It's time to Transition

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
103 posts Page 6 of 7 First unread post
longbyte1
Deuced Up

-longbyte=lurker, talks about doing great things but never actually does them
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

epicfacethe3rd wrote:
jpotts1515 wrote:
Great idea! I love this so i hope it dont go away tho. Ive been here since like 3 months after the original AoS release. Blue_Happy1 Green_Happy1 my old account was lost when AoS shutdown and i just recently signed back up.
guess it's kinda rude nice you just showed up, but,
besides that, welcome to build and shoot. here's a quick guide:
-jagex=satan
-izzy=zombie
-danheez and stack=good man, now dead
-zeka=normal trollposter, makes ok mods.
-xcross=troll, sometimes contributes.
-lecom (AKA GOD)= last surviving coder, along with me.
-vxw (voxelwar)= realy cool
-openspades= graphics options
-bloodfox= nice guy
-reuben mchawk= borderline troll, occasionally spurts off good advice
-warp= one of the last good modders, along with mrhax
-jdrew= dead, nice guy, made tutorial videos called "deuce camp"
-1shot1kill= makes good mods, now complains about everything. offical pessimist.
that should about do it for the introductions.
Holy shit...
There are so many things wrong with that list.
SWayKills
Deuced Up

As a player who has been here long enough to barely know any of you peoples names, I would like to say, that this comes up every few months, for the past 3 1/2 years. The game is always about dead. But something always "saves it" for a little while. Although, honestly, AoS did pretty much die for me when Shams Little Pony and the StormWind servers shut down. I miss my @SW brothers :(

Love- ScareCrow
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

epicfacethe3rd wrote:
-1shot1kill= makes good mods, now complains about everything. offical pessimist.
When you have a game that has been dead for years with no sign of changing apart from someone making an AoS clone that is of now of dubious quality, there's not really much to say if there even is anything about the positives of Build & Shoot and AoS 0.75.
SWayKills wrote:
As a player who has been here long enough to barely know any of you peoples names, I would like to say, that this comes up every few months, for the past 3 1/2 years. The game is always about dead. But something always "saves it" for a little while. Although, honestly, AoS did pretty much die for me when Shams Little Pony and the StormWind servers shut down. I miss my @SW brothers :(

Love- ScareCrow
It practically died when Jagex came on the scene.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

SWayKills wrote:

Love- ScareCrow
I quit Ace of Spades because there weren't any updates, that was 2 and 1/2 years ago.
SWayKills
Deuced Up

I still play "regularly", just not the 6 hours a day I used when the good servers, that actually had admins, were around.

And no, Jagex coming along made this community stronger together. It was the fact that a few important people lost interest in the game. When Sham stopped caring, he closed his server. When @SW fell apart, they closed their server. Up until that point the community was still semi strong and we all knew where to find our friends and have a friendly game. After the main servers went down, the hackers and Hallway took over, and everything started to crumble. I don't even remember the last time I saw a server with any players running Market Garden, Normandy, Trenches, or Classic Gen. Just fucking Hallway as far as the eye can see.

Shit, I would settle for a good match of CP on Mesa!
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

damn, all these people complaining about no normandy/trenches/cGen/mesa/ect. gives me an idea!
I'll get back to work on getting my pysnip server online, fellas!
assuming that people will go on the server, of course.
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

epicfacethe3rd wrote:
damn, all these people complaining about no normandy/trenches/cGen/mesa/ect. gives me an idea!
I'll get back to work on getting my pysnip server online, fellas!
assuming that people will go on the server, of course.
They probably won't.
LeCom

only if the map is hallway
You can try genway and make the server list show hallway.
gen
Banned

someone make hallway map in vxw lol
SWayKills
Deuced Up

EpicFace, you make it and I will do my best to fill it. I'll sit there along for 2 hours and wait if need be.
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

gen wrote:
someone make hallway map in vxw lol
Marry me?
Revolet
Deuced Up

Seems a bit too early to make a transition. It's like jumping from a sinking ship to a one that's not even half done.
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

Revolet wrote:
Seems a bit too early to make a transition. It's like jumping from a sinking ship to a one that's not even half done.
It's better than to die in a sinking ship. At least this new 'unfinished' ship floats.
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

MrHaaax wrote:
Revolet wrote:
It's better than to die in a sinking ship. At least this new 'unfinished' ship floats.
...sure
103 posts Page 6 of 7 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”