Aimbotters

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
16 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Sample
Deuced Up

So, at the moment is so that when you banish a player, he can go back to the server after changing ip address.
Is there a possibility that in a later version of PySnip, bans were given on something like a "client unique computer number"?

So even when the player changes the ip address, it will not do anything, because it will be banned in the number of the computer.

During my absence on the server is a lot of cheaters.
I have to ban the same players several times, this is annoying.

Sorry for my English, greets Blue_Pistol Green_Crying
strawhatpirate
Modder
Modder

They're working on a registration system the rumors say...
Anyhoe, it's hard to do anything more than an IP ban, you can do an IP-range ban, but that have a tendency to take down other players too.
kikk{SARs}
Deuce

Doesn't matter, game is dead. Even some of the better players have resorted to aimbots as of late. Only a few servers have admins anymore. You can basically kill one person anymore and have a .0001 ratio and get accused of being a cheater. Sad.
Nikhao
League Champs
League Champs

kikk{SARs} wrote:
Doesn't matter, game is dead. Even some of the better players have resorted to aimbots as of late. Only a few servers have admins anymore. You can basically kill one person anymore and have a .0001 ratio and get accused of being a cheater. Sad.
Are you retarded?
$Eddy$
News Team
News Team

Nikhao wrote:
kikk{SARs} wrote:
Are you retarded?
Afrodude
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

$Eddy$ wrote:
Nikhao wrote:
kikk{SARs} wrote:
Are you retarded?
QuantumWraith
Deuce

Afrodude wrote:
Eddy wrote:
Nikhao wrote:
kikk{SARs} wrote:
Are you retarded?
CommieBuffalo
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

We get it, you guys think he has mental retardation.

But @topic, yeah, I guess the auth system could fix that, but I don't really know. I haven't been following the news around here.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

QuantumWraith wrote:
Afrodude wrote:
Eddy wrote:
Nikhao wrote:
kikk{SARs} wrote:
Are you retarded?
A good example of an average thread that takes place in Build & Shoot, everybody quotespamming each other.
I don't really understand how an auth system could be implemented, wouldn't that mean modifying the client itself? That wouldn't be possible since AoS is closed-soruce.
DetectDefective
Deuced Up

1Shot1Kill wrote:
I don't really understand how an auth system could be implemented, wouldn't that mean modifying the client itself? That wouldn't be possible since AoS is closed-soruce.
I honestly thought this'd be something that was added to OpenSpades in the far-off future.

Also, screw the quote pyramids, don't even bother quoting them.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

DetectDefective wrote:
1Shot1Kill wrote:
I honestly thought this'd be something that was added to OpenSpades in the far-off future.

If that would only be for OpenSpades, that would be pretty useless since OpenSpades has no cheat software available for it AFAIK.

All of the cheats are only for the standard voxlap client, so if this is the case then an auth system is useless.
learn_more
Coder
Coder

1Shot1Kill wrote:
DetectDefective wrote:
1Shot1Kill wrote:

If that would only be for OpenSpades, that would be pretty useless since OpenSpades has no cheat software available for it AFAIK.

All of the cheats are only for the standard voxlap client, so if this is the case then an auth system is useless.
that you haven't downloaded doesnt mean it doesnt exist.
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

We can do authing without modifying voxlap.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

learn_more wrote:
1Shot1Kill wrote:
DetectDefective wrote:
1Shot1Kill wrote:

that you haven't downloaded doesnt mean it doesnt exist.
Notice the "AFAIK" part.

Also, a quick Google search doesn't show anything about a working cheat for OpenSpades.
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

1Shot1Kill wrote:
Also, a quick Google search doesn't show anything about a working cheat for OpenSpades.
not all cheats are released to the public :-)

anyway on topic
adding a way for the server to grab a unique client machine id and actually getting everyone to adopt it isn't going to happen, so waiting for authing via bns is really the best option atm... shame it's taking so long
16 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”