[request] Dodgeball-ish gamemode (needs a name)

Host your own server and communicate with server operators.
26 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

I was playing Ace of spades earlier when I came up with an idea for a gamemode.
Basically, we play this every now and then in our physical education class at my school, it's really fun and it's very easily translated to ace of spades.

It's basically a variation of dodgeball, but there is no teams. A bunch of players are randomly dropped into a map. It's FFA, but if someone killed you, you're teleported into some sort of spectator room, and you won't be able to play again until whoever killed you is shot dead. Which means that you will then be teleported back to the action. For someone to win, he has to kill everyone. These matches usually takes a lot of time to finish.

Also, if someone manages to get a nice killstreak of, say, 6 players, and he dies, all those 6 players will respawn again. Imagine two pro players killing absolutely everyone, and then they'll have to duel again. Whoever wins that duel, will now have to kill everyone that respawns again.

Also, giving someone who gets maybe 3 kills in a row a health replenish might be a good idea.
Either that or regenerating health.

Blue_Pistol Name suggestions: Green_Pistol2
Dungeon - phoenixlight
The cube - phoenixlight
Surviver - jdrew
The last one - Stopsignal

[please suggest more names!]

------------------------------

Also, whoever codes this, if any.
Thank you! and you can choose whatever name you want, of course.
Last edited by TB_ on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
Dakeku
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Seems like a good idea to me. Will be hoping to play that game mode in the future.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

surviver?
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

Sounds like a good name!
Did you mean survivor btw? Surviver didn't really get a lot of hits on google, so it doesn't seem like a legit word.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

TBS wrote:
Sounds like a good name!
Did you mean survivor btw? Surviver didn't really get a lot of hits on google, so it doesn't seem like a legit word.
yea sorry, Basicly in school the surviver would heal the kids that got hit with a dodgeball. It was a fun game, I am sure your idea would work fine in AoS.
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

I actually googled "surviver dodgeball" and it seems to be exactly what we played in physical education. I guess I forgot to write my inspiration for this gamemode. Anyway, thanks for telling me about it, as I had some trouble finding the english name for it. (I'm from norway).

Here is a video I found while googling it.

danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball
[email protected]@nk
Deuced Up

danhezee wrote:
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball
... ball me blazer!
UnrealIncident
Coder
Coder

I actually like the idea. I'm going to start working on it. But one thing I thought of was team changers. Maybe a 2 minute respawn or something?
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

Wow, thanks a lot if you actually make this!
And I'm not really sure what you mean, team changers? There is a FFA script where everyone is on the same team and they can kill each other. which is what I was thinking of here as well.
UnrealIncident
Coder
Coder

TBS wrote:
Wow, thanks a lot if you actually make this!
And I'm not really sure what you mean, team changers? There is a FFA script where everyone is on the same team and they can kill each other. which is what I was thinking of here as well.
Ahh. I thought it was going to be tdm. I'll finish up the tdm version then start work on the ffa version.
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

Interesting, be sure to tell me when you're done. I might know a server who can host it.
UnrealIncident
Coder
Coder

TBS wrote:
Interesting, be sure to tell me when you're done. I might know a server who can host it.
I can host it. I've got 3 server that aren't really in use. I get the odd person on them but not like I used to.
Staceveoffife

Very useful piece
sax
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

UnrealIncident wrote:
TBS wrote:
I can host it. I've got 3 server that aren't really in use. I get the odd person on them but not like I used to.
rip RoT servers
26 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Servers”