Why everyone's upset

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
48 posts Page 1 of 4 First unread post
tra2
Deuced Up

Let's face it. OpenSpades is shit. Iceball is shit. 0.x after Ben left is shit.

Does no-one remember the good days? The only beautiful, unique, playable thing we have that's worth anything at all is pre-0.6. Happiness lies in pre-0.6.

Our happiness lies in going back, as a community, to a decent, simple, Voxlap-based version of AoS.

-- THE_REAL_ATHEIST
scrawl
Veterans
Veterans

tra2 wrote:
Let's face it. OpenSpades is shit.
No...
tra2 wrote:

Does no-one remember the good days? The only beautiful, unique, playable thing we have that's worth anything at all is pre-0.6. Happiness lies in pre-0.6.

Our happiness lies in going back, as a community, to a decent, simple, Voxlap-based version of AoS.
But this would be nice. :)
EldredChandler
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

I still miss drunk-cam
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

tra2 wrote:
OpenSpades is shit.
No. Just no. It's one of the best things to happen in BnS's history.
tra2 wrote:

Rather than going back, go forward with 0.76. It is more balanced (fixes rifle accuracy, SMG is no longer the weapon of God), makes text look better with its shadows, and places the health indicator in a better place. There's a minimap too so you don't have to press 'M' all the time.
Ballistic
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

1Shot1Kill wrote:
Rather than going back, go forward with 0.76. It is more balanced (fixes rifle accuracy, SMG is no longer the weapon of God), makes text look better with its shadows, and places the health indicator in a better place. There's a minimap too so you don't have to press 'M' all the time.
Were you even there during the pre .60 times? SMG wasn't a "weapon of god" back then, it just plain sucked, and the rifle accuracy was better than in .75
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

Ballistic wrote:
1Shot1Kill wrote:
Were you even there during the pre .60 times? SMG wasn't a "weapon of god" back then, it just plain sucked, and the rifle accuracy was better than in .75
I was comparing it to 0.75.
tra2
Deuced Up

1Shot1Kill wrote:
I was comparing it to 0.75.
That's the problem.

And I'm sorry but OpenSpades is awful. It achieves with OpenGL, burning my GPU at 100°C, what Ken achieved on MS-DOS.
TheGreatestDest
Deuced Up

I think OS is just BnS' attempt at making the Jagex game .75 style...

That being said, how can you possibly make a game like THIS with such high system requirements? Even Minecraft runs faster on my system, and that shit runs on a Java engine.
Demo123
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

TheGreatestDest wrote:

That being said, how can you possibly make a game like THIS with such high system requirements? Even Minecraft runs faster on my system, and that shit runs on a Java engine.
Use the Software renderer mode. It makes OS run on weaker PCs like mine for example.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

TheGreatestDest wrote:
It's literally the same exact game though...
TheGreatestDest
Deuced Up

ReubenMcHawk wrote:
TheGreatestDest wrote:
Except without the silly classes.
Arkger
League Participant
League Participant

TheGreatestDest wrote:
ReubenMcHawk wrote:
TheGreatestDest wrote:
You're kidding right?
Captain_Pi
Artist
Artist

Happiness lies in killing each other with old school rifles, just as it always has.

Also pre-0.6 was indeed good.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

TheGreatestDest wrote:
It's the same game with better graphics, and animations.
TheGreatestDest wrote:
Because Openspades has all kinds of graphical effects, such as good shading & lighting, ambient occlusion, bloom, depth of field, motion blur, lens flare, anti-analising etc. Most of these effects aren't in Minecraft.
TheGreatestDest
Deuced Up

1Shot1Kill wrote:
TheGreatestDest wrote:
Because Openspades has all kinds of graphical effects, such as good shading & lighting, ambient occlusion, bloom, depth of field, motion blur, lens flare, anti-analising etc. Most of these effects aren't in Minecraft.
Actually, some of those are in Minecraft IIRC.

I just tried to run OS with everything on low settings just a few minutes ago, and I could only get 9fps max. Great sign.
Demo123 wrote:
Use the Software renderer mode. It makes OS run on weaker PCs like mine for example.
Call me an idiot for asking this, but how do you get into that mode?
Arkger wrote:
TheGreatestDest wrote:
ReubenMcHawk wrote:

You're kidding right?
Does OS run on the TF2-style class system too?
...Well, this is a derp moment from me.
48 posts Page 1 of 4 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”