>>> [Rev] The Revolution - Recruiting Again! <<<

General information, roster, rules, and recruitment for player-organized clans.
813 posts Page 10 of 55 First unread post
Wyvern
League Champs
League Champs

Jackplox wrote:
Wyvern,

I am sorry if you feel spite, but reasons and ratio of the results will not be released. If the individual who voted either yes, no or refrain, comes out and tells their opinion on the matter, fine, but at the moment we do not discuss these matters with anyone. If others like Xenon, Teeth, or Pedroh find it fitting to share their thoughts, so be it. We do not really care what others think.

Not everyone has time to play 2 matches back to back. Others have daily schedules they need to carry out before they continue with a video game. If you guys have done 4-5 matches in a single sitting, I applaud you. We do not have that kind of time, especially when we have just launched the clan but a week ago. We have things we need to do, etc. Timezones have to be also taken into account.

Thank you for your thoughts.
I was asking for a generalized reason, not individual thoughts. I can't understand why that wouldn't be released unless it involved spite toward Komrades, which I will assume it did unless you can assure me that it didn't.

Also, as some advice, merging a large amount of small clans with mostly active members makes having teams ready all the team easy. If you want to keep them alive just throw them together in teams and throw matches at them. You'll be down 20 members by the end of the month if you don't do anything interesting. So far you've got a topo smashing five of your members for an hour next week scheduled. What else?
Jackplox
Deuced Up

Wyvern wrote:
Spoiler:
Jackplox wrote:
Wyvern,

I am sorry if you feel spite, but reasons and ratio of the results will not be released. If the individual who voted either yes, no or refrain, comes out and tells their opinion on the matter, fine, but at the moment we do not discuss these matters with anyone. If others like Xenon, Teeth, or Pedroh find it fitting to share their thoughts, so be it. We do not really care what others think.

Not everyone has time to play 2 matches back to back. Others have daily schedules they need to carry out before they continue with a video game. If you guys have done 4-5 matches in a single sitting, I applaud you. We do not have that kind of time, especially when we have just launched the clan but a week ago. We have things we need to do, etc. Timezones have to be also taken into account.

Thank you for your thoughts.
I was asking for a generalized reason, not individual thoughts. I can't understand why that wouldn't be released unless it involved spite toward Komrades, which I will assume it did unless you can assure me that it didn't.

Also, as some advice, merging a large amount of small clans with mostly active members makes having teams ready all the team easy. If you want to keep them alive just throw them together in teams and throw matches at them. You'll be down 20 members by the end of the month if you don't do anything interesting. So far you've got a topo smashing five of your members for an hour next week scheduled. What else?
I'll give you a generalized thought. It's a clear, and straight up no. And I assure you, it has nothing to do with spite.

And I appreciate your words, however I'd prefer you try to limit your thoughts if you want us to negotiate another date.

Thank you for your time and thoughts.
Last edited by Jackplox on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wyvern
League Champs
League Champs

It's pretty pointless to pursue another free win.
And I think I'm done for now anyways, good luck continuing on in this cancerous community.
Jackplox
Deuced Up

Wyvern wrote:
It's pretty pointless to pursue another free win.
And I think I'm done for now anyways, good luck continuing on in this cancerous community.
Thank you for the good wishes. All the best to you, as well.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

This reminds me of the "council vote" that was held to ban me from #TheBastion ages ago, it of course wound up being fake.
Jackplox wrote:

And I appreciate your words, however I'd prefer you try to limit your thoughts if you want us to negotiate another date.
Cute.
Mr.Torch wrote:
EDIT: Also, just because a decision is No or Yes doesn't mean a lot of people voted for that. If everyone refrains from a vote on the council except for one person we will go with that vote. We have not had that happen yet, but it can happen. Majority rules, but minority is heard.
Yeah, that doesn't sound exploitable at all. The whole idea of opting out on a vote is ridiculous too, unless you're recusing yourself due to spite, and if that's the case, you probably shouldn't be in a position of leadership to begin with.

On that, I can't really see any reasons past spite to reject the Komrades, they're one of the few competent clans left and they're offering their own hosting. I'd suggest fear of losing, but then accepting LINESPQR's match would make no sense.

Either way, this pretty much seals the deal for me on this experiment. I figured it'd either work out surprisingly well or crash and burn like most of the clans this one came from, and in between the cheesy bureaucratic responses and ridiculous policies, the answer's pretty clear.

tl;dr kommies got some kids btfo again, nothing new, back to your regular programming
Jackplox
Deuced Up

Either way, a decision is a decision. Nothing is retracting the votes. I'm sorry if you felt hard done by it,but that's just the way it is.

And I don't understand why you would try to fight our decision. I'm sorry we rejected it, but that's our decision to make, not your's or anyone else's.

Thank you for the cooperation, and comments.
Jackplox
Deuced Up

xCross wrote:
What I'd like to understand is. Why decline a match? Even if it is fear of losing or something else, losing wont do shit neither will win, it's all for fun actually, i'd understand if there was a prize for it, but there isn't, so why decline it?
Well I speak for myself when I say this.

I thought that the clan had to better prepare for events. At the time, we needed to sort everything else out before deciding on clan matches and events and the such.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

Yeah, I don't feel like quoting all these comments, so I'll just do a general response. This was not done out of spite. When the votes went up no one was like "Oh no, it's the Komrades I hate them" or "No, we will lose". Frankly we don't care about losing or winning this is just a game and we play for fun. Sure there is some competitiveness, but if you care about bragging rights on a free voxel game you have bigger issues to worry about. I personally didn't care either way (no matter my vote) if we matched the Komrades. They are a great clan in their own respects. However, just because they are a good clan doesn't mean we need to match them. Either way, a decision was made and it was legit. Just because you don't have proof doesn't mean it's not true. Our administration is quite good, but all comments are taken into consideration no matter what the intention was when said. I bid you all a good day and hope you will learn to embrace decisions and not fight them, because we can't change past decisions. We can only look to the future.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

Jackplox wrote:
Well I speak for myself when I say this.

I thought that the clan had to better prepare for events. At the time, we needed to sort everything else out before deciding on clan matches and events and the such.
And yet you all accepted another match?
Jackplox wrote:
Either way, a decision is a decision. Nothing is retracting the votes. I'm sorry if you felt hard done by it,but that's just the way it is.

And I don't understand why you would try to fight our decision. I'm sorry we rejected it, but that's our decision to make, not your's or anyone else's.

Thank you for the cooperation, and comments.
Yeah, nobody's trying to say you had no right to turn them down, just that you probably had a real weak reason. Also that PR talk is getting real stale, talk like a human being for god's sake.
Mr.Torch wrote:
Either way, a decision was made and it was legit. Just because you don't have proof doesn't mean it's not true. Our administration is quite good, but all comments are taken into consideration no matter what the intention was when said. I bid you all a good day and hope you will learn to embrace decisions and not fight them, because we can't change past decisions. We can only look to the future.
Again, right and reason are two completely different things. Also that last bit is so ridiculous, you're definitely capable of changing your mind on things.
MushieWarden
Artist
Artist

Why not just have a match with the Kommies some other time?
Jackplox
Deuced Up

ReubenMcHawk wrote:
And yet you all accepted another match?
Are you forgetting its a vote, and I do not have supreme rule...? Please read the whole message before writing something like this based off assumptions.

Please don't try to encourage drama. And I'm sorry if you don't like formality, I just want to keep proper manners and such..
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

Proper manners only go for so long before it comes off as condescension. Personally I can tell you're not trying to come off that way, but others might.
Jackplox
Deuced Up

ReubenMcHawk wrote:
Proper manners only go for so long before it comes off as condescension. Personally I can tell you're not trying to come off that way, but others might.
Thanks for telling me, I'll try to be more casual.
Atreyu
News Team
News Team

Here let me simplify this:

Komrades are notorious for many things, including their indignation/distaste for almost everyone, including groups of people gathered in clans like this one. The less contact between us, the less friction, the better.

In other words, we will match the Komrades if and when enough people want to. Matches are for fun, but playing against people who might make you feel intimidated, scorned, or talked down to is quite the opposite.

We accepted LINESPQR because they are a fun, creative clan that we would do well to socialize with and get to know. I can't say the same for Komrades.

I don't see the point in bickering over this decision.
[DELTA]Jon
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

I think we can end this conversation about komrades being not actually comrades and get back to the clan conversation. Jackplox has no need to change his manner of typing as it is professional and how a clan leader should act. If people can't even take others speaking in a professional manner than good luck finding a Yolo swag boss cause most will act "condescending". Jackplox and rev keep up the good work and don't change cause the match chat could have just happened on irc or pm. Don't change as this "community" called buildandshoot needs clans that act more professionally.
813 posts Page 10 of 55 First unread post
Return to “Clans”