No Leaf Clover - 2016.06.13 - custom OS build - no updates

OpenSpades is an open source alternative client for AoS Classic and beyond! Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Created by yvt.
Compatible with AoS Classic.
166 posts Page 9 of 12 First unread post
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

plus it's a lot more time than needed for chameleon.
MushyMosaic
Deuced Up

Chameleon wrote:
Screenshot please? Can you get more detailed? Do you still see the HUD, can you reverse the effect by selecting weapon?

@Jigsaw: will add to to-do list.
I can't seem to get a proper screenshot since it removes the HP count and Ammo.
Whenever I use the Spade, Block, or the grenade, the screen completely go black, but the hud (HP, Ammo) is still there.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

There's screenshot and sceneshot. Sceneshot is without HUD.
Also, are you using OpenGL or Software? What is your screen resolution?
Does the game stop? Can you make screen go back to normal by selecting weapon?
MushyMosaic
Deuced Up

Chameleon wrote:
There's screenshot and sceneshot. Sceneshot is without HUD.
Also, are you using OpenGL or Software? What is your screen resolution?
Does the game stop? Can you make screen go back to normal by selecting weapon?
I am using OpenGL, the resolution is 1366x760, the game doesnt crash or anything, and it goes normal if I switch to the rifle, smg, or shotgun.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

You just made it a lot easier to try track it down and fix it. Thank you.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

with your upcoming update, what are your priorities right now for the game? (I do know though that on the top of the list, you need a new computer.)
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

I got a new computer.
TBH_mode: engaged

Right now I play some random games I couldn't before. (i7 + nvydya)
One of them is Unturned. Weapon customization is kinda cool, but weapon behaviour is quite unresponsive. Community of that game is cancerous (badmins & gold mode can suck some dicks). Vehicles allow some customization too, but they still suck, they're only better at traveling a bit faster, no excitement and gas runs out too quick.
So I believe I could in future get some of that cool stuff into AoS. For example, I imagine having not an artificial respawn timer, but rather making player pick up from an armoury his weapon, reload it, grab some magazines, attachments, maybe some armour, helmet, nades, maybe medkit...
If vehicles get introduced here (very low chance at very distant future), you'd have to arm vehicle yourself, so you wouldn't just leave it in the battle and run away.
Also, having visible and real damage system for vehicles (you destroy voxels that you hit) would be insanely cool. This idea is from VoxelStein, go get it, it's free and opensource.
And before TBH:off, I'll say that I haven't yet set up No Leaf Clover for development. Maybe Friday (or the day before friday, idk what it's called).

TBH:off.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

no vehicles unless you're talking about planes. Don't you know how insane it is to drive a car on a voxel terrain? Pretty annoying. (Although even though guncraft is insanely, they managed it quite well...)
then again I'm afraid that the complexity you're asking for wouldn't be good for the game itself. yes, maybe it does need at least newer stuff to spice up the game, but armor, helmets? No. Same goes for having attachments. attachments would ruin the simplicity of modding and I don't want it to go guncraft on us. Something that would be more promising that would spice up the game but still keep it feeling like AoS: Yes, before you would spawn instead of just simply choosing a gun, you would also be able to have two choices within each: Either A)be able to recharge health rapidly or B) get extra mags and grenades.
Also, I was considering instead of having medkits, you would have to rely completely on other people to help you. This would get the community thinking more along the lines of "Let's go together and I'll be behind you and heal you constantly" instead of "SMGAAAAAAAAAAAYYY SPAWNCAMP"
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

those are what we call first world problems
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Well I already made Blue team shoot G43/MP40 and Green shoot M1Garand/Thompson. Sounds are different for those 4 guns.
As I said, footstep/hurt sounds will not be different. But weapon/tool sounds are different already.
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Haven't looked at BnS for a long time. Hows progress, Cham?
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

My Focke-Wulf Ta-183 shot down two Tempest-V's and two P-63C's, but since my four MG-213's ran out of ammo before I could shoot down the second P-63C, I had to return to base and so I lost my altitude&speed. It resulted in a turn dogfight instead of my Ta-183's preferable boom and zoom tactic. I got shot a couple of times, damaged the end of my left wing. But I managed to gain altitude, and shot the P-63C when he tried escaping and shot again when he tried landing in a field. Then I harassed enemy airfield until I got hit, but my pilot bailed out.

That's how's my progress (Il-2 1946)

But don't worry, I got new computer and all of my recent progress. I've almost setup stuff. Butt studies first
FoobyDude
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

On a scale of 1 to dead.

how we doin?
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

and aof first <3
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

9-ish dead. I still think about you, NLC <3
But tbh OpenSpades engine isn't perfect, LeCom said "I can do so much better". So I'm going to try do some NLC with his engine, but that's still speculation, haven't run the client/server yet.

2016.05.10: Fixing this one up, so I can forget about this.
166 posts Page 9 of 12 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades Discussion”