48 posts Page 2 of 4 First unread post
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

ye
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

yeah sorry about that. Recently I haven't even touched voxelshop because I've been learning C# and I've been having my finals for this semester. It's fucking stressful. I'll get to modding eventually. And please do stress the "eventually".
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

C#? Cool stuff dude!
So you are in a University..?
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Yeah, haven't been doing much of it so far. Unfortunately, like I stated above, I'm very, very, very busy. And I spend most of my time doing parkour, and there's no where near enough time to mod or learn C#. Trying my best though :)

EDIT: No, I'm going through highschool but I have to deal with finals and diplomas.

EDIT EDIT: I'll be making some mods this upcoming week because I'm taking a week break before I start my second semester. (Feb 2nd)

bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Ok, so, I'm working on a P90 (It'll have an additional silencer with a silencer sound, and 3 camo varients.) But idk about you guys but it's as frustrating as fuck. My model currently is odd and I'm reaaaaaally unhappy with the rail sight and the trigger/trigger guard. Here's a picture, please oh please give me proper advice to get rid of that horrendous trigger and rail sight.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

It is really odd.

I made some tutorials with pictures, they might help you...
Making realistic models:
OpenSpades realistic scale .odt - 2016.01.14
OpenSpades realistic scale .pdf - 2016.01.14

But first of all I would suggest doubling the detail, unless this is third person model.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Icarus, I use voxelshop.

@Cham, Ik. xD
wait doubling the model even though this is an AoS mod? wouldn't that be a tad odd looking?
I looked at those documents you sent me. Helpful, but, remember, I'm doing AoS modding, not OS.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Oh.
Well then, I hope I will be able to make OS approach AoS style (and performane), grab a bunch of drunk-cam-AoS-bounded-cube-oldfags and liftoff into space or just new protocol, whatever.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

yeah I really see a lot of potential in ChOs, especially with the focus on SW and adding key features like freeaim and drunkcam. Currently though, I just want a Openspades with just improvements on SW, like what donald trump said. (still, fuck that guy.) That's why I've been taking up C# (but also because I'm making ANOTHER game that I'm still doing rough concepts about.)
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Calling it ChOS is bullshit, since there have been so many people who contributed to original OS.
I just simply do what I've been dreaming of for some years.
And to be honest, I am afraid to make changes to renderers. It might prove to be a failure, in turn I would spend less time adding features to OS and so on. So I'm adding some little stuff here and there right now, seeing how to balance it etc.

Then do SW faster and a bit more pretty (not eyecandy, but basic shadows).
Then sort out netcode.
Then new protocol.

So I'm adding in some stuff right now, so people know what to expect from me and I won't have to release new protocol every time I add something that makes playing a bit more skillful.

So, what game are you coding?
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

well I prefer calling it ChOs over doing "Openspades [date here] every single fucking time I have to type it.

Currently, I'm working on my own game, but, again, it's still in the rough sketches. I mean by "rough sketches" is that A, I still am a newb at coding (so far), and I'm only working on the sprites, researching on how I'll make the story by getting some background about mayans. I was originally gonna use Stencyl for the engine but I found that Stencyl is under developed and quite shitty. Unity 2D is a possible idea, and I'm interested in it so far, yet I don't know if I just want to start from scratch or use an engine at all.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Oh.
Generally, if your aim is to make a game, you use an existing engine.
If you want to learn stuff, you do your own engine...

I happen to not like unity too much. Most games on Unity that I've played were good looking but laggy af.
That's my subjective opinion (and an old computer).
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

ah, well I don't have all the time in the world, so I'll use Unity. I'm sure there are actual ways though to reduce GPU usage and to make the game run smoothly. I recall certain games running beautiful on a shitty computer like the one I'm currently using to type this. (Blockfield isn't one of them. Sorry, Revenant.)
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Blockfield is looking so damn similar to Unturned.
I can't say it's bad someone else is making a similar game, they'll definitely have their own ideas.
But almost copy-pasting another game isn't very good.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

I was actually thinking it to be a lot more like Block N Load cause of the similar styles of oddly shaped "blocks". It got boring to me almost immediately.
48 posts Page 2 of 4 First unread post
Return to “Weapons”