[MAP] Factory Faceoff

The level/layout/play area.
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper
Posts: 4808
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:48 pm


Factory Faceoff!

I have been wanting to try out importing models for a while now so this is what I got. I was trying to make a big bridge wars based map but more modern. You always spawn pretty close to your teams factory, once you spawn its time to cross the bridge and go for the enemy teams factory. Crossing the bridge is a simple task but be ware of sappers trying to sbatoge your victory! Don't be scare to go for a swim though as there are always ships going back and forth eager to pick you up. You can always just go and raid the enemy houses just don't forget to defend your own!

Now that that opening is over lets get down to business. This here is my second map, I had some help from a few people such as buffet of lies,influx, and color pinpoint. I would also like to thank dany0,Influx and buffet of lies for letting me use their models in my map. This map is best played on CTF and TC/TOW but can be used for others. I tried to think about gameplay rather then looks but I hope you like it anyway. Please note in the iso render below that it shows the sides being hallow but they are not I checked. Enjoy!

Iso render:
Spoiler:
Image
Screenshots:
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image
Download:
Last edited by Jdrew on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leif_The_Head
Deuced Up
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:52 pm


Nice Map. Not the perfect look but you said so :)
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder
Posts: 1360
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:58 am


It's too flat for my taste. Try make some terrain?
Vengeance
Deuced Up
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 12:07 pm


Looks nice. Good job.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper
Posts: 4808
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:48 pm


MrHaaax wrote:
It's too flat for my taste. Try make some terrain?
Would you like trees or rocks and stuff?
Handles
League Participant
League Participant
Posts: 1087
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:46 pm


I think he means make the ground have contours and not be totally flat, maybe make a small hill to the side of each base?
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder
Posts: 1360
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:58 am


STRIKE081 wrote:
I think he means make the ground have contours and not be totally flat, maybe make a small hill to the side of each base?
That's what i meant.
Leif_The_Head
Deuced Up
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:52 pm


jdrew wrote:
Would you like trees or rocks and stuff?
STRIKE081 wrote:
I think he means make the ground have contours and not be totally flat, maybe make a small hill to the side of each base?
Hills and more decoration.
Venator
League Participant
League Participant
Posts: 1225
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:32 pm


can you dig trenches on this map ?
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper
Posts: 4808
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:48 pm


Venator wrote:
can you dig trenches on this map ?
yes, the two sides are 30 blocks deep
Venator
League Participant
League Participant
Posts: 1225
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:32 pm


k dats nice.
6/10.
u get 8/10 if you modifiy the terrain a bit ;)
Influx
Mapper
Mapper
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:11 pm


jdrew wrote:
I would also like to thank dany0 and buffet of lies for letting me use their models in my map
Not to be that guy, but those four grey-roofed buildings look a tad familiar. Now you may have forgot, or downloaded them a while back and couldn't remember who made them, but give credit where it's due.

Anyway, as to the map, it's basically Bridge Wars with a different look. The map isn't very grief-proof, when the bridge is broken and the structures toppled, all that's left is a flat map with a huge chunk of water through the middle. It won't offer much in terms of gameplay, and any map that relies heavily on a bridge is the same. It's like a magnet for griefers, and yours is nowhere near as strong as the bridge from Bridge Wars, so it'll be gone in a matter of minutes.

Keep trying, though. Every map you make, try to learn something to keep doing or avoid in later maps, then you'll always be improving.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper
Posts: 4808
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:48 pm


Influx wrote:
jdrew wrote:
I would also like to thank dany0 and buffet of lies for letting me use their models in my map
Not to be that guy, but those four grey-roofed buildings look a tad familiar. Now you may have forgot, or downloaded them a while back and couldn't remember who made them, but give credit where it's due.

Anyway, as to the map, it's basically Bridge Wars with a different look. The map isn't very grief-proof, when the bridge is broken and the structures toppled, all that's left is a flat map with a huge chunk of water through the middle. It won't offer much in terms of gameplay, and any map that relies heavily on a bridge is the same. It's like a magnet for griefers, and yours is nowhere near as strong as the bridge from Bridge Wars, so it'll be gone in a matter of minutes.

Keep trying, though. Every map you make, try to learn something to keep doing or avoid in later maps, then you'll always be improving.
You were right, I forgot to give credit for your building. I downloaded a lot of the models so sorry for forgetting you, thanks for the feedback.
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Maps”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests