Is there a pysnip script that detects OpenSpades Clients?

OpenSpades is an open source alternative client for AoS Classic and beyond! Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Created by yvt.
Compatible with AoS Classic.
11 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
a girl
Scripter
Scripter

The title says it all... I'm looking to implement a reward script on my server to help spread the use of openspades... but I need a simple method of differentiating an OS client from a .75 crappy AOS client. I've heard that it has been done, but I've not had luck tracking down any information on the subject... this will also be needed when we eventually get to OS only servers.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

I don't think one has been made yet
learn_more
Coder
Coder

as usual jdrew is talking out of his ass about stuff he doesnt know the first thing about.

this is indeed possible and has been made months ago.

this is the initial commit that adds support, there were some fixes later on but itll give you a pretty decent idea how to use it i think ;)

https://github.com/yvt/openspades/commi ... 2ed9b29993
a girl
Scripter
Scripter

So this may sound completely noobish and unintelligent, but if I understand correctly, I have to send a packet (i can use send_contained ???) with a single byte containing value 33, then add a section in server.py that catches and deals with any packets with id 34, then read the rest of that data into a string. I may want to implement a custom hook such as on_version_update(version). I'm assuming that only OS clients will respond to packets with id of 33?

First time dealing with packets lol
noway
Deuced Up

Something like this then: http://pastebin.com/22EWyayS
a girl
Scripter
Scripter

So how long before we can start pushing custom game files to the client? :D I wouldn't mind being able to set the sky background or custom water effects or sound files or custom weapons... I'm still trying to get used to having the sun in the 3:00 PM position when my daycycle script says it's night time lol
learn_more
Coder
Coder

a girl wrote:
So how long before we can start pushing custom game files to the client? :D I wouldn't mind being able to set the sky background or custom water effects or sound files or custom weapons... I'm still trying to get used to having the sun in the 3:00 PM position when my daycycle script says it's night time lol
until someone makes it :)
a girl
Scripter
Scripter

I'd volunteer, but I don't think you code masters would like my shoddy c++ coding.
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder

noway wrote:
So what version of pysnip do we want to fork for OpenSpades. I was talking to topo and he suggested 0.76 because of the map transfer to the client, we could leverage that to create a more robust file transfer system for scripts and assets. We had a master server set up for Power Thirst by greasemonkey. We can activate it and use it as the OpenSpades only master server instead. I dont remember the port, ill have to ask stack.

The most basic fork for an OpenSpades only server would be updating server.py to point to the appropriate master server port. And including noway's script to detect OpenSpades or some variant of it.
danhezee

noway wrote:
[aos]aos://2686459584[/aos]

Test server I have up. It should tell if you are using OpenSpades or not. It connects to a master server too. But it isnt listed in the server list yet.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

What we need is a server for 0.54
11 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades Discussion”