Decompilated Code of Client and Server

Doesn't quite fit anywhere else? Post here!
17 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Edgamer63
Deuce

hello all, i think i decompiled the client and server of Ace of Spades 0.75 .

Here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nulaawc6up0qa ... t.rar?dl=0
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

DOWNLOAD NOW AND GET AN EXTRA TROJAN FREE
Edgamer63
Deuce

ha... ha Lincent, you did'nt see it, there aren't exe... are source codes -.- , but well, i will work it alone :v ... how EVER!.
AyeNova
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

someone download and tell me what's this
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Nova is always going right to the frontlines and sacrificing himself :')
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

Edgamer63 wrote:
ha... ha Lincent, you did'nt see it, there aren't exe... are source codes -.- , but well, i will work it alone :v ... how EVER!.
Anyways nice job, but what are we going to use this for?
longbyte1
Deuced Up

You thought it was as easy as just plopping it into Retargetable Decompiler/IDA, badabing badaboom, here's the code?

Congrats, you decompiled it. That's the easy part. But deobfuscating it could take a whole year to do; I think ByteBit is (still) working on that. And even after you did all that, you're still missing essential information needed to compile it back into an EXE. And then even after it's all working, what are you going to do with it? It's two huge .c files with 242k lines, excluding statically linked functions and including a whole big spaghetti of unrolled loops that nobody could possibly try to decipher.

That said, I'm glad to see somebody still interested in taking a shot at cracking AoS. However, we should move on to create our own replicas of AoS instead (call them "tributes" if you'd like): we learn far more and take far less time making it ourselves than trying to reverse engineer a heavily obfuscated, hand-optimized work of art.
Edgamer63
Deuce

So, if i can't do something with this... i will start a project using the voxlap, for experimental things i can do! Blue_Happy1 ... but, i'm begineer programmer Blue_Normal , but, i will try to practice with the voxlap Blue_Happy3 , for a good experience. So, in another thing, im doing a tribute to Ace of Spades, that is called: "Battlexel", is simply an Ace of Spades, but in 2D .

Thank you friends for your answering and help, I hope to have your help, maybe we will take out of the hole, this game so good someday, very soon maybe Blue_Happy3 .

PD: Sorry if my english have mistakes or else :3 (I think there is a lot of errors hahah xD, not sure Blue_BigSmile )...
longbyte1
Deuced Up

Do what you want, then. Good luck on your project.
Marisa Kirisame
Deuced Up

longbyte1 wrote:
You thought it was as easy as just plopping it into Retargetable Decompiler/IDA, badabing badaboom, here's the code?

Congrats, you decompiled it. That's the easy part. But deobfuscating it could take a whole year to do; I think ByteBit is (still) working on that. And even after you did all that, you're still missing essential information needed to compile it back into an EXE.
I skipped the "turn it into C" bit for PowerThirst, instead just getting the disassembly to behave when fed through yasm + ld. It took a while to make the syntax conform, replace a few magic numbers, remove relocation information, and make it possible to change the player count + player name length, but I got there eventually.

In order to get the actual PowerThirst features, I compiled the AngelScript interface as a separate DLL and created the actual PE structures by hand.

I actually tried porting it to Linux, and got it to compile, but I needed an arseload of wrapper functions and after writing all the stubs I couldn't work out where to go next.

mat^2 didn't stop at assembly, he actually did shove it into a decompiler, and that's how we eventually ended up with Pyspades in the first place. It came complete with an unannotated decompilation of the ENet compression functions. Eventually we learnt that ENet was used, and Pyspades was modified to use pyenet instead of the decompilation of what is actually open source software.

Fun thing though, AoS isn't obfuscated.

----

With that said, this should be plastered on the front page of BnS:
longbyte1 wrote:
That said, I'm glad to see somebody still interested in taking a shot at cracking AoS. However, we should move on to create our own replicas of AoS instead (call them "tributes" if you'd like): we learn far more and take far less time making it ourselves than trying to reverse engineer a heavily obfuscated, hand-optimized work of art.
EDIT: OK, that might as well be my sig.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

Nice new sig @Marisa
longbyte1
Deuced Up

just realized I had sigs off all this time.
/me turns them on

Wow look my wisdom is now on 2 sigs. Inconceivable.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

longbyte1 wrote:
just realized I had sigs off all this time.
/me turns them on

Wow look my wisdom is now on 2 sigs. Inconceivable.
It's more like you sperging out, but you can call it whatever you want.
Edgamer63
Deuce

Marisa Kirisame wrote:
longbyte1 wrote:

Congrats, you decompiled it. That's the easy part. But deobfuscating it could take a whole year to do; I think ByteBit is (still) working on that. And even after you did all that, you're still missing essential information needed to compile it back into an EXE.
I skipped the "turn it into C" bit for PowerThirst, instead just getting the disassembly to behave when fed through yasm + ld. It took a while to make the syntax conform, replace a few magic numbers, remove relocation information, and make it possible to change the player count + player name length, but I got there eventually.

In order to get the actual PowerThirst features, I compiled the AngelScript interface as a separate DLL and created the actual PE structures by hand.

I actually tried porting it to Linux, and got it to compile, but I needed an arseload of wrapper functions and after writing all the stubs I couldn't work out where to go next.

mat^2 didn't stop at assembly, he actually did shove it into a decompiler, and that's how we eventually ended up with Pyspades in the first place. It came complete with an unannotated decompilation of the ENet compression functions. Eventually we learnt that ENet was used, and Pyspades was modified to use pyenet instead of the decompilation of what is actually open source software.

----

longbyte1 wrote:

uh, great! :D ... so, i have another thing that can help to get the base code :D (to give it to Ben Aksoy)... There is a lost .lib in AoS... that have functions of the DLL "zlib1.dll" (i think xD)... there is the link: https://mega.nz/#!QsUiGBTA!Kif3f01gawU6 ... 8PR4uHQnQ0 %3Av
Edgamer63
Deuce

Marisa Kirisame wrote:
longbyte1 wrote:

----

longbyte1 wrote:

uh, great! :D ... so, i have another thing that can help to get the base code :D (to give it to Ben Aksoy)... There is a lost .lib in AoS... that have functions of the DLL "zlib1.dll" (i think xD)... there is the link: https://mega.nz/#!QsUiGBTA!Kif3f01gawU6 ... 8PR4uHQnQ0
17 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Return to “The Lounge”