League #6

Join and host tournaments, contests, get-togethers, and other events.
57 posts Page 3 of 4 First unread post
[DI]Dwin
League Champs
League Champs

LeCom wrote:
[DI]Dwin wrote:
LeCom wrote:
kids aimbotting
0.76 hacks gg , surrend @ 20.
You don't even know the slightest part of the truth

well ok my bad, at that time nobody was aimbotting in the league, but the way it is played is pretty close to that.
i think that yes i do but we shouldn't speak about that here with all BR's out.
btw league is a game of teamworking , even if the skill count for sure.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

that's just racist
[DI]Dwin
League Champs
League Champs

Zekamalikyd wrote:
that's just racist
ok.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

This is a good idea. There are a lot of problems that we would have expected to solve like the servers and the admin. However I see this as an opportunity for the community to come together. The league was always about intense teamwork. Personally I won't be able to participate with my shotty Internet but I would love to see how things turn out.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

Jdrew wrote:
However I see this as an opportunity for the community to come together.
You would be mistaken. Competition creates rifts, not friendships.

Why don't you guys aim for something more loose and obtainable like what Aloha does with FSOMs. If you really want people to have a good time and improve the community, it would be smarter to try to make balanced matches/teams instead of having a teams with lots of no-life players rek all the people just wanting to have a good time and hang out. I'm not saying we need to have a little-league baseball match where everyone is a winner, but at least make both teams somewhat balanced so people aren't getting spawnkilled the entire game.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Mr.Torch wrote:

You would be mistaken. Competition creates rifts, not friendships.

Why don't you guys aim for something more loose and obtainable like what Aloha does with FSOMs. If you really want people to have a good time and improve the community, it would be smarter to try to make balanced matches/teams instead of having a teams with lots of no-life players rek all the people just wanting to have a good time and hang out. I'm not saying we need to have a little-league baseball match where everyone is a winner, but at least make both teams somewhat balanced so people aren't getting spawnkilled the entire game.
I think you are right. AK got pushed around a lot in the earlier seasons of the league which made our experience less than enjoyable but at the same time after the first season AK started to really plan out its matches(ex: TSB match after the komrades win). Sure we still lost a lot but the deep strategic planning and teamwork that AK did during the league was much more fun then any casual gathering.

Yes my earlier statement might not be a viable option but we should still provide a competitive environment for those who want it, it might just keep people playing.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

didn't you ask some clan to join the league so you could beat them
i remember you doing so
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

It will be hard to get any more than 6 clans to even say they are going to show up let alone actually get them to show up. Would be easier to just to host a FSOM like event like I said.
MrFritz
League Operator
League Operator

Mr.Torch wrote:
It will be hard to get any more than 6 clans to even say they are going to show up let alone actually get them to show up. Would be easier to just to host a FSOM like event like I said.
Go ahead and do it Mr.Torch
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

MrFritz wrote:
Mr.Torch wrote:
If you actually want to get a 6th league up and have people join, I'd take a step back from your ego if I were you.
TheKing
League Champs
League Champs

Mr.Torch wrote:
MrFritz wrote:
Mr.Torch wrote:
If you actually want to get a 6th league up and have people join, I'd take a step back from your ego if I were you.
I believe that he meant the last part of your answer.
Would be easier to just to host a FSOM like event like I said.
This is a great idea, I already thought of something like Blue vs Green (like old event) http://buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php? ... reen+Event and I think a new event would be good.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

TheKing wrote:
Would be easier to just to host a FSOM like event like I said.
This is a great idea, I already thought of something like Blue vs Green (like old event) http://buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php? ... reen+Event and I think a new event would be good.
Sounds good to me. I don't know if Aloha would want to host, but if not we could talk to Muffin. The problem is deciding on a map and gamemode that people would actually want to play on. I love arena, but it's a niche. Babel is always there, so I don't see the need to make a separate event for it. CTF is fun, but only if the teams are balanced. Etc.. etc... We could go for something light-hearted like blockpower though. Just so people don't take the game too serious and start getting all edgy. Maps are their own problem. If we pick a popular map everyone will be bored with it, because it's overplayed and if we pick an unpopular map it will most likely be unbalanced or horribly designed.
Kyzaca
Deuced Up

hallway arena
[DI]Dwin
League Champs
League Champs

Mr.Torch wrote:
It will be hard to get any more than 6 clans
FF , Revenge , Clan , HOMO , REV , Royalty , Komrades , Linespqr , OWN , eXe , BAS , etc..
11 =/= 6
PABH
Deuced Up

Mr.Torch wrote:
Competition creates rifts, not friendships.
build bridges not walls ;)
57 posts Page 3 of 4 First unread post
Return to “Community Events”