Build and Shoot Badges

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
175 posts Page 1 of 12 First unread post
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

We have a lot of talented individuals who have made outstanding contributions to our community over the years. Some type of recognition would be nice. The forum software we use allows us to give user groups an image to display under their avatar. That is where the badges would go.

The current list of badges, ones listed in italics may or may not make the cut:
  • artist anyone that has ever made artwork we used for the site. People that make wallpapers, propaganda, ect.
    mapper They make beautiful maps
    modder The kv6 and scope making guys
    scripter pyspades scripters
    organizer clan leaders, people that plan events on regular basis.

dreamer full of good ideas

Any other suggestions would be appreciated
We may include automagic badges based on time logged onto the site. It wouldnt be based on post count but actual hours on the site.

How do you earn a badge?

If you have made outstanding contributions in one of the areas listed above, you will get the badge. I know that is somewhat vague but feel free to make suggestions on how to determine an outstanding contribution.

Also if you know of anybody you would like to nominate for one of the badges listed above, please do so.

OH and we need artwork for the badges
Sonarpulse
Coder
Coder

Sounds good, but I like post count better than time as posting seems like more of a contribution than just silently reading everything. Also people leave their browsers open.
CobaltAK
League Participant
League Participant

I nominate Paratrooper.

As a modder, he's given us some extremely high-quality mods. He seems to spend LOTS of time into each mod so that they're all picture-perfect (ever seen his iron sights? Once you go use Paratrooper's sights, you can never go back to other peoples' sights :D).

Also, cuz Pawatwoopa.
Venator
League Participant
League Participant

Please give Simox 2 fucking truckloads of modderbadges for his awesome mods.
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

influx/jojoe as mapper.
White Hot
Deuced Up

ki11awi11 for mapper.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

I think the requirements should be kind of hard, I myself have lead a clan and have had alot of ideas for the forums which I preach about on the mumble. I also messed with modding and map making for a bit. I am not saying I deserve one and think its quit the opposite but that only the best such as Tin,MKU,Smix and killawilla should be given the awards.
MKU
Artist
Artist

I nominate MKU for artist because he would probably be making the badges. :P
Bigcheecho
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

I made colors for the ranks:

Artist
Mapper
Modder
Scripter
Organizer
Dreamer
Revolet
Deuced Up

I would like to take the rank of the artist.

But I haven't contributed at all.
Sponge
Deuced Up

Influx for mapper and scripter.

I feel like Server Hoster should be in the mix somewhere, but not sure about that one. Or maybe some badge for having the highest post count.
IceCream
Hoster
Hoster

Influx for Mapper and Scripter too. He made this awesome Last Stand Mode, that i love to play.

And his Maps are wonderfull, especially the Last Stand Maps and Alpine.

IceCraft
rakiru
Coder
Coder

Sonarpulse wrote:
Sounds good, but I like post count better than time as posting seems like more of a contribution than just silently reading everything. Also people leave their browsers open.
I have a few BnS tabs open most of the time.
A rating system added to posts would be nice, either that lets people "like" posts, or that lets them +/- it. This would probably be a better measure than post count, as that can lead to post-whoring.

Also, you obviously need a "Most Awesome Person" badge for me.
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

Any chance of a "hekr" badge for ripping the shit out of client.exe, or is that just going to encourage all the wrong things?
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

May I suggest a coder badge? This is for people who have created software or ported software for Ace of Spades.

Such as GreaseMonkey and Stack. (Stack definitely deserves a cookie for PySnip and the new master server)

Also for scripting DEFINITELY Hompy.

For Mapping izzy.

For Modding Simox.

For Artist definitely Souleris (I still have some of his backgrounds)

And for dreamer... Hindos but he isn't really around much anymore.
175 posts Page 1 of 12 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”