Programming Language?

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
TheRedPirate
Deuce
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:41 pm


what programming language does AoS use?

(i have been offline due to housing issues)
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon
Posts: 2206
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:32 pm


there is a programming language for it, but it's actually more for VoxLap, the voxel game engine software. Ben just built AoS off of voxlap
LeCom
Post Demon
Post Demon
Posts: 866
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 8:07 am


The client is written in C. The Voxlap engine (actually more like a library) is written partly in C++, but that can be reduced to C; the most important parts of it are written in x86 Assembler with the MMX extension. The original server included in the AoS package should be written in C too, the server software mainly used today, PySnip, is written in Cython - a mix of C++, Python and a transitioning language to connect both.
ATHEISTs_r_us
Banned
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:03 pm


Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:02 pmLeCom wrote:
The Voxlap engine (actually more like a library) is written partly in C++, but that can be reduced to C
Not decidably
LeCom
Post Demon
Post Demon
Posts: 866
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 8:07 am


Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:45 pmATHEISTs_r_us wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:02 pmLeCom wrote:
The Voxlap engine (actually more like a library) is written partly in C++, but that can be reduced to C
Not decidably
Engresh pls
Also, my Voxlap "fork" can be compiled as pure C.
ATHEISTs_r_us
Banned
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:03 pm


Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:52 pmLeCom wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:45 pmATHEISTs_r_us wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:02 pmLeCom wrote:
The Voxlap engine (actually more like a library) is written partly in C++, but that can be reduced to C
Not decidably
Engresh pls
Also, my Voxlap "fork" can be compiled as pure C.
C++ templates make a reduction to C uncomputable, unless you're allowed to use the C++ compiler as an oracle.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 0 guests