What do you want Iceball to become?

Iceball is a moddable, open source, cross-platform engine and game inspired by AoS Classic. Created by GreaseMonkey.
Incompatible with PySnip/pyspades-based AoS Classic 0.75/0.76 servers.
68 posts Page 3 of 5 First unread post
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

epicfacethe3rd wrote:
Mr.Torch wrote:
epicfacethe3rd wrote:
Mr.Torch wrote:
I want iceball to become not dead.
dead? i was in a 2v2 with rakuriu, B R, and GM an hour ago! how can it be dead already.
Same way AOS is dead when babel and hallway is usually full.
this isn't hallway.
this is a fun creative system that is free of hallway.
please stop shitposting.
anyone else wanting to try to help? I'm organizing an event. make some mods for the game and we will have a vote-off on the best ones in three categories:
-most entertaining
-most usefull
-most realistic
and then an honorary mention for each one.
all six will be on the event server.
I do believe I listed hallway and babel. But you can be that one guy that misconstrues everything someone says by nitpicking whatever you want out to give yourself something to counter with. Blue_Happy3
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

bloodfox wrote:
xCross wrote:
bloodfox wrote:
Lincent wrote:
I want Iceball to be finished, and I want an easier way to host dedicated servers.
The finished game should also be easy to use and polished.
wow. That's one of the most bloody obvious statements I've ever heard. Ever.
there has to be someone who did not know that yet
yes keep trying to be mature yes yes you make me hard
The retards. Seriously, it's the most fucking obvious thing I've ever heard. It doesn't need to be pointed out (unless a 4 year old was in the vacinity)
bloodfox wrote:
The retards.
bloodfox wrote:
(unless a 4 year old was in the vacinity)
bloodfox wrote:
vacinity
Obviously since you pointed it out there was a 4 year old in the "vacinity". I'm almost convinced a 4 year old wrote your post for you.
QuantumWraith
Deuce

Mr.Torch wrote:
I want iceball to become not dead.
Can we at least push Iceball to the top of the forum, so as to advertise it a bit better? Maybe even a snippet on the BNS server page?
gen
Banned

i want it to become the greatest game in the world oh wait it s one already Blue_Tongue Blue_Surprised2
MrFritz
League Operator
League Operator

I want a gen
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

MrFritz wrote:
I want a gen
Green_OffTopic
gen
Banned

im not offtopic i am iceball incarnation in liquified form
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

gen wrote:
im not offtopic i am iceball incarnation in liquified form
Oh yeah, forgot.
Marisa Kirisame
Deuced Up

There's been a disturbance in the force.

Popping my head back in briefly.
Lincent wrote:
I want Iceball to be finished, and I want an easier way to host dedicated servers.
EddieMann wrote:
Yeah, I agree.
bloodfox wrote:
finished:
adjective
1. ended or completed.
2. completed or perfected in all details, as a product: to pack and ship finished items.
3. polished to the highest degree of excellence: a dazzling and finished piece of writing.
4. highly skilled or accomplished: a finished violinist.
5. condemned, doomed, or in the process of extinction: The aristocracy was finished after the revolution.
6. (of livestock) fattened and ready for market.

Iceball was never about "finished". It never will be about "finished". Y'know what's "finished"? 1.0. Shit ain't gonna happen to it, and it's rather crashy and has a few balancing issues. What makes it even more "finished" than 0.75 is that you will probably never ever see Jagex release the server software.

Iceball was never intended to have an end. And it's not over. (It's in a slow patch right now, but don't let that stop you.)

Stop looking for "finished". There's always room for refactoring what's there. What Iceball is about is "potential".

It's been said that perfection is about removing things until there is nothing left to remove. While we try to keep a simple "base game", Iceball is not about removing things. It's about duct taping whatever crap you want to duct tape to it.

Speaking of potential, Iceball has the potential to have 64 players on a server. We managed to peak at 17 without the server crashing.

Either way, if you're not interested in "potential", be interested in "ready". Iceball will never be "finished", but it's been "ready" for years.

But who the hell am I wasting my philosophy on.

Finally I would like to bring attention to this post:
epicfacethe3rd wrote:
anyone else wanting to try to help? I'm organizing an event. make some mods for the game and we will have a vote-off on the best ones in three categories:
-most entertaining
-most usefull
-most realistic
This is a good idea.

Seriously, just play around with the stuff in pkg/base/ and make it do things. (Hit L at the launcher to quick-launch a local server with a gen map.) I highly recommend using a text editor with a good undo function. Turning it into a nicely contained mod can happen later, and we can help you with that on /r/iceball or IRC.

Mods don't have to be complicated monoliths. A simple example of a mod would be one that shows a player's health as well as their name when you look around. And of course there's that shader framework that needs people to abuse the crap out of it...

And with that said, back to IRC I go.
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Marisa Kirisame wrote:

Lincent wrote:
EddieMann wrote:
Yeah, I agree.
bloodfox wrote:
finished:
adjective
1. ended or completed.
2. completed or perfected in all details, as a product: to pack and ship finished items.
3. polished to the highest degree of excellence: a dazzling and finished piece of writing.
5. condemned, doomed, or in the process of extinction: The aristocracy was finished after the revolution.

Iceball was never about "finished". It never will be about "finished". Y'know what's "finished"? 1.0. Shit ain't gonna happen to it, and it's rather crashy and has a few balancing issues. What makes it even more "finished" than 0.75 is that you will probably never ever see Jagex release the server software.

Iceball was never intended to have an end. And it's not over. (It's in a slow patch right now, but don't let that stop you.)

Stop looking for "finished". There's always room for refactoring what's there. What Iceball is about is "potential".

It's been said that perfection is about removing things until there is nothing left to remove. While we try to keep a simple "base game", Iceball is not about removing things. It's about duct taping whatever crap you want to duct tape to it.

Speaking of potential, Iceball has the potential to have 64 players on a server. We managed to peak at 17 without the server crashing.

Either way, if you're not interested in "potential", be interested in "ready". Iceball will never be "finished", but it's been "ready" for years.

epicfacethe3rd wrote:
-most entertaining
-most usefull
-most realistic
This is a good idea.

Seriously, just play around with the stuff in pkg/base/ and make it do things. (Hit L at the launcher to quick-launch a local server with a gen map.) I highly recommend using a text editor with a good undo function. Turning it into a nicely contained mod can happen later, and we can help you with that on /r/iceball or IRC.

Mods don't have to be complicated monoliths. A simple example of a mod would be one that shows a player's health as well as their name when you look around. And of course there's that shader framework that needs people to abuse the crap out of it...

Excellent post +1

☐ Not REKT

☑ REKT

☑ REKTangle

☑ SHREKT

☑ REKT-it Ralph

☑ Total REKTall

☑ The Lord of the REKT

☑ The Usual SusREKTs

☑ North by NorthREKT

☑ REKT to the Future

☑ Once Upon a Time in the REKT

☑ The Good, the Bad, and the REKT

☑ LawREKT of Arabia

☑ Tyrannosaurus REKT

☑ eREKTile dysfunction
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

Marisa Kirisame wrote:
epicfacethe3rd wrote:
-most entertaining
-most usefull
-most realistic
This is a good idea.

thank you for the complement. i'm making some progress, not a ton though. my bricked computer is causing me some trouble. i'll binge on it Friday night, then starmade on Sunday for those interested.
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

Marisa Kirisame wrote:

(Blah Blah blah, varies third degree burns...)

several people, but not me.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

Marisa Kirisame wrote:

Lincent wrote:
EddieMann wrote:
Yeah, I agree.
bloodfox wrote:
finished:
adjective
1. ended or completed.

I agree, Iceball isn't fat enough.
$Eddy$
News Team
News Team

bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

$Eddy$ wrote:
Yeah, and you know how VXW turned out.

I respect the earlier versions like 0.70 but if we want a game that'll survive, don't make a copy of the original AOS. It served it's time. Now we let it die. Hell I have no idea why I keep on going on this forum... Partly because I have no other forum to go to xD.

What do I want of iceball?
To move from AOS.
Start advertising on the internet

Without those components, IB is going down.
68 posts Page 3 of 5 First unread post
Return to “Iceball”