Should we have a Powerthirst Edition match some time?

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
21 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post

Should we have a Powerthirst Edition match some time?

59%
Yes
41%
Yes

Total votes: 27

GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

Pick one or the other, they're both identical. I'm just trying to gauge your interests.

Ace of Spades 0.75 Powerthirst Edition is exciting. Why? Here's some reasons.
  • It's the first mod of it's type, allowing the client to run scripts sent by the server. Think of it a bit like Iceball, except severely missing a different set of things.
  • It has some things we were always wanting but never got, namely 64-player support, names up to 31 characters long, server text in 5 different colours, and a less shit weapon balance.
  • Jagex likes to use the term "exciting", so we might as well use it when there's actually stuff people might actually want.
What can be scripted? So far, as of "version 5":
  • Weapons can be rebalanced, so if you think I'm wrong (which I'm not) you can "fix" the balance, and then have nobody except little kids joining your server and griefing the shit out of it because you failed to accept the fact that I am right.
  • Skins can be bin2c'd and applied, provided you actually know what the hell you are doing (you have to stitch the skin up yourself using a very raw interface).
  • If you really want to, you can screw with the physics. There's even a working oh-please-stop-it-I'm-about-to-throw-up swaying camera mod which makes you go "oh please stop it I'm about to throw up" when you're really low on health. (We might turn that off. I personally don't take issue to it, so it's not THAT bad, and it also makes it harder to aim when you're low.)
For more information on what Powerthirst Edition actually IS... check my signature. (It probably has less information.)

Powerthirst Edition requires the files from AoS 0.75. If you don't have it, here it is (I think it's the pre-hotfix version, which seems to work better on Linux than the post-hotfix version): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/320 ... 075aos.zip

Latest version as of writing (2013-05-16-00): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/320 ... -16-00.zip

If you're interested, what days / times would be good? Please also state your timezone relative to GMT/UTC.

For me it's UTC+12.
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

It would be nice to see 64 players on one server
Vengeance
Deuced Up

Let's do it! Having a huge battle going on would be awesome! Blue_Happy3
HermanCain
Deuced Up

Saturdays and Sundays.
7-11pm GMT.

There is a chance I would be able to do other days but it all depends on what is going on that week.
Articsledder
Deuced Up

Weekend after the BnS League matches ends?
9 P.M.-2A.M. GMT would be ideal for me, but 4 P.M.- 2 A.M. GMT works too.

Ideally of course the server would be permanent, but that's for another time.

Classicgen and TC would be fun.

Edit:Also it may be beneficial to mention in the op you can have both .75 and powerthirst installed at the same time.
Last edited by Articsledder on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Articsledder
Deuced Up

shit this should have been an edit not a double post
Vengeance
Deuced Up

Yes, classicgen as map!!!! Green_Rifle
But it would be a good idea. We should.
Venator
League Participant
League Participant

Do you really need to ask?
Vengeance
Deuced Up

Venator wrote:
Do you really need to ask?
I guess I just did.
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

Vengeance wrote:
Yes, classicgen as map!!!!
That's a given. I suggest that we go with CTF rather than TC, though - TC's pretty broken.
Articsledder wrote:
Also it may be beneficial to mention in the op you can have both .75 and powerthirst installed at the same time.
Yes, and if you want to you can use the Powerthirst client to connect to vanilla servers, although you do not get the weapon rebalances (yes, even the rifle can't hit stuff for shit if you do this).
Articsledder
Deuced Up

GreaseMonkey wrote:
Vengeance wrote:
Yes, classicgen as map!!!!
That's a given. I suggest that we go with CTF rather than TC, though - TC's pretty broken.
Articsledder wrote:
Also it may be beneficial to mention in the op you can have both .75 and powerthirst installed at the same time.
Yes, and if you want to you can use the Powerthirst client to connect to vanilla servers, although you do not get the weapon rebalances (yes, even the rifle can't hit stuff for shit if you do this).
As broken as TC is I still find it a bit more entertaining then CTF. I would assume with 64 players the side swapping and the back capping wouldn't be as much of an issue.
ThisFrickinSite
Deuced Up

64/64 would attend.
Venator
League Participant
League Participant

ThisFrickinSite wrote:
64/64 would attend.
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

Before the match, would it be possible to have a way of changing the respawn time without resetting the server? I mean, if it's too low then that would be pretty sucky.
Vengeance
Deuced Up

Saturday? That'd probably work best for a lot of people right? Or no?
21 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”