What do you want Iceball to become?

Iceball is a moddable, open source, cross-platform engine and game inspired by AoS Classic. Created by GreaseMonkey.
Incompatible with PySnip/pyspades-based AoS Classic 0.75/0.76 servers.
68 posts Page 2 of 5 First unread post
Marisa Kirisame
Deuced Up

I'm not one to return to things. But I'm good at yelling at things. And I've logged in, so it's a bit too late.

It's time for me to yell at things. After reprising you of your stuff, of course. Like your hat for instance.

From the bowels of this account which I set up purely to join a clan as a joke, I have surfaced. And I will be heading straight back after this post, watching until I need to yell again.
bloodfox wrote:
This is a good idea so the creators can hear what we think of where Iceball should go.
If all you do is sit around and tell people, "hey, here's a really good idea, someone do it!" Then that someone will never come, and the only people coming up to you will belong to these groups:
  • People who parrot you.
  • People who scold you.
  • People who tell you, "hey, here's a really good idea, someone do it!"
  • People who tell you to stop slacking off and do it. Which is me, right now.
Oh, and there's another one, which seems to happen way too often:
  • People who say "this is not what Mister Important Person would have wanted".
Which is exactly why I'm here. Not to tell you that "this is not what Mister Important Person would have wanted". I'm here to tell those of you who are in that camp that "Monique says you're dumb".

It's simple: Iceball is what you make it become. If that looks like "Iceball is what you tell people it should be become", well, you're wrong. So wrong. So so wrong. Wroooong. WRONG. Thanks for the sunglasses. Wasn't a gift? I'll give them back for $10. But you're still wrong.

And it won't be what you want it to be.

The Iceball team has the right to set the defaults. That is, we decide what goes into pkg/base/, what goes into pkg/iceball/, and what isn't going to be in any of those things ever. Don't know what those things are? Be nosey. Look inside.

You have the right to ignore those defaults on your server. Your idea may be awful, but... Hang on, before I continue: I apologise for the majority of people who stuck around the 1.0 community for more than a few minutes. They are reasonable people, and most of them would view that idea that I linked as awful.

But you have the right to do such an awful thing on your server. And of course, the playerbase still has the right to not play it.

Don't you just love rights?

Now where was I?

That's right. If you want to make Iceball do something, and someone says it sucks, you can still do it anyway. Saying "this is not what Mister Important Person would have wanted" better be backed up by a quote. Otherwise, it's legal to punch whoever said that in the face. I think it is. Well, it's legal now.

Lastly:
LeCom wrote:
Chaging purely the look of gun parts is considerable, but the devs probably won't add it.
clsave/pub/skin/ for the looks. Been there for ages.

But enough of that. I can be found on IRC.
Dany0
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Marisa Kirisame wrote:
It's simple: Timecube is what you make it become.
  • EARTH HAS 4 CORNER
  • SIMULTANEOUS 4-DAY
  • TIME CUBE
  • WITHIN SINGLE ROTATION.
  • 4 CORNER DAYS PROVES 1
  • DAY 1 GOD IS TAUGHT EVIL.
  • IGNORANCE OF TIMECUBE4
  • SIMPLE MATH IS RETARDATION
  • AND EVIL EDUCATION DAMNATION.
  • CUBELESS AMERICANS DESERVE -
  • AND SHALL BE EXTERMINATED.
[/color][/i][/size]

Spoiler:
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Well I, myself would view this system not as "points" but as perks each part has. For example, longer barrel means less smoke, less sound, more damage, but more weight and shitty CQB abilities.
Ofc that's still up to you/me/us to implement, I just wanted to say that "point" system is bullsh. Since I see there's some sexy stuff going with Iceyball, I might join in...
EddieMann
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

You know what I want Iceball to become?

I want it to become more famous than AoS. I want it to become incredibly popular without being on Steam, to have it become famous on 8chan's /v/. If they find out about Iceball and like it, they'll create OC about it, and maybe it'll have the fame that AoS had back in 2011!

I just want this game to be famous with /v/ and other websites, and for it to be constantly updating and active, with a friendly and energetic Dev team.

I wish the best of luck to Iceball's devs!
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

I want Iceball to be finished, and I want an easier way to host dedicated servers.
The finished game should also be easy to use and polished.
EddieMann
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Lincent wrote:
I want Iceball to be finished, and I want an easier way to host dedicated servers.
Yeah, I agree.
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Chameleon wrote:
Well I, myself would view this system not as "points" but as perks each part has. For example, longer barrel means less smoke, less sound, more damage, but more weight and shitty CQB abilities.
Ofc that's still up to you/me/us to implement, I just wanted to say that "point" system is bullsh. Since I see there's some sexy stuff going with Iceyball, I might join in...
This is exactly what I was thinking. ^^ Listen ^^
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Lincent wrote:
wow. That's one of the most bloody obvious statements I've ever heard. Ever.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

xCross wrote:
bloodfox wrote:
Lincent wrote:
there has to be someone who did not know that yet
yes keep trying to be mature yes yes you make me hard
Yeah, toasters like you.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

xCross wrote:
bloodfox wrote:
Lincent wrote:
The retards. Seriously, it's the most fucking obvious thing I've ever heard. It doesn't need to be pointed out (unless a 4 year old was in the vacinity)
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

bloodfox wrote:
xCross wrote:
bloodfox wrote:
Lincent wrote:
The retards. Seriously, it's the most fucking obvious thing I've ever heard. It doesn't need to be pointed out (unless a 4 year old was in the vacinity)
Stop attacking and get on topic (I'm bad at it, I know) Green_Wink1
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

I want iceball to become not dead.
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

Mr.Torch wrote:
dead? i was in a 2v2 with rakuriu, B R, and GM an hour ago! how can it be dead already.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

epicfacethe3rd wrote:
Mr.Torch wrote:
dead? i was in a 2v2 with rakuriu, B R, and GM an hour ago! how can it be dead already.
Same way AOS is dead when babel and hallway is usually full.
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

Mr.Torch wrote:
epicfacethe3rd wrote:
Mr.Torch wrote:
Same way AOS is dead when babel and hallway is usually full.
this isn't hallway.
this is a fun creative system that is free of hallway.
please stop shitposting.
anyone else wanting to try to help? I'm organizing an event. make some mods for the game and we will have a vote-off on the best ones in three categories:
-most entertaining
-most usefull
-most realistic
and then an honorary mention for each one.
all six will be on the event server.
68 posts Page 2 of 5 First unread post
Return to “Iceball”