[EVENT] LINES vs Forums IV - Aaah, Zombies! TIME NOW 4PM UTC

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
39 posts Page 1 of 3 First unread post
Willy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

We at LINES have to decided to organise another event!
This time round, LINES will be facing off against the undead forum hordes on Zombies!
It's first come, first serve, so please register on this thread as quickly as possible if you're interested in participating. :)

Zombies is a survival gamemode, where the human team must survive against the zombies, and the zombie team must aim to wipe out the humans (though they do respawn, rather than becoming 'infected' as in the 1.0 rendition). Zombies is essentially a heavily modified team deathmatch, however there are a few interesting caveats. The Zombies are given upgraded health (or human weapons are hugely nerfed, not sure) and are only able to use the spade to kill humans. That said, Zombies also receive a 'super-jump' powerup, whereby they are able to hit the ground below them with their spade and are then launched into the air. This is useful for quickly climbing high ledges or to escape humans, if you need to do so. Zombies can also cap the human intel to receive human abilities, such as being able to shoot guns to kill humans.

As in a real zombie apocalypse, humans will find that there is safety in numbers. You may find your weapons hugely ineffective against zombies by yourself, but with the help of your teammates you'll be able to make short work of a lone zombie.
The Blue team will be the humans and the green team will be the zombies.

For this match, LINES will take the role of the humans for 30 minutes. We'll defend as best we can and compete with eachother for kills. Then, after 30 minutes, the map/game will reset and the Forums will take the role of the humans, while LINES switches into zombie mode. While this doesn't allow for a 'victor' per se, in my opinion it will be more fun for all involved.
To encourage competition between teammates, this LINES vs Forums match will have four victors based on killcount, 1 from each team for each round.

- Best LINES Human
- Best Forums Zombie
- Best LINES Zombie
- Best Forums Human

The best forums players win a free signed paint drawing of any animal of your choice courtesy of topo.

Date & time: Saturday, 2nd of November at 4pm UTC (Note: UTC is very similar to but does not always correspond to standard GMT - check out this countdown if you're unsure! http://bit.ly/HgvLzB)
Version: 0.75
Server: We'll host/organise hosting (Eastern US)
Map: Pinnacle by JoJoeStinky
Scripts: Standard vanilla setup (though ofc with additional Zombie scripts, etc.)
Rules: LINES plays as Zombies for first 30 minutes, then switches for second round. Total duration: 1 hour. Refer above for 'best player' information. No cheating of any kind will be tolerated.
If you're unfamiliar with Zombies, check out the 0.75 aloha.pk Zombies server :)

Hope to see you there!
As always, if you've got any questions feel free to contact us on IRC - http://webchat.minit.nu/?channels=LINES
IMPORTANT
Make sure to join the IRC channel above at least 5 minutes before the match is scheduled to start, so we can get an idea of playercount and hand out the server ip. We'll also paste it at #buildandshoot and on this thread when the match is ready to start.

LINES team (Any of these names) - (hopefully at least 12 players, we'll cap it at 16.)
rakiru
Juxta
Hawkan
Warlord
Bori
Drakos
Elric
TheWildMuffin
tunaspirit
Revolet
Strike-81
VerTu
Rick
Webster
Cheapshot
Nestoflo
Sway
CoolCoco
Light
Atlan
cat
face
mikuli
Invierno
Marshall
StrawHat

Forums team - 16-20+ players
bagz
Fornax
Diaga
CaptainDerpster
CaptainCake
Zekamalikyd
Gohan
AWhiteGay
extra
Soraboy
Ankie
Sennar
NeoZz
Meskhu
CaptainKiwi
DeadSeason
tungdil
Alphanumaric
Space101
Vlad01
Venator
pking2000
PokeyzRule
Jdrew
Apocalypse
zemm_RLg
Last edited by Willy on Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
bagz
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

hi yes
Demo123
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Sign meh up.
Diaga
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Count me in.
CaptainDerpster
League Participant
League Participant

Yerp sign me in!
CaptainCake
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

sign me pls
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

sign me up fags
Kid Gohan
League Participant
League Participant

HOLY DONGUS!
Sign me up
AWhiteGuy
League Participant
League Participant

ya sure I'll come
extra

Totally!
Sign me up, I'll try and make it.
bullets
League Participant
League Participant

Dangit, wish I could come but it's 1:30am in the morning for me :/
Willy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

bullets wrote:
Dangit, wish I could come but it's 1:30am in the morning for me :/
Heh, us too mate (or at least topo and myself), but I think you'll find Australians are a small minority around here :P Had to make the event timed best for as many people as possible, and unfortunately the only way to do that is for us to stay up late. Oh well.
Juxta
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Sweet. I'll be there.
Soraboy
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

This will be Fun ! Sign me in Please :) !
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

BnS will be having a zombies server set up on the 1st for the anniversary week. Maybe you should change the date to the 1st?
39 posts Page 1 of 3 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”