OpenSpades introduction

OpenSpades is an open source alternative client for AoS Classic and beyond! Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Created by yvt.
Compatible with AoS Classic.
665 posts Page 25 of 45 First unread post
Ulexos
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

ok, ill try that now, thx!
and also, i use win xp
Ulexos
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Works now, perfect! Btw, i see how much effort you put into OpenSpades(github commits), keep it going!
Winston
Deuce

Whenever I try to join a server I get stuck on the "now loading" screen, and eventually it stops responding. I've checked the System tab and I can run everything. I've checked the logs and the last thing it says it Connecting to <IP ADDRESS>, and I can't find any errors, everything is Initialized, successful, or enabled.

EDIT: I managed to get it working with that file replacement thing but the game lags horrible for me if I'm not looking at the floor, I get about 5 if I look straight, and 30+ if I look at the floor.
Dany0
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

What GPU do you have winston?
AoS312
Deuce

bump...
Twily
Deuced Up

I give up self compiling this.
SDL - fine, but how could I have the library dir of GLEW?
Edit: Done. But I can't find the libs of FLTK.
Last edited by Twily on Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Deuce

Dany0 wrote:
What GPU do you have winston?
According to DXDIAG my display card is "Mobile Intel (R) HD Graphics" but I use switchable graphics and have a Radeon card, which I can't find out what is...
mcape6
Deuce

Is it just me or does anybody else get stuck in the loading screen?
Mr.CS
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

mcape6 wrote:
Is it just me or does anybody else get stuck in the loading screen?
Well for my cuzins PC every time I load it it crashes after 3 mins :( anybody help? D:
eternalair
Deuce

Does anyone have any idea how to download this on a MAC? I'm trying to be active in AoS again :DDD
Twily
Deuced Up

eternalair wrote:
Does anyone have any idea how to download this on a MAC? I'm trying to be active in AoS again :DDD
Get the files from github, then compile it by yourself.
T3ER
Deuced Up

But how do i change team and also how do i change textures, ironsight(if i said it right) is so annoying for me because it is bigger than original so i can't get headshots but everything else is amazing. Btw im not new i just havenbeen stalking here and on aloha servers i get openal error(have to check was it that) but on fullscreen i don't.
mcape6
Deuce

T3ER wrote:
But how do i change team and also how do i change textures, ironsight(if i said it right) is so annoying for me because it is bigger than original so i can't get headshots but everything else is amazing. Btw im not new i just havenbeen stalking here and on aloha servers i get openal error(have to check was it that) but on fullscreen i don't.
Well you would have to get a program to gain entrance into the .pak folder extension (I recommend 7zip because it works and is free). Then you just delete, move, rename what ever you want to change. I believe the file your looking for is called 'sight' and can be found in the BASE folder. If you want to change the legitimate iron sight, you would have to edit the kv6, otherwise its basically stuck the way it is.
T3ER
Deuced Up

mcape6 wrote:
T3ER wrote:
Well you would have to get a program to gain entrance into the .pak folder extension (I recommend 7zip because it works and is free). Then you just delete, move, rename what ever you want to change. I believe the file your looking for is called 'sight' and can be found in the BASE folder. If you want to change the legitimate iron sight, you would have to edit the kv6, otherwise its basically stuck the way it is.
Ok but we should have tutorial for openspades textures change.
T3ER
Deuced Up

mcape6 wrote:
T3ER wrote:
it doesnt work, there is also sight.tga file.
665 posts Page 25 of 45 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades Discussion”