The "New Ace Of Spades"

If it ain't Spades...
115 posts Page 5 of 8 First unread post
Trio
Deuced Up

Hello guys. Sorry I have tot made normal access to file . I am newbie with GoogleDrive.

Try this
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByVuNWC ... sp=sharing
Buffet_of_Lies
Mapper
Mapper

Trio wrote:
Hello guys. Sorry I have tot made normal access to file . I am newbie with GoogleDrive.

Try this
Does not seem to load whatever you are trying to share.
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Buffet_of_Lies wrote:
Trio wrote:

Try this
I thought it was my internet. but I guess I am not the only one having this issue.
UNITiS
Deuced Up

Trio wrote:

Try this
Just use dropbox.
DE Scropion
Deuce

Trio wrote:
Yes but them are not so power as in OpenGL 3.3. I will read documentations for old shaders,maybe it will have I need.

Have you seen names of weapon in Counter Strike? It is CV-47,sg-552 etc. This names was made to do not pay to patent owners for AK-47 and SIG-552
Permission of patent owners is really hard stuff. I have not observed it over 9000 times :),as I remember,patient is actual only 25 years. Where Is music,I do not know authors of it(it is 70 years old,and all authors and singers have died) and I do not know just whom permission I need.
Note:Russians have full pirate soft,movie and music Green_Sunglasses1

how do u get better guns I only have 3
Buffet_of_Lies
Mapper
Mapper

HoboHob wrote:
Buffet_of_Lies wrote:
Trio wrote:

Try this
I thought it was my internet. but I guess I am not the only one having this issue.
Now appears to be working. I still have no real clear idea of what this is even supposed to be though.
Ninja_pig_pro
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

I feel like this is basicly a multiplayer version of "Voxel-Stein 3D"
:p But you could suprise me
Trio
Deuced Up

DE Scropion

Aeeee. What about? What about do you say?

Hello. I need some ideas...
I think:
1)Textured cubes,with material like stone,wood etc,they have different health.
2)Buildings like turrets,dispancers etc.
3)A lot of dropable weapons.
4)All this objects may be added with scripts and modes.

Questions:
1)What style of game? PixelArt(Cube),or polygonal models with cube terrain or.. or...
2)Make cubes like in minecraft(textured+own health) or like in AOS(color+3health)?
3)Make dig tools effective for one style of block(spade-dirt,sand ;pickaxe-stone),but i think then it will be very hard to dive tunnels,it will be very slow like in minecraft?
4)how much weapons can player have(how much collect)?
5)Can players build stone,wood blocks(if no AOS style)?
6)How large should be size of map(the max size you need,do not think then about traffic,just say how much map you want make)?

I need save balance weapon+minecraft.

PS:Now I am working for 2D...
CalenLoki
Deuce

Answers:
1)Polygonal models + volumetric terrain data displayed as smooth polygonal model (something like Voxel Farm)
2)IMO different types of voxels, so closer to minecraft
3)yes. digging tunnels should be easy only close to surface (up to 5 blocks deep), so they are relatively close to battlefield
4)one main, one secondary, ten slots for ammo or nades or blocks or whatever. with ability to take two secondary instead of one main
5)yes. no block should be impossible to recreate.
6)1kmx1kmx128m, but with voxels 0,5x0,5x0,5m

Thats just my opinion.
Ciao
UNITiS
Deuced Up

CalenLoki wrote:
Answers:
Ciao
As I said earlier having a huge map that is 1000 x 1000 in width is very difficult.
Trio
Deuced Up

CalenLoki
1) Polygonal models are good,but it is hard for moding to add new weapon :( ,
terrain data displayed as smooth polygonal model
I will think how to make it

2)IMO different types of voxels, so closer to minecraft
Yes so I dislike opinion:cubes=minecraft,I do not like matching cube games with minecraft.

4)ten slots for ammo or nades or blocks or whatever
nice idea,soldier can have more ammo or grenades,and engineer more blocks. + maybe make this dropable to help your teammates.
because it is large problem in AOS then your ammo get finished.

5)yes. no block should be impossible to recreate.
seriously,build wood,grass,ice,sand is a bit stupid,but it is good idea to mask your buildings . Hmmmm

no,blocks(or no cube voxels) should be size 0.75*0.75m or 0.6*0.6 that is width of human.and 3blocks should have haight 1.8m that is height of human.
I think make background for large map is a bit boring. but height 64blocks is really small.
Trio
Deuced Up

I have thought about terrain...I have 3 alternatives:Cubes,Marching cubes,polygonal terrain.
Marching cubes will look like shit in game with 0.6m cube size,but 0.6 is size comfort to edit and build,so I need make 0.6m
Polygonal is very cool,but it wont work on crap computers. It is very difficult to make physics,collisions,and If I will try to release it now,I wont make this game,or maybe I will make it after 5 years :) .And it is no easy to edit of course.
So I will make Cube terrain.

But about style of models.. I can not choose PixelArt or polygons.

Polygons are very difficult to edit,but it's looks cool,you will add new weapon 5hours,seriously,It is very hard to make texture and model.
but you will draw Pixel Weapon very fast,and you will get fun.
Match CS and CS2D for it,and how difficult is moding for this both games.
Buffet_of_Lies
Mapper
Mapper

I know there is a language barrier here but wtf is a "marching cube"?
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Trio, in a 3D FPS. You use 3D models for the weapons. YOU DON'T USE FRICKING PIXEL ART GUNS! Why? It looks like crap and guess what, it's super hard to mod. That's right it's much easier to mod a 3D model than a pixel art image. Trust me on this one.

Also polygonal terrain will run better on old computers. Since more geometry can be stored inside the video memory rather than system memory.

Also 1 km x 1km x 128m is just unrealistically large.
UNITiS
Deuced Up

Buffet_of_Lies wrote:
I know there is a language barrier here but wtf is a "marching cube"?
Marching cubes is a voxel algorithm.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marching_cubes
In a voxel terrain the algorithm can be used to make the terrain look smoother.
Kinda like in this example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIGgUFP33fc

And regarding what HoboHob said about the terrain size being unrealistically large, I already pointed it out but I don't think it matters as at this point I don't see the project moving on, since this guy just keeps posting what he imagines the finished game to be like, instead of actually doing any work. I used to be like that when I started working on games, I'd be way over ambitious about them leading to the failing in the end. Until Trio shows us that he can actually make a game instead of just talking about it, we should be skeptical about it. I was trying to be positive, towards this project but there really wasn't any significant progress made since the start of the thread.
115 posts Page 5 of 8 First unread post
Return to “Other Games”