[MAP] TriWays

The level/layout/play area.
20 posts Page 2 of 2 First unread post
Influx
Mapper
Mapper

My apologies to Kuma for derailing the topic, this will be my last off-topic post. If anyone wishes to reply to it, I advise you PM me so we don't spam this thread up.
Lostmotel wrote:
Lelue wrote:
:( lostmotel gave me ur tree models and the red and white houses :( pls dont slap me influx
No, those were my own. I think Influx was talking about the trees from Marketgarden and the houses from Normandie which you used on your Oil town map^^
The red and white houses used in some of Lelue's maps (Eye, Houses of Push, Two Sides, WWII and World War2) are most definitely mine and are from Market Garden also.

The Market Garden trees are used in a lot of his maps and not Oil Town specifically, and he actually PM'd me about using the Normandie models beforehand.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not bothered that Lelue used my models in his maps. Hell, that's why I made them available for download in the first place. What does bother me is that he gives no credit for them, therefore passing them off as his own, even after I gave him a little reminder to give credit (emphasis on "little"). That's why I said 'steal' as opposed to just steal.

At the end of the day, if someone's went through the trouble of making something then making it freely available to use, it's only a common courtesy that you credit them for it.
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter

Getting back on topic
Influx wrote:
While I've never been a fan of what I call 'geometry' maps, it looks like it'd have better gameplay than pinpoint. The only thing is with water damage being so high, and the flanking routes requiring building, I can see they'll be a prime target for griefers.
Well, the reason for the warer damage being high is to force people to build a bridge. I think griefers can be countered with something like a build only script. I think your map extensions+ supports that, does it?
Influx
Mapper
Mapper

Kuma wrote:
Getting back on topic
Influx wrote:
While I've never been a fan of what I call 'geometry' maps, it looks like it'd have better gameplay than pinpoint. The only thing is with water damage being so high, and the flanking routes requiring building, I can see they'll be a prime target for griefers.
Well, the reason for the warer damage being high is to force people to build a bridge. I think griefers can be countered with something like a build only script. I think your map extensions+ supports that, does it?
My map extensions+ script does allow building only but then it's subject to block spamming (to be honest, I don't know where a build-only script would come in handy, but LostMotel requested it so I added it). You could make the protected layer one block thick so anything other than the bridge base can be destroyed, but if the bridges are permanent, why have a gap in the first place?

Personally, I think the best way to do it is to have the gap a few blocks wider than the jumping distance. This means people still need to build to get past, but it doesn't need a large bridge to span it.
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter

omg, The orignal name of the map is TriPoints... But my bloody mistake.
Kuma
Scripter
Scripter

The original name for the map is Tri Points IDK why I made it TriWays, But as you can see the download file name i tripoints...
20 posts Page 2 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Maps”