[MAP] Stinky Island

The level/layout/play area.
6 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Stinky Island
So I found JoJoe's blender tool for height mapping and color mapping. It allows me to make a beautiful map really fast. This one took me a while as I had to learn to use it at first. The blender file JoJoe gave me came with some models which explains the keep and the two houses from skull island. A few weeks ago I asked lost motel for his buildings and trees so there is the reason for that. Three versions are included. The terrain, terrain with trees, and then the final version.

Stinky Island was made with the map design being the focal point for the entire time rather then how the map looked. I stuck with a symmetrical design but next time I will try asymmetrical designs. In the middle is a keep from skull island then at the spawn hills there are houses from the map as well. Next to the two hills is the house from utopia. Beside the keep are two large mounds with trees on top. The trees are also from utopia. If a player rushes the keep he may be gunned down by enemies from the mounds on the side of the map. If he goes on the trenches he map be shot down from the keep depending on what side of the trench he goes on. if he rushes left or right he may be shot at from the trees. There are dirt mounds all around the map though as well as trees to provide cover. Then if they rush the spawns they could be shot at from the buildings. No matter which way you go you will be seen. Click here to download from drop box.

Isorender
Spoiler:
screen shots:
Spoiler:
Keep
Spoiler:
Stinky house
Spoiler:
one of the mounds on the side of the map
JoJoe_Stinky
Mapper
Mapper

Wow, you picked up on this quick :)

I really like your design here. The fort in the center looks really great! i especially like your Autumn trees.

If you want an updated model pack with some new trees and houses meet up with me in the IRC. We are talking about putting together a map pack with shared resources (like trees and buildings and such).

I also have some really great news about the Poly2Vox template for you! You guys can bypass Slab6 or Qubicle for your 3d model imports! You can make .KVX files directly from poly2vox that are useable in Voxed.

Well, I look forward to seeing this map on the servers. It looks like a solid layout for the popular 5v5 gameplay. You did a nice job on the coloring.
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter

OMG, You surpassed me. Nice colors.
Lelue
Mapper
Mapper

wow done ;) maybe try to use the clay brush, it will make a flat ground with some cover, that looks more natural :P
extra
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

You are getting better!
Good job.
Lostmotel
League Participant
League Participant

I really like the terrain colors
I also noticed it has almost the exact shape as my tortuga map which definitely is a good thing Blue_BigSmile
6 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Maps”