Subversive Takedown (top-down voxel shooter)

Miscellaneous projects by the Build and Shoot community.
190 posts Page 8 of 13 First unread post
Ninja_pig_pro
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Downloading right now... Is there modding support?
learn_more
Coder
Coder

Ninja_pig_pro wrote:
your sig is annoyingly big..
matpow2
Scripter
Scripter

Right now, you can mod anything, even the maps (even though this will cause desynchronization between the server and client, so it won't allow cheating). In the future, the server may choose do some checks on the local client files to ensure integrity, but I think as long as e.g. the character models stay the same size, you will be fine.

I'm sorry the update is taking so long, but the work on the new map is taking some time. Here's a screenshot though, with the train just about to breach through the enemy barrier:
Ninja_pig_pro

Anyone wanna play? add me on steam if so xD
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ninjapigpro
learn_more wrote:
Ninja_pig_pro wrote:
I'll remove the huge miner xD
StopSignal

Im gonna try this game out.
Ninja_pig_pro wrote:
Anyone wanna play? add me on steam if so xD
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ninjapigpro
learn_more wrote:
Ninja_pig_pro wrote:
I'll remove the huge miner xD
Finally! Blue_Devil2
Spoiler:
EDIT (off topic): As you said my icon was good, i will make, if you want, a sig for yah. What do you think?
Sponge
Deuced Up

That map is looking amazing! Will there be any way to see once you are inside a building? Right now all you can see is your name and a wall. Other than that, I can't wait to try the new update!
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

Sorry if this is too off-topic. But do you think you would have still been doing this if you could do so legally?

Okay, watching that makes me a little sad for that we are stuck on .75 because of jagex..
StopSignal

Continuing Off Topic: We could call it a "Mod" for 0.75, and that woulb be legal :D
EDIT: I have seen that video before, taht turret is just too overpowered in block-destroying.
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

StopSignal wrote:
Continuing Off Topic: We could call it a "Mod" for 0.75, and that woulb be legal :D
EDIT: I have seen that video before, taht turret is just too overpowered in block-destroying.

I disagree actually, you have to actually place it somewhere to do it. Which makes it more balanced imo.
It also makes bases more valuable, which is sorely needed.

Really sorry for the derailing mat, if more discussion is needed there could always be a topic about this.
matpow2
Scripter
Scripter

I've actually wanted to make Subversive Takedown for a long time, since 2009 or so. I was inspired by games like SND Online (it's abandonware by now, but was quite popular in the day) for the top-down view that worked rather well and W:ET for its cool objectives. It was only after Ace of Spades that I felt confident in the move to 3D, and I liked the voxel style, so that's why ST eventually became a voxel game.

If I have to comment on Ace of Spades, I think there's a lot more to be said in the voxel genre. When I first tried Ace of Spades, it was the first voxel game that could keep my interest, and that was quite an accomplishment. However, I think the voxel landscape needs to start deviating from MineCraft-style games and try something new. That's what I'm trying to do with Subversive Takedown, i.e. mix the creative aspects of MineCraft and Ace of Spades with tactical and objective-oriented gameplay from some of my favorite FPSs. I'm mostly interested in new ways for voxels to expand on the creative gameplay, especially in a competitive setting.

Even though Ace of Spades was a lot of fun to work on and play with, I would rather focus on new ideas in ST. Now, I hope that was an elaborate explanation that will serve for the future as well! ;)
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

Ok, so just continue doing what makes you happy. Blue_BigSmile
The video was interesting as well, I can see you borrowed the menu style on the ace of spades openGL
VladVP
Post Demon
Post Demon

TB_ wrote:
I can see you borrowed the menu style on the ace of spades openGL
No comment.
Semper
Deuced Up

Could you add a mod editor for mobile devices it would be cool if I could mod on the go when I'm bored on my iphone.
learn_more
Coder
Coder

TB_ wrote:
The video was interesting as well, I can see you borrowed the menu style on the ace of spades openGL
you should consider borrowing a brain.
Semper
Deuced Up

learn_more wrote:
TB_ wrote:
you should consider borrowing a brain.
What's wrong with his post? Is it because he doesn't know that mat made the openGL version as well?
190 posts Page 8 of 13 First unread post
Return to “Noteworthy Picks”