What do you want Iceball to become?

Iceball is a moddable, open source, cross-platform engine and game inspired by AoS Classic. Created by GreaseMonkey.
Incompatible with PySnip/pyspades-based AoS Classic 0.75/0.76 servers.
68 posts Page 4 of 5 First unread post
SneakyBastard
Deuce

I have to mention, that this thread isn't the best way to contact potential developers for your ideas. If you really have a specific idea to improve Iceball, you should put it on the issue tracker on Github. This way ideas are guaranteed visibility and discussion.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

well, look at the views on this thread. And the pages. There's the discussion.
Visibility? hell ya. It's here.
The developers actually go on this sub forum. No need to worry about that.

There. Your post is irrelevant.
SneakyBastard
Deuce

The ideas are still a bit vague. This thread is fine for "What do you want Iceball to become?" but not "What features do you want added?"

Real feature requests are better off in the issue tracker.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

You're not seeing my point. We don't have to look in the "issue tracker" when the devs are on this sub forum a lot. They'll see our ideas and consider it. No need for the issue tracker because they'll also see if we want to report any bugs, we can report it on this sub forum.
SneakyBastard
Deuce

You don't seem to see my point. The issue tracker is superior for actual suggestions. I am not attacking you or your thread in any way. All I am saying is that if you have a real idea you want added or bugs to get fixed, the issue tracker is good for those because the ideas are condensed there and I don't have to go through all the blabber in this thread to find the actual good posts. Also you seem to be talking about the devs like they are a small group of people. The best thing about Iceball is actually that anyone can be a dev and help out.

TL;DR:
Issue tracker is better for solid, thought out feature requests, this thread is good for vague opinions about what the entire Iceball should look like in the future.
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

bloodfox wrote:
You're not seeing my point. We don't have to look in the "issue tracker" when the devs are on this sub forum a lot. They'll see our ideas and consider it. No need for the issue tracker because they'll also see if we want to report any bugs, we can report it on this sub forum.
There's a reason a issue tracker is called a issue tracker. It is so you can easily TRACK issues/bugs/ideas, not simply put them on a thread and expect things to happen.
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

bloodfox wrote:
You're not seeing my point. We don't have to look in the "issue tracker" when the devs are on this sub forum a lot.
I hate I have to bash the living shit out of you for saying that, as i normally agree with you. but, here we go:
Spoiler:
not to mention i have to come out of my one month RIP dungeon because i must declare how stupid that was
primary devs:
GM: deleted account, thus no BnS stats, FUCKING FOUNDED THE GODDAMN GAME!
BR: has not been on forum for about a month, last post was in early February, about 2-3 months ago. he also only has about 40 posts.
dany0: altough he checks the forums a lot, he doesn't really post a lot. last post: 3 weeks ago.
lecom: forum ded on BnS
mari kiri: only ten posts, last post was 2.5 weeks ago.
rakiru: has not been on for a week, last post was about 2 months ago. super active on IB irc though.
6/6 devs are low forum participants.
plus, http://www.buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=12717 and http://www.buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=12788 clearly state that you should use github.
What this subforum is good for is for coming up with things to put into the issue tracker. it's not for the dev crew, it's for us.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

i thought u were leaving
EldredChandler
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

fyi, mari is grease
LeCom

This thread: For people throwing in random ideas or w/e

Issue tracker: For devs to discuss bugs, technical stuff and extremely important/already planned stuff.
juandhotaaa3
Deuce

I want iceball to become Bigger then Ice, Bigger than ALASKA that like fuels this entire earth with waterrrrrr .
juandhotaaa3
Deuce

juandhotaaa3
Deuce

awwww the pic didn't show up :///// does anyone here know how to pst a pic instead of like a long a$$ ugly link ugghhh,,,im to lazy to paste anything anymore Blue_Rifle
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Don't triple post. It's annoying.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

juandhotaaa3 wrote:
http://fc04.imgur.com/fs10/f/2006/098/1/7/ice_ball.gif < this is pretty cool
I don't see anything...
68 posts Page 4 of 5 First unread post
Return to “Iceball”