perlin noise for texture. If anyone has any suggestion I would like to hear it.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

noise for the water would be good though I don't know how you would do it. I would also like a snowy gradient so I can make something like ice craft.
12 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Add-ons & Tools”