Political Debate, and other things

Doesn't quite fit anywhere else? Post here!
183 posts Page 1 of 13 First unread post
pugglesthecow
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

This is a continuation of the debate on the Overly American Pic thread. this was made at the request of a certain person (I can't remember who) who wanted for that thread to remain pure and not derailed.
Last edited by pugglesthecow on Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
CommieBuffalo
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

inb4 locked

But yeah, nice, we were needing some thread for this kind of stuff.
Just so my post is not completely off-topic: Creationism should NOT be taught in school.(does this count as "political debate"?)
pugglesthecow

Yes it does (I was just saying that so the title had SOME direction) but I completely agree with you, teaching creationism is bad because it makes children skeptical of the modern/scientific world, and less receptive of new ideas.
Battlefire

Let's just finish this debate. Europe fucked up Africa and Middle East. I grantee you that the Middle East and Africa would have been very stable if Europe didn't go there. Now they pay the price by sending troops there with their tax to bring down Extremist groups.

Also Islam is not all about terrorism. There are extremists in every religion and even atheism. Like the Buddha extremists group that burned a women a week ago. Just some groups become more extreme than they should.

Also creationism really does not stop kids from learning other things. One of my Muslim friends uncle is a biochemist researcher. Also my Jewish friend is studying Geography.
Last edited by Battlefire on Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
pugglesthecow

^ exactly, this debate it now over, lets start a new one, when someone finds out what I will edit the main topic header thing to what this thread is all about.
CommieBuffalo
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Battlefire wrote:
Let's just finish this debate. Europe fucked up Africa and Middle East. I grantee you that the Middle East and Africa would have been very stable if Europe didn't go there. Now they pay the price by sending troops there with their tax to bring down Extremist groups.

Also Islam is not all about terrorism. There are extremists in every religion and even atheism. Like the Buddha extremists group that burned a women a week ago. Just some groups become more extreme than they should.

Also creationism really does not stop kids from learning other things. One of my Muslim friends uncle is a biochemist researcher. Also my Jewish friend is studying Geography.
The problem with teaching creationism is not that it stops kids from learning other things, it is just that it is plain not science. It has no basis on observational or experimental data, while the TSE has over a century and a half of experiments(both natural and artificial) and observation, not to mention the +12.000 years of registered Artificial Selection. Teaching creationism just for "teaching the controversy" is the same as teaching that the Earth is flat or that the Earth is the center of the Universe(well, to be pedantic, we are, by definition, at the center of the Observable Universe, but you get what I mean), and both have pretty much the same amount of scientific data as creationism. The difference is that Creationism(or DI, which really is just Creationism with a paper-thin disguise) has a really strong lobby(nothing against lobbies per se, as there is the environmental protection lobby and the human rights lobby, etc) to back it up.

PS: Being religious =/= being a Creationist. I know quite a load of people here in Brazil that are really religious but don't take Creationism serious(most of them subscribe to the "bastard hybrid" of theistic evolution, which IMO is totally unnecessary).
Battlefire

CommieBuffalo wrote:
Battlefire wrote:

The problem with teaching creationism is not that it stops kids from learning other things, it is just that it is plain not science. It has no basis on observational or experimental data, while the TSE has over a century and a half of experiments(both natural and artificial) and observation, not to mention the +12.000 years of registered Artificial Selection. Teaching creationism just for "teaching the controversy" is the same as teaching that the Earth is flat or that the Earth is the center of the Universe(well, to be pedantic, we are, by definition, at the center of the Observable Universe, but you get what I mean), and both have pretty much the same amount of scientific data as creationism. The difference is that Creationism(or DI, which really is just Creationism with a paper-thin disguise) has a really strong lobby(nothing against lobbies per se, as there is the environmental protection lobby and the human rights lobby, etc) to back it up.

PS: Being religious =/= being a Creationist. I know quite a load of people here in Brazil that are really religious but don't take Creationism serious(most of them subscribe to the "bastard hybrid" of theistic evolution, which IMO is totally unnecessary).
It's really complicated. There's a good quote that I love that my science teacher said. "Science cannot beat creationism nor creationism can beat science." He trying to say science can't disprove creationism. While creationism cannot disprove science either. It's just the choice of people to choose.
ThisFrickinSite
Deuced Up

Can we just have this kind of thread against the rules?
pugglesthecow

^ we made a new thread, what the fuck more do you want? for us to start a new website? Does it really bother you so much that some people want to have an intellectual debate? and if it does bother you then why do you have to be an ass about it?
RtMDL
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

ThisFrickinSite wrote:
Can we just have this kind of thread against the rules?
pugglesthecow wrote:
^ we made a new thread, what the fuck more do you want? for us to start a new website? Does it really bother you so much that some people want to have an intellectual debate? and if it does bother you then why do you have to be an ass about it?
This. I also don't see a problem make these kind of threads either. No reason to make it against the rules.
ReubenMcHawk wrote:
hail satan
hellz ye
CommieBuffalo
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Battlefire wrote:
CommieBuffalo wrote:
Battlefire wrote:

It's really complicated. There's a good quote that I love that my science teacher said. "Science cannot beat creationism nor creationism can beat science." He trying to say science can't disprove creationism. While creationism cannot disprove science either. It's just the choice of people to choose.
That's just not how science works. You don't disprove other people's hypothesis, you try and show them YOURS is true. That's what creationism fails completely to do, a test in which the TSE passed with flying colours many times over. Your science teacher committed a very old, very simple but very common fallacy called the Inversion of Burden of Proof.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

The whole "thug culture" thing is what causes the youth to glorify the gangster lifestyle, and what leaves a lot of these kids either gunned down in the street or six feet under by their mid-20s. U.S. prisons are filling up for a reason.
pugglesthecow

To whoever asked "who did 911" the answer is probably the U.S. government. Thant is all the detail that I am really going to go into in this post. Also for the thug life post, I think that the American culture has completely failed the knew generation and that people are arrested for too small a thing sometimes.
Fleischgeruch
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Hitler was a good man.
ThisFrickinSite
Deuced Up

Fleischgeruch wrote:
Hitler was a good man.
The absolute best.
183 posts Page 1 of 13 First unread post
Return to “The Lounge”