How to change server map?

Host your own server and communicate with server operators.
14 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Pit Bull
Deuce

pls explain me detailed how to do it because everytime when i try it comes up with error and yes i got maps and plus i got one more error and that's i can't join on my own server i did port formading it says server connection error but it show's up on server list
learn_more
Coder
Coder

isnt this your third topic about this?
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

learn_more wrote:
Yep.

http://www.buildandshoot.com/viewtopic. ... 8&p=132594
http://www.buildandshoot.com/viewtopic. ... 2&p=132582

Pit Bull you might want to read the site rules.
Willy wrote:
9. Do not double post (post the same message twice in one thread) or cross post (place the same message across several forums). Exceptions can and will be made for 'reserving' posts for later editing, such as in clan, event or project threads.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

Pit Bull wrote:
pls explain me detailed how to do it because everytime when i try it comes up with error and yes i got maps and plus i got one more error and that's i can't join on my own server i did port formading it says server connection error but it show's up on server list
edit the config.txt file look for you map names they should be like this ["Blah", "classicgen"]
  1. If you want only one 1 map, delete the current maps and in their place use ["Your Map Name without .vxl"] 1.
  • If you want more maps than 2, pay attention closely ["Blah", "classicgen", "Yourmap"] Notice the comma after the " " in the 2nd map, also notice there is a , comma after the first map. but not after the last map.
;1.Notice the one map is like the last map, it has no comma (,) after it.
1Shot1Kill wrote:
learn_more wrote:
Yep.

Look at how 1shot undermines BnS community's reputation!
1Shot forgot a rule 20.Do not chastise newbies. obviously he is posting again because he; (forgot), (is testing us), or (he can't understand us.)
So atleast I have the audacity to educate this person on how to change server maps.
Pit Bull
Deuce

ugh changing one simple map is like brain fu2k
learn_more
Coder
Coder

Pit Bull wrote:
ugh changing one simple map is like brain fu2k
actually, it couldnt be simpeler.
maybe you should learn to tie your own shoelaces first.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

Lincent wrote:
1Shot1Kill wrote:
learn_more wrote:
Yep.

Look at how 1shot undermines BnS community's reputation!
1Shot forgot a rule 20.Do not chastise newbies. obviously he is posting again because he; (forgot), (is testing us), or (he can't understand us.)
So atleast I have the audacity to educate this person on how to change server maps.
So it's okay for some newbie to not take a glance at the site rules and triple-post the same topic but it's not okay for me to educate someone on this? Just Lincent being Lincent as usual. Also going a bit off-topic here, I'm sure trying to start flame wars on tobi's mod thread is breaking some rules there.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

1Shot1Kill wrote:
So it's okay for some newbie to not take a glance at the site rules and triple-post the same topic but it's not okay for me to educate someone on this? Just Lincent being Lincent as usual. Also going a bit off-topic here, I'm sure trying to start flame wars on tobi's mod thread is breaking some rules there.
Look closely
Pit Bull wrote:
He doesn't understand how to do it.
It is only considered against the rules if he makes 3 threads in a row at the same time./day
Also going a bit off-topic here, I'm sure trying to start flame wars on a help thread is breaking some rules there.
So your saying that I can't have an opinion, besides tobi himself is causing the flame war.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

Lincent wrote:
1Shot1Kill wrote:
Look closely
Pit Bull wrote:
He doesn't understand how to do it.
It is only considered against the rules if he makes 3 threads in a row at the same time./day
Also going a bit off-topic here, I'm sure trying to start flame wars on a help thread is breaking some rules there.
So your saying that I can't have an opinion, besides tobi himself is causing the flame war.
If you duplicate your threads at any time, that is breaking the rules no matter what, and of course he doesn't know how to change maps, but it doesn't mean he has to duplicate his thread. On tobi's thread it looks like you're just taking irrelevant and made-up facts and trying to cause some controversy on purpose (which is kinda like what you're doing here too).
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

1Shot1Kill wrote:
If you duplicate your threads at any time, that is breaking the rules no matter what, and of course he doesn't know how to change maps, but it doesn't mean he has to duplicate his thread. On tobi's thread it looks like you're just taking irrelevant and made-up facts and trying to cause some controversy on purpose (which is kinda like what you're doing here too).
Then we should ban Pit Bull because that is all you want and what everyone else wants.
We should ban the next person who asks for help as well.
You don't seem to understand that communities have a reputation, this just proves how much people in this community care about helping newbs, and I don't care anymore.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

Lincent wrote:
1Shot1Kill wrote:
Then we should ban Pit Bull because that is all you want and what everyone else wants.
We should ban the next person who asks for help as well.
You don't seem to understand that communities have a reputation, this just proves how much people in this community care about helping newbs, and I don't care anymore.
Did I ever imply that asking for help was a bannable offense? No, stop making stuff up out of thin air. Of course it's alright to ask for help, but it's not okay spamming and duplicating threads. At the moment you're not really helping this community's reputation.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

Should I even bother?
For every post I make it gets stupider and stupider.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

Lincent wrote:
For every post I make gets stupider and stupider.
Sounds about right.
Willy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

1Shot1Kill why is it that you seem to show up in every thread I have to end up locking? Please stop the minimodding, citing rules at people for very minor infractions only serves to annoy and antagonize. Report posts, PM/IRC query staff if it doesn't get our attention, but stop with the public vigilante justice. It would have been far easier to simply help the user with his question, then politely and privately remind him of rules regarding post etiquette. Alternatively, you could report posts such as this and we'll do it for you. We appreciate the enthusiasm for forum quality, but the enthusiasm isn't resulting in forum quality.

Anyway, looks like an answer's been provided, so I'll go ahead and lock this.
14 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Servers”