Iceball Project

Iceball is a moddable, open source, cross-platform engine and game inspired by AoS Classic. Created by GreaseMonkey.
Incompatible with PySnip/pyspades-based AoS Classic 0.75/0.76 servers.
1410 posts Page 71 of 94 First unread post
Space Inspader
Deuced Up

Rather than crawling he looks like he's relaxing.
StopSignal
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Im here to see if you want an spanish translation.

Also, i make some cool drawings and things, i can make some art for you, covers and that things! If you want to see how i could draw, just pm me or respond me here.
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

StopSignal wrote:
Im here to see if you want an spanish translation.
At the moment we have a Czech translation which isn't actually used yet. Feel free to make a Spanish translation following the same format (pkg/base/lang_*.lua, in this case it'd be lang_es.lua), and if you really want to you can even work on getting the translations actually, y'know, used by the game itself.
StopSignal wrote:
Also, i make some cool drawings and things, i can make some art for you, covers and that things! If you want to see how i could draw, just pm me or respond me here.
Feel free to give suggestions with regards to getting pmfedit to, y'know, not be a smouldering pile of shit. We need better player models. If you would like to make your own models, download a .zip snapshot of the github repository, copy the pkg/ folder into your iceballfornoobs folder, and I *think* you can double-click on pmfedit.bat or something (it should save to clsave/vol/, if that folder does not exist, CREATE IT or it will choke).
StopSignal

Ok! I only need to know if the modes have limits like the AoS ones (6x6x6)
Spoiler:
Also, hate me, but i have a weapon ideas

BOMB: One that will paste to a block and explode really big, does not makes a lot of block damage but has a kill ratio as a grenade. MAybe it would be player-activated, or just timebomb.

STEPPING MINE: it will have the colour of the block that you put it on, it size would be 1 block and it would change it colour if you are too close... Depending of how close you are, the mine'block colour will slowly change to red. If you step on it, it will explode instantly as a grenade. It also does not makes too much block damage.

I suggested this weapons because they let you make good tactics and traps, and the game would be more strategical.

The thing is how to implement them, maybe to letting you select if you want grenade, mine or bomb.
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

StopSignal wrote:
Ok! I only need to know if the modes have limits like the AoS ones (6x6x6)
There are two types of limits.
One is the 65536x65536x65536 16-bit accuracy limit, and a maximum point size of 65535 - note that a block is typically 256x256x256 (IIRC) but if your player model ends up too small/big, we can rescale it in the code.
The other is the 4096-points-per-bone limit, and the 256-bones-per-model limit. The player model as it stands has 4 "bones": head, body, leg, arm. Having separate left/right legs/arms is OK as long as you can be bothered making them separate.
StopSignal wrote:
Also, hate me, but i have a weapon ideas

*SNOP*

I suggested this weapons because they let you make good tactics and traps, and the game would be more strategical.
These are actually pretty cool. I have considered allowing one to change their secondary, it's just that the framework needs a bit of work (need to actually use the ent/tool_*.lua things, grr, need an API that ACTUALLY WORKS GRR might just use the same API as the guns). Another secondary I was thinking of was some sort of block spray you could use to quick-fill gaps.

I do suspect these are ideas from 1.0, but then again, I suspect at least one of them was requested and also something Ben mentioned he wanted WELL before...
StopSignal wrote:
BOMB: One that will paste to a block and explode really big, does not makes a lot of block damage but has a kill ratio as a grenade. MAybe it would be player-activated, or just timebomb.
Could be interesting having different types of bombs, though personally I'd steer clear of implementing these things.
StopSignal wrote:
STEPPING MINE: it will have the colour of the block that you put it on, it size would be 1 block and it would change it colour if you are too close... Depending of how close you are, the mine'block colour will slowly change to red. If you step on it, it will explode instantly as a grenade. It also does not makes too much block damage.
...these aren't as bad as those things. Shouldn't be hard to implement, I'm hoping it won't thrash the VBOs in the GL renderer (it won't stress the software renderer at all). Personally I think these should disappear after some time to prevent people spamming them everywhere... say, 5 or 10 minutes?
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

Stepping mines is a pretty good idea imo.
AoS really lacks gameplay mechanics that could make the game interesting. I mean, look at minecraft. All those things you can do because of redstone, pistons and things like that.

I'm not saying that we should implement redstone or something into ace of spades. But we need something the players can toy around with.

For example, if falling blocks hurt you, that would be a new gameplay mechanic. As people would be able to make traps where they could have blocks fall upon players who tries to cap the intel. "Bombs" that could activate with a trigger, could also be interesting. As long as these things fit the WW1 theme of the game, then I would more than happily see these things implemented.

Theres probably a better word for it than bomb, but I don't know a lot about weapons and such.
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

So lets say stepping mines are implemented, there should be a way to deactivate them. Like whacking them with your spade.
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

HoboHob wrote:
So lets say stepping mines are implemented, there should be a way to deactivate them. Like whacking them with your spade.
I'd say the right click use would be more appropriate. As in, you're digging it up. Not hiting it with a spade. I would never hit a mine with a spade.
a girl
Scripter
Scripter

Yes, I did it again... and without rapid or god or drag building... :/

Gunslinger
Deuced Up

TBS wrote:
HoboHob wrote:
I'd say the right click use would be more appropriate. As in, you're digging it up. Not hiting it with a spade. I would never hit a mine with a spade.
Obviously, my YOLO level is higher than yours.

On a serious note, depending on how many mines you'd be able to carry, dropping one (could) change your "mine" slot to a detonator, which could let you self-detonate (or disarm, in this instance) the bomb (in addition to blowing up if someone walked over it).
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

TBS wrote:
HoboHob wrote:
You lack #swag.
ThisFrickinSite
Deuced Up

HoboHob wrote:
TBS wrote:
HoboHob wrote:
You lack #swag.
To be fair, Iceball needs more #swag
BR_
Coder
Coder

Vucgy wrote:
I want play Iceball till the Sensitivity thing doesnt gets fixed ( when you aim down/up) And till it doesnt get at least 1 new weapon...
jdrew wrote:
The new weapon should be a sniper rifle. Not as much as its OP but just to where it has better scopes and zoom then the normal rifle which we could just call rifle.
We've had a sniper rifle for a while (added two months ago and buffed 4 days ago), hit . to change weapons. I have an unreleased SMG, I'm waiting until Grease gets back to check his opinions before I publish it.
ZaniTeaDrinker
Deuced Up

Well Iceball is looking really good so far.I will start playing it soon.
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

Well, not really many people on, so unless you're going to jump around and build stuff, you should wait until there's an event of some sort.
1410 posts Page 71 of 94 First unread post
Return to “Iceball”