Build and Shoot League Season 3 Suggestions!

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
71 posts Page 2 of 5 First unread post
Eraaaaz
League Participant
League Participant

- implementing an script that there is the same distance from cp -> intel on both sides
- no damage dropoff
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

I have been thinking of what date to end season 3 on.

I want to start it on Monday September 30th. I initially thought of ending on November 17th. roughly 6 weeks to play as many matches as you can. Followed by 4 weeks to finish the playoffs. But that 4 weeks is in the middle of winter holidays. So it might be impossible to schedule any matches doing that time. What can we do?

I have a few ideas.

End the regular season jan 1st-ish and have the playoffs in January.

End the regular on November 17th like planned tried to have the playoffs finished by January 1st but if it isnt just go forward with season 4 with an incomplete season 3.
bullets
League Participant
League Participant

1 word, Arena.
Arena, first to 10 or 20, would make for an epic clan battle.
Venator
League Participant
League Participant

bullets wrote:
1 word, Arena.
Arena, first to 10 or 20, would make for an boring tacticless dull clan battle only little codfaggots would enjoy.
Fixed that for you
StarDust
League Participant
League Participant

danhezee wrote:
I have been thinking of what date to end season 3 on.

I want to start it on Monday September 30th. I initially thought of ending on November 17th. roughly 6 weeks to play as many matches as you can. Followed by 4 weeks to finish the playoffs. But that 4 weeks is in the middle of winter holidays. So it might be impossible to schedule any matches doing that time. What can we do?

I have a few ideas.

End the regular season jan 1st-ish and have the playoffs in January.

End the regular on November 17th like planned tried to have the playoffs finished by January 1st but if it isnt just go forward with season 4 with an incomplete season 3.

I think it would be great danhezee, at least for us brs. In relation to what said lelue, mumble to be the only voice chat I think it would not solve much.
bagz
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

I feel like intel towers are too strong at the moment so I'd suggest giving the offense more tools to combat against them:

1. Buff SMG block damage back to the 0.75 levels.
2. Buff Shotgun block damage to some ridiculous levels so it can be used to harass builder and damage tower from a distance. This would make shotgun actually useful in the competitive matches.

If these suggestions are a bit too much of a change from the normal gameplay, maybe CP -> Intel distance could be fixed to be longer.
shaz

IMO the intel to CP distance being further is better.

I guess the only problem is the intel spawns randomly so it could end up closer? Unless a spawn point for each new intel spawn is made or alternatively an area around the CP in which the intel is unable to spawn in.
VladVP
Post Demon
Post Demon

Shaz wrote:
IMO the intel to CP distance being further is better.

I guess the only problem is the intel spawns randomly so it could end up closer? Unless a spawn point for each new intel spawn is made or alternatively an area around the CP in which the intel is unable to spawn in.
You can determine the spawn point of everything by adding a little script to that little txt file which goes with every map.
cuulli
League Participant
League Participant

I like the idea that the fall damage should be off.
Kiwi
League Participant
League Participant

jdrew wrote:
Why would mumble be the only allowed client?
Lelue thinks I gave Ms3 tips via Skype..I don't even have a mic wtf.He wants to see how many and who is in the talk-room.
I think he means only the players who are playing at the moment should be in this talk-room and not in skype where nothing is moderated.
PS: Lelue I didn't give Ms3 tips,kthxbai
Lostmotel
League Participant
League Participant

But building the tower in a way which makes attackers die from fall damage once the got on top of the tower is an important strategy Blue_NotHappy
Venator
League Participant
League Participant

Lostmotel wrote:
But building the tower in a way which makes attackers die from fall damage once the got on top of the tower is an important strategy Blue_NotHappy
cuulli
League Participant
League Participant

Venator wrote:
Lostmotel wrote:
Yeah it is. But I wouldnt say die, becasue its nearly impossible to cap if the tower is high, becasue you build an other soul up and thats it. I would say that at least 1hp should reamin, so the attacker would be dead within the next schoot, but he still has a chance to move the intel.
Anyway, as an attacker I like the idea:P

What do you guys think about an smg-limit per team. Like 2 smgs can be used at the same time.
Fluttershy
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Why limit an inferior option to begin with?
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

let teams at least have 3 core members instead of 4
71 posts Page 2 of 5 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”