Why we need to move to a client we can control

Iceball is a moddable, open source, cross-platform engine and game inspired by AoS Classic. Created by GreaseMonkey.
Incompatible with PySnip/pyspades-based AoS Classic 0.75/0.76 servers.
32 posts Page 3 of 3 First unread post
Jordach
Deuced Up

rakiru wrote:
Vucgy wrote:
leave the scripting for the ones who want to make ww2 modern combat game or whatever.
We are - the devs are the ones that want it like it is. Anyway, this is irrelevant to the topic, which is about an opensource client for Ace of Spades 0.x.
https://github.com/Jordach/BuildAndShoot help me with this: PySnip CLIENT that WORKS.
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

Jordach wrote:
rakiru wrote:
Vucgy wrote:
leave the scripting for the ones who want to make ww2 modern combat game or whatever.
We are - the devs are the ones that want it like it is. Anyway, this is irrelevant to the topic, which is about an opensource client for Ace of Spades 0.x.
https://github.com/Jordach/BuildAndShoot help me with this: PySnip CLIENT that WE HOPE WORKS AT SOME STAGE BUT AT THE MOMENT DOESN'T ACTUALLY EXIST.
Fixed That For You.

Seriously, don't announce stuff until you actually have something to show. SonarPulse's voxlap port is much closer to being an AoS client than this stub - you should probably build on top of that.
You just reduced the chances of getting anywhere in this project to about 0.1%.

For comparison, I started work on Iceball on I think the 1st of November. The thread is dated the 11th of November, which by then already had clientside Lua code. I THINK it had collision at that point, however crap it was - I don't recall if it had gravity. There were no .pmf models, either, and I don't think it could even LOAD the damn things back then.

Come back when you actually have a screenshot.
32 posts Page 3 of 3 First unread post
Return to “Iceball”