Paratrooper's M4 Magpul w/ Side Charging Mod

Released modifications for the OpenSpades client.
Forum rules
Release, download, and praise or criticize completed modifications. For installation and creation help, please visit the OpenSpades general discussion forum.
84 posts Page 4 of 6 First unread post
I Iz Shahid
Deuce

Thresh wrote:
Paratrooper wrote:
Thresh wrote:
sorry if this is a newb question, but the reflex sight doesn't work in the latest version? help :d
Are you using software rendering? If you are, the game will crash whenever you aim down the sights. Either you will have to turn on OpenGL rendering or I will have to make a fallback sight for sorfware rendering.

I do not use the software render, I use OpenGL. The thing is that just the reflex sight is missing everything else works fine.

I installed the mod by unpacking the pak in the OpenSpades directory like this, it may have something to do with it i don't know I install all my mods like this ( swapping them out)
I am also having the same issue, I tried to make the dot darker using gimp but it still didn't work. As for how I installed it, I simply placed you pak file, the one that is linked to OP, and placed in into the resources file of a vanilla openspades.

This is probably the best mod for openspades yet, keep up the good work Blue_Happy1 !

P.S. Do you use volexshop for your models?
NovaStone
Veterans
Veterans

Is this dead? the last post was 2012, anyways, this is my favorite mod for openspades right now and like others have said the ADS thing isn't working.

if it isn't dead then i would love for that to get fixed soon.

but if it is dead is there an older version that has it working i could get somewhere?

sorry for the necro post and thanks for your time.
Xcalrune104
Deuce

Hey Paratrooper, how do you save files as a .pak? i'm trying to make it better for people to install my mods. Great mod by the way!
Paratrooper
Modder
Modder

Bah, I forgot about this project. Sorry.

I tested my current version and it still works on my machine... I'll try changing how the sight is drawn on-screen.
Hot Dog
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Paratrooper wrote:
Bah, I forgot about this project. Sorry.

I tested my current version and it still works on my machine... I'll try changing how the sight is drawn on-screen.
I'll add that the current downloadable version also works fine on my computer as well.
Glad to see you're back btw.
Paratrooper
Modder
Modder

Put out an update. I changed how the sight is drawn, along with some other things. Let me know if it still doesn't work.
Xcalrune104 wrote:
Hey Paratrooper, how do you save files as a .pak? i'm trying to make it better for people to install my mods. Great mod by the way!
The .pak file that OpenSpades uses is pretty much just a .zip file with the file extension replaced to .pak.
7zip allows you to compress something as a .pak directly. If you have that program, the option should be under "Archive format". If you don't have 7zip, just compress it a a regular .zip with whatever program you have and change ".zip" to ".pak" manually by renaming it.
Hot Dog
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Looks great!
FoobyDude
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Hot Dog wrote:
Looks great!
Course it does, Paratrooper made it!
Qewien
Deuce

Can't seem to download
The download and save to dropbox buttons are are faded and unclickable

edit
nevermind, I can get it from the game banana page. I hope it's updated, downloading now
Warm Flames
Deuce

This is amazing! I would love to see a AWP style bolt action sniper with a scope! I have never seen a mod with so much attention to detail. Keep up the good work!
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

The bolt is on the wrong side and you can't pull it back with your hand like that. You use the charging handle on the upper receiver of the gun in the back, right behind where the carry handle normally is. It looks really cool nonetheless though.
Paratrooper
Modder
Modder

Mr.Torch wrote:
The bolt is on the wrong side and you can't pull it back with your hand like that. You use the charging handle on the upper receiver of the gun in the back, right behind where the carry handle normally is. It looks really cool nonetheless though.
Hence the title, M4 Magpul w/ Side Charging Mod.
Example of it in action: https://i.imgur.com/HXFbulV.jpg

vid:
There are multiple variations on this. Some uppers have it on the other side, some on both. I chose to go with this so that the charging handle visibly moves back and forth while firing.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

Paratrooper wrote:
Mr.Torch wrote:
Hence the title, M4 Magpul w/ Side Charging Mod.
Example of it in action: https://i.imgur.com/HXFbulV.jpg

vid:
There are multiple variations on this. Some uppers have it on the other side, some on both. I chose to go with this so that the charging handle visibly moves back and forth while firing.
Ah, okay
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

this gun is so fucking sexy.... Are ya planning to make other weapons? (After you thoroughly finish polishing this weapon)
aholeinthehead
Deuce

digital masterpiece Blue_Sunglasses1 love it very much
84 posts Page 4 of 6 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades MODs”