What do you want Iceball to become?

Iceball is a moddable, open source, cross-platform engine and game inspired by AoS Classic. Created by GreaseMonkey.
Incompatible with PySnip/pyspades-based AoS Classic 0.75/0.76 servers.
68 posts Page 1 of 5 First unread post
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

This is a good idea so the creators can hear what we think of where Iceball should go.
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

You might wanna know, this is a good idea, but the "official" place is still, I believe, the subreddit.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

hm. kay.
Semper
Deuced Up

A game that finishes off where .75 left off with more features and better updates.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

Semper wrote:
A game that finishes off where .75 left off with more features and better updates.
That... and this.

Custom weapon making. (: Stats that have to be balanced so no weapon can be too op. Let's say you have 10 points. You can put 5 points into accuracy and damage, but then your ROF will be 1 shot every 8 seconds. Or you can put all your points in ROF and damage, but your accuracy will be horrible. You can also put points into shot count or poison or other effects.

(Lots of addable properties: Homing, Burst on impact, Ricochet, Explosive, Poison, Invisible, Laser (can shoot through one block), etc.. etc..) To keep it balanced you can do the point system like I listed above.

Just an idea. (:
LeCom

Mr.Torch wrote:
Semper wrote:
That... and this.

Custom weapon making. (: Stats that have to be balanced so no weapon can be too op. Let's say you have 10 points. You can put 5 points into accuracy and damage, but then your ROF will be 1 shot every 8 seconds. Or you can put all your points in ROF and damage, but your accuracy will be horrible. You can also put points into shot count or poison or other effects.

(Lots of addable properties: Homing, Burst on impact, Ricochet, Explosive, Poison, Invisible, Laser (can shoot through one block), etc.. etc..) To keep it balanced you can do the point system like I listed above.

Just an idea. (:
Sorry, but I'm afraid that a mix of GunCraft and BnL is a too shitty idea for the devs to give a fuck.
Also, they are likely to have other things to do than working out a game concept (even though imho that's more essential than anything else once there's some stable game code running). If you want something to be added, you can implement it yourself - at least that's how they think.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

LeCom wrote:
Mr.Torch wrote:
Semper wrote:
That... and this.

Just an idea. (:
Sorry, but I'm afraid that a mix of GunCraft and BnL is a too shitty idea for the devs to give a fuck.
Also, they are likely to have other things to do than working out a game concept (even though imho that's more essential than anything else once there's some stable game code running). If you want something to be added, you can implement it yourself - at least that's how they think.
It's not supposed to be like GunCraft or BnL. I merely want a way to edit gun stats and properties on a server. (Easily)
LeCom

There was some AoS fake where you can create custom guns, and AFAIK it was GunCraft. Anyways, there's a chance that so many guns will be added that there's a gun for almost every stat combination. Chaging purely the look of gun parts is considerable, but the devs probably won't add it.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

LeCom wrote:
There was some AoS fake where you can create custom guns, and AFAIK it was GunCraft. Anyways, there's a chance that so many guns will be added that there's a gun for almost every stat combination. Chaging purely the look of gun parts is considerable, but the devs probably won't add it.
I don't want to change the look of the gun. I wanted to change the stats which would be fine if they added enough guns like you said. (:
DetectDefective
Deuced Up

Mr.Torch wrote:
I merely want a way to edit gun stats and properties on a server. (Easily)
It's not that difficult, honestly. The Lua files are there, you just need to use a text editor.
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

how 'bout where mat^2 was hoping to push AoS, minus jagex logic. (EG, if Jagex were to listen to the community)
DetectDefective
Deuced Up

epicfacethe3rd wrote:
how 'bout where mat^2 was hoping to push AoS, minus jagex logic. (EG, if Jagex were to listen to the community)
What would this be, exactly?

(I stopped playing/following AoS roughly around the time 0.75 happened, so I have no idea about the original direction intended, only where it stopped and what Jagex created.)
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

I think the devs should add more blocks including water blocks.
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Lincent wrote:
I think the devs should add more blocks including water blocks.
They now suport textured blocks. I think that stuff is coming. Please try and mention some of these things on the subreddit, traffic there would really drive the game. Green_Happy1
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

DetectDefective wrote:
epicfacethe3rd wrote:
What would this be, exactly?

(I stopped playing/following AoS roughly around the time 0.75 happened, so I have no idea about the original direction intended, only where it stopped and what Jagex created.)
mat^2 was (i belive) the man behind pyspades.
https://www.youtube.com/user/thematpow2/videos
look at all the "ace of spades opengl" stuff. that's what ben was touting to be "the future of AoS"
68 posts Page 1 of 5 First unread post
Return to “Iceball”