BnS AoS 0.76 League Season 2 rules (draft and discussion)

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
29 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder

Most of the rules from season 1 will carry over to season 2. We will continue to use 0.76 and play ctf. Matches will be 5 v 5 with a 14 second respawn. During the regular season matches will be 45 minutes long and teams are awarded 3 points for winning, 1 point for tying and 0 for a lose.

Teams

Teams are required to list their core members.

They are required to list at least 5 core members but can choose to list more.

Subbing is allowed, but to participate in a match at least 3 core members from each team must play in the match.

Regular Season

The rules for the regular season will stay the same. and the top 8 teams will move to the finals. The length of the regular season is what I would like to hear from you guys about. last time it was 4 weeks long.

Finals

Finals will remain a seeded bracket.

quarterfinals will end 14 days after the last day of the regular season.

semifinals will end 7 days after the last day of the quaterfinals.

finals will end 7 days after the last day of the semifinals.

A match is 45 minutes match plus 15 minutes of OT or until first cap.

If there is a tie, a second match is allowed. Again it will be 45 minutes match plus 15 minutes of OT or until first cap.

If there is a second tie, team stats will determine the winner. Game 1 Total Intel Touches + Game 1 Team KDR + Game 2 Total

Intel Touches + Game 2 Team KDR = final score. team with the highest final score wins.

If there is a tie and rematch isnt schedule before the last day of the quaterfinals or finals. The stats from the first game will determine the winner.

If one team can't schedule a match before either the quarterfinal deadline or the finals deadline, the other team automatically advances.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

AK will do better this time Blue_Happy3
zeus4711
League Participant
League Participant

Team name: HOMO
Players:
Morphman
Nufan
Mdicking
Lostmotel
zeus4711
thor0815
Ballistic
Awesome
Kamikaze
potato

HOMO is ready. Start season 2 go go go xd
Last edited by zeus4711 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
danhezee

That is nice you two, but what do you think of the formula to break a tie, is there anyway to do it better?
Rauder
Deuce

Intel touches sounds very abusable and a bad way to do it in general. It would reward mindless rushes just to inch the intel forward instead of coordinated pushes to take the it a longer way at once. Using KDR also seems a bit silly, since almost all the deaths would be from the opposing team in any case. Insead, you could just compare the amount of kills for each team. Doesn't really reward for trying to get the intel, sure, but I can't really think of a way to do that if it's never captured. Besides, if there's a tie in caps, wouldn't that mean the teams did equally well in trying to cap the intel in any case?

Disclaimer: I've never played a competitive match of AoS.
foxtwixx
Deuced Up

Teamname : Mast3r <Ms3>
1 TwiXx
2 NeoZz
3 Faker
4 LeiderGeil
5 Rand0m

Reserve

Fyunix
Corvo
Android
Last edited by foxtwixx on Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

danhezee wrote:
That is nice you two, but what do you think of the formula to break a tie, is there anyway to do it better?
I think it is fine Blue_Happy1
danhezee

Also, any objections to starting season 2 July 1st even if the finals for season 1 aren't over with?
Willy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

That's fine by me dan \o/

LINES

Core
|Will|
|topo|
|Hawkan|
|Juxta|
|cuulli|

|TheWildMuffin|
|Drakos|
|Elric|
|tunaspirit|
|Revolet|
|Strike-81|
|VerTu|
|Rick|
(Players in bold are those most likely to attend any league matches organised, and our organisation for match times will revolve around the timezones of those 5. Remaining core players are those in LINES whom I believe would most likely want to play if there's an opportunity, providing they're not already part of another League team. That said, core players not in bold should absolutely not hesistate to join/create another team if they wish to do so. Who knows, maybe we can field 2 teams this time around if there's enough interest. )

Unlikely, potential substitutes

|Warlord|
|Bori| (In the process of creating his own team iirc, if he's got spots left and needs more players, any LINES members should feel totally free to join him)
|Space|
|RainbowDash|
|Salina|
|trinity|
|rakiru|

Confirmed in other teams
|face|
|VIN|

This is only a draft (I'll link this post in IRC for LINES members rather than typing it out several times) and I'll change it to reflect our actual team(s?) once the league starts. \o/
Last edited by Willy on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Face
League Participant
League Participant

Team Name: Ownage-[OWN]

Players:
Shov
Bomb
Freestyler
Auto
face

Reserves:
XIII
Jay
Roulette
League Participant
League Participant

Freedom Fighters
PABH
Shojump
Lelue
Sennar
Roulette
Baumrinde
Belugar
Freedom

There may be more interested in subbing. I will ask a few more.
Handles
League Participant
League Participant

Looks good Dan!
Rustedmoose
Deuced Up

I'm getting a team together. When is the due date for team submissions and when does Season 2 officially start? Blue_Happy1
Juxta
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Well I can't wait to finish off Season 1 to a new one underway. It's been a blast getting together and playing for these matches.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Rustedmoose wrote:
I'm getting a team together. When is the due date for team submissions and when does Season 2 officially start? Blue_Happy1
Season two should start July 1 if everything goes as planed. You can register a team all the way up to the last day though it is smart to start early in the season.
29 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”