Graphics card problems

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
4 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

So... I have had a GeForce 6200 PCI collecting dust on my desk for a long while. The reason is, because the last time I tried sticking it into my PC I slipped the card in, plugged in the monitor, booted up my computer. Then I stuck the driver installer CD started installing the drivers and.... I get a black screen.

I then had to take out the graphics card and uninstall the drivers. Can anyone help?

(And yes this has relevance to AoS, I am probably gonna need this graphics card to play 1.0)
Bobby Lemain
Deuced Up

Plug in the card, still have the screen plugged into the on-board VGA port. If the screen is black, switch the cable to the video card. Once in windows it will install generic drivers to get the card working. Go to Nvidia and download the latest drivers.

If problems arise anywhere between any of those steps check back in

Might need to go into the bios and set the priority from on-board GPU to PCI/PCI-e
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Bobby Lemain wrote:
Plug in the card, still have the screen plugged into the on-board VGA port. If the screen is black, switch the cable to the video card. Once in windows it will install generic drivers to get the card working. Go to Nvidia and download the latest drivers.

If problems arise anywhere between any of those steps check back in

Might need to go into the bios and set the priority from on-board GPU to PCI/PCI-e
Okay.
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

I did get my graphics card installed. Gonna go play some TF2 now :D
4 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”