New West Coast Server - What map would everyone like?

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
15 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post

What map would you like a WestCoast server for?

3%
Hallway
No votes
Pinpoint
13%
Goonhaven
26%
Normandie
No votes
Face Off
10%
Favella
No votes
Island
39%
ClassicGen
10%
Mesa

Total votes: 31

Tai
Deuced Up

Edit: I would also like to hear suggestions for maps to be put on a rotation server (funds permitting)

Howdy folks;

Looking to get a server going again (Had to take the last one I had down since I wasn't able to pay for it during the Spring) and I was wondering what map people would like to see.

I was looking to host a Hallway map as the Polski server moved to a Polish (of all places) host. It'd be pretty basic, little to no moderation if I'm not online, but the votekick limit will be set much lower, and I will look to getting Badmin installed if I can find the original files.

Host is located in Seattle, so ideal for West-Coast players. In addition to your vote, please indicate whether you would like this to be a CtF, ToW, or TDM server. Also include any map requests that aren't already included on the poll.

I'd also like to host a "jest-servers" line up if someone can provide me with the names/files necessary.
Last edited by Tai on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

I have a map people might like allot better than hallway.
http://buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php? ... 14#p106214
_Frocs_
League Participant
League Participant

Lincent wrote:
Just need to rename it to "HallwayCorridor".

//OnTopic: Normandie is gud
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Corridor is awesome! Put it on your server. :D
Pedroh
Post Demon
Post Demon

No don't do corridor if anything do something unique. Look around in the maps section. Try to host new maps and change them monthly or every 2 weeks
shaz

Don't know why Hallway or Pinpoint is even on your list lol
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

Who needs another generic Hallway/Pinpoint 24/7 server (which are basically 90% of all popular servers)? There needs to be more servers that host unique maps (Pedroh's idea is good, try rotating around custom maps from the maps section, and throw in classicgen too.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

1Shot1Kill wrote:
Who needs another generic Hallway/Pinpoint 24/7 server (which are basically 90% of all popular servers)? There needs to be more servers that host unique maps (Pedroh's idea is good, try rotating around custom maps from the maps section, and throw in classicgen too.
Ahhhh. I love me some classicgen :)
Dzhoel
Deuced Up

I love classicgen, whenever a full server has classicgen i join immediately....

....but this isn't 2011, classicgen hasn't been popular for a long time and whenever servers are up (if ever) they're usually dead
Teeth
League Participant
League Participant

It seems like classicgen is a favourite on your poll. I'd personally go with normandie though. I've had a lot of fun times on that map Blue_Happy1
Tai
Deuced Up

Lincent wrote:
I'll look into it, but at the moment it's looking like classic gen is slaughtering Hallway. Even so, I'll save the file and (funds permitting) there might be a server hosting rotating maps (as mentioned by Pedroh earlier in the thread).
Shaz wrote:
Don't know why Hallway or Pinpoint is even on your list lol
Hallway and Pinpoint are the two best maps ever conceived (behind Goonassault) because they both have solid bases (so you can run them 24/7 without it turning into an apocalyptic wasteland). I prefer to play 24/7 with long reset times (ala the original Goonassault servers) because it encourages building and team work.

But hey, I like squads, so what do I know.
1Shot1Kill wrote:
I don't have any local Hallway/pinpoint 24/7s. The only one I see that consistently has people in it is the Polski server (though being a nighthawk that's probably my own fault). I can't really play there anymore though, since they relocated their servers to Poland.
bloodfox wrote:
Ahhhh. I love me some classicgen :)
Well that's good, because it looks like it's winning by a landslide.
Dzhoel wrote:
....but this isn't 2011, classicgen hasn't been popular for a long time and whenever servers are up (if ever) they're usually dead
Yeah that was my issue with it at first; Hallway is always popular no matter the time of day or year, but Classic Gen doesn't seem to do well with the younger demographic of players who seem to prefer the more cartoonish maps (Hallway, pinpoint, antic bridge, etc). Either way, there does seem to be a real demand, so I'll keep this up for a few more days and if Classic Gen stays ahead I'll start with that. We can always change to another map if the server ends up dead.
Teeth wrote:
It seems like classicgen is a favourite on your poll. I'd personally go with normandie though. I've had a lot of fun times on that map Blue_Happy1
Yeah Normandie is one of my favorites, especially if you play with people who don't level the entire map as a means of "strategy". I used to fortify myself in the church tower and pick off people from behind. That may be another map to consider for the rotation server. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if hardly anyone here had ever played it; it seems a lot of maps really haven't survived the migration from AoS to Build and Shoot.

Just out of curiosity, how many of those of you who voted are actually residing in North America?
Lostmotel
League Participant
League Participant

Tai
Deuced Up

Alright, well Normandie has gotten quite a boost, and I might be going with that because classic gen so frequently fails to garner players. I will try out CG, however, just as a trial. If it doesn't work out, we'll go for a Normandie 24/7 server.

Expect to see the server in the next week or two. Thanks to all who voted.
valkyriiking
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

I suggest a map shaped like male genitals I mean who wouldn't love that people are making them on the map anyway
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

Would you vote for corridor?
http://strawpoll.me/2453365
15 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”