Chesty's M16A4 HD (WIP)

Released modifications for the OpenSpades client.
Forum rules
Release, download, and praise or criticize completed modifications. For installation and creation help, please visit the OpenSpades general discussion forum.
14 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
ChestyPuller
Deuce

So I've been playing OpenSpades for about 3 months now, and have been using various mods from this forum almost the whole time. About a month ago I decided to make my own as well, so this is the first version of my M16A4.

Version 1 includes:
- HD M16A4 with foregrip and flashlight attachments
- HD Acog scope
- Custom reload animation
- Updated hand placement for foregrip and reload animations
**note: this affected the hand placement for Block and Grenade animations so I've included updated scripts for both**
- Updated Block script to resemble the default animation
- Updated script for Grenade animation to more closely model how grenades are prepped/thrown in real life
- Specialized 'killfeed' icon for non-headshot kills with rifle
-Readme file for proper installation

What's to come:
- Customized soundpack
- Iron and Holographic sights
- New grenade model to accompany the updated script (will be a model of modern M67 hand grenade)

Version 1 can be download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2v5tmypxa82rw ... e.rar?dl=0
Spoiler:
3rd person rifle as viewed in Slab6: (the 1st person models in Slab6 are actually in 4 different parts so I couldn't show them here)

3rd Person view in-game(subject to change - future versions will have hands/rifle repositioned to look more realistic):

1st person view in-game:

ADS (Aimed down sight) at 90deg FOV:

ADS at 68deg(default) FOV :
**I personally use this with Chameleon's zoom script. I think future versions will include an option to include the zoom script for this rifle (if he'd be down with that) but for now, you'll have to get it here:
http://www.buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=12689
***I know the 3rd person has desert style weapon attachments and not the 1st person view, but the acog and flashlight just didn't look right in that view so I had to go back to gun-metal grey.
****This is a Work In Progress, so if you have any suggestions, comments, complaints, please reply to this post or you can send me a pm here

Special thanks to Chameleon for his scripting tutorial and scaling/positioning suggestions, and also to Paratrooper for his M4 Magpul script (I used a snippet to make the charging handle work during reload).
FoobyDude
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

This is very well done. Although, in my opinion the external view of the gun (in any other players' hands) should be a lower 3d res, to match the characters that are holding them.
ChestyPuller
Deuce

Yeah Chameleon said the same thing. Actually I modelled both from the same stock, both to save time and also to keep with the HD motif. I'll try lower res 3rd person model in the next version(s). Thanks for the input man.

On a side note, have you tried it in-game yet? I'm anxious to know how people feel about it in their 'hands.'
FoobyDude
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Just tried out the M16, it's pretty good. and the packaged grenade and block scripts are pretty neat as well.

But I noticed that the Acog sight's graphic was kinda wonky, so I took the liberty of tidying it up for you!

Feel free to use it in later versions if you'd like
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Nice rifle there, too detailed, but that's just my opinion.
I am sorry I will not try it out - my own version of OS is incompatible with this script (plus, I am afraid to overwrite my own mods).
You could make rifle have optional scope/ironsights by looking into the custom FOV script (linked in your first post). Actually I am going to do this script myself, so you can wait until I publish ithere (together with my custom OS build). But the script is still early WIP.
Fluffeh Panda
Deuced Up

Can I have permission to edit the gun and upload it? I will give you full credit of the gun and list clearly the modifications I have done. Thanks
MushyMosaic
Deuced Up

am I the only one around here that gets jelly if I find a huge gun mod that I can't do

pls chams teach me
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Well...
Do you know any programming language? Best would be C++
MushyMosaic
Deuced Up

I have no experiences on making scripts, would be cool if you include an in-depth tutorial on this
ps: asking the tutorial so hard that i feel the urge to edit my m4a4 into a completely new design
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Well let your eyes wonder onto my signature.

You should know basic rules of programming to be able to do something. Even if you are familiar with C++ it's going to be a bumpy ride.
StrikerJanners
Deuced Up

cool could you make an M4A1 like this one?

raj1966
Deuce

Wow, this is a beautiful beautiful rifle. I've been looking for a nice looking M16. This is amazing, and the best part is you put an ACOG on there, my favorite optic of all time! But I wish you included an SMG version...
raj1966
Deuce

How do I add chameleons script?
raj1966
Deuce

Hello all, finally the forums are back up, been more than a year!!!
14 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades MODs”