[TOPIC MUST BE DELETED]

Released modifications for the OpenSpades client.
Forum rules
Release, download, and praise or criticize completed modifications. For installation and creation help, please visit the OpenSpades general discussion forum.
17 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
ReezerGaming
Deuce

This thread is useless now.

Not knowing how to delete them, I will leave like that.

Have a good day.
Last edited by ReezerGaming on Sun May 22, 2016 2:40 pm, edited 7 times in total.
FoobyDude
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

I like the simplistic style, but with that said they probably don't have iron sights to go with them.
ReezerGaming
Deuce

FoobyDude wrote:
I like the simplistic style, but with that said they probably don't have iron sights to go with them.
You're wrong, there are ALL iron sights and scope for AWP.
Omicronkill
Deuced Up

It'd be usefull to have IG screenshots then ^^ As we are speaking of OS, iron sights are very important and it's kinda hard to get something efficient, so showing a screen of your ones could help players decide if they want to DL your mods ;) I personnaly don't DL something on which I haven't all the details to help me choosing...

Anyway, nice models! You made some parts too thick but it's a common thing (not specially a mistake) when doing old school low detail models. I can also see some mistakes with proportions but since it's not your objective to be 100% accurate when modeling, it's not very important.

The only one I don't like is your M500. It seems like the proportions are really messed up on this one, even if you are not doing realistic mods. I don't know how the ref looks tho.

Good luck with your work!

Frogg
ReezerGaming
Deuce

Omicronkill wrote:
It'd be usefull to have IG screenshots then ^^ As we are speaking of OS, iron sights are very important and it's kinda hard to get something efficient, so showing a screen of your ones could help players decide if they want to DL your mods ;) I personnaly don't DL something on which I haven't all the details to help me choosing...

Anyway, nice models! You made some parts too thick but it's a common thing (not specially a mistake) when doing old school low detail models. I can also see some mistakes with proportions but since it's not your objective to be 100% accurate when modeling, it's not very important.

The only one I don't like is your M500. It seems like the proportions are really messed up on this one, even if you are not doing realistic mods. I don't know how the ref looks tho.

Good luck with your work!

Frogg
thanks for the tip, I apply in now !
Omicronkill
Deuced Up

Okay, I'll say a few things for each model!

1. The AWP:
Your model looks good IG, I like the muzzle brake as I didn't made one for my version of this rifle, so it seems "original" for me. The color is really nice. AND the most important thing for me with OS weapons, there is COHERENCE between the rifle and the scope, +1 for you! Next, the negative points. The bipod first isn't a bad idea but doing it without knowing how to adjust hand pos (via scripting) is kinda awkward because the left hand is glitching through the bipod. Also, the sight alignement in the scope is messed up, you should try pivot adjusting (I know it's borring, but it's a primordial step).

2. The SCAR:
It also looks good IG. One thing I don't understand tho is why the second layer (speaking about the line you made to add relief (if it's english Blue_D'oh )) is under the bolt IG and on/with the bolt on the preview one/world model. Sights alignement seems good here, but the front sight looks strange.

3. The L86:
In my opinion the worst model of your mods. I explain myself. First, it's way too thick. Don't hesitate to make the slice under the carry handle one-block large, and this for all the length of your model. Next, your carry handle seems too high IG, nothing too important here. But I have one real problem with it: the sights. I perfectly understand why you made them like this, OS sights system is really limitating for modding if you don't know how to change it with scripting, and even with scipting it's kinda hard. In fact you got a good idea, but it doesn't render well IG. What you could try is to replace the carry handle with a scope (like ACOG or Comp Aimpoint), it'll look more interesting.

4. M500:
Little fact to know, it's a real weapon (as far as I know, I'm not an expert), a Mossberg 500 I think Blue_Wink1 . The preview model looks very thick (and it is) and messed up but it looks way better IG. The sights alignement is well made. Imo the holo is a bad idea with such low detail, maybe you should try reflex sight? The laser pointer is a bad idea tho, it looks way too big here and the color is too dark. Little tip tho, maybe you could ask Warp, Evergreen or Chameleon (they make excellent mods) for help with the electronic optics, there is a way of doing it where the reticle only appears when you're aiming (but it's via scripting).

Don't hesitate to ask me help via private messages, I read somewhere that you were french and i'm french too, it'd be easier for you maybe to have help in french?
Traduction:
Spoiler:
N'hésite pas à me demander de l'aide via message privé, j'ai lu quelque part (sur ton autre topic je crois) que tu étais français aussi. Peut-être que ce sera plus facile pour toi et moi de discuter en français? Et non, je n'ai pas re-traduit l'intégralité du post, la flemme ^^.
Frogg
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Drink every time Omnicron says tho.
+points if you make it to the end of his post
(ignore me, I'm drunk a bit) Blue_BigSmile
Omicronkill
Deuced Up

Chameleon wrote:
xD, I haven't so much vocab... tho... I like it...
ReezerGaming
Deuce

After an hard drive problem, this will take time before seeing updates in my armory : I lost everything !
I am sorry for this, there will have an update Tuesday maybe ...
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Omicronkill wrote:
Chameleon wrote:
xD, I haven't so much vocab... tho... I like it...
I am now past the legal limit of having alcohol.
Wolfman389
Deuced Up

really like the guns.

btw, does anybody think that these ironsights look like stuff from destiny?
Wolfman389
Deuced Up

i just noticed this now,

the L86 has a diffrent sight than the one shown in the picture, the m4a1 has a mag the hovers below the weapon, and the Kel-Tek KSG's sight is good but it blockes your vision (where it tells you its going is not where it is going).

i hope these get fixed, because these are some of my favorite mods.
thanks
tobi9sc
Modder
Modder

I think the scar is too thin and some iron sights are blocking the view. Slab6 pictures would be nice. Nice work anyways Blue_Happy1
ReezerGaming
Deuce

Wolfman389 wrote:
i just noticed this now,

the L86 has a diffrent sight than the one shown in the picture, the m4a1 has a mag the hovers below the weapon, and the Kel-Tek KSG's sight is good but it blockes your vision (where it tells you its going is not where it is going).

i hope these get fixed, because these are some of my favorite mods.
thanks
Thanks for taking time for my mod, but you need to know I will make other guns with better details !
GoofKnocker
Deuce

The AWP looks awesome, the scope is bit awkward tough...
17 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades MODs”