L3DT Gen Maps

The level/layout/play area.
30 posts Page 2 of 2 First unread post
Lostmotel
League Participant
League Participant

I see now what you mean, Lostmotel, about the water level being a bit off. You may realize this but it'd be relatively simple to adjust that with photoshop or something. You could select the black water level in the heightmaps and then grow the selection by a few pickels and make all of that black. You wouldn't adjust the color maps because seeing the seafloor in the shallows is a good part of what makes these maps look so nice.
Yeah thats what i meant. The heightmap you get from the program is overall too high for ace of spades. You would get a map with the water texture but no water in the end. I tried to lower the brightness with gimp until the black parts of the map seemed to be as big as the lakes from the terrain map and then I converted the with the bitmap converter. I could have changed the heightmap after I've seen the result in voxed again until both the water level and the terrain fit together, but I was a bit lazy :P
(the first map got pretty good though)
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

Can't wait to see me sniping on them.
Sasquatch
Mapper
Mapper

Praise!
Lostmotel
League Participant
League Participant

thank you guys, I'm going to make some more soon.
Gibbs3333
Mapper
Mapper

How to use this tool to generate a AoS map I don't understand because I'm French and it's too difficult to manipulate... Please help me Blue_Septic
Link : http://www.bundysoft.com/L3DT/downloads/standard.php
Kamikaze_Blargle
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

omfg these would be epic with the boundary ignoring script thepolm made :oooooooooo
Lostmotel
League Participant
League Participant

How to use this tool to generate a AoS map I don't understand because I'm French and it's too difficult to manipulate... Please help me Blue_Septic
Link : http://www.bundysoft.com/L3DT/downloads/standard.php
-Open the programm and click on File<New project.
-Choose designable map and click on Next.
-Change Width and Height to 512 and enable Edge wrapping (optional, but I recommend it, because it makes the boundaries of the map look smooth).
- Change HF/DM ratio to 16 to get a more detailed design map.
- In Design map parameters you can choose what kind of terrain you want to have. Click on Online-Help if you want to learn more about how different parameters actually look like on your map in the end.
- Tick all windows in the calculation queue and just press ok or next on all the following windows that will show up.
- When everything is calculated you can do a right click on the terrainmap and heightfield to export them as bmp files.
- If there is water on your map you will have to make your heightmap a bit darker so that the water layer won't be solid later.
- Now you can use the bitmap converter http://forumarchive.spadille.net/topic.php?id=1023 to convert your two images into an AoS map.
Gibbs3333
Mapper
Mapper

Thank you very much !
Lostmotel
League Participant
League Participant

Update: 30 new maps available now Blue_BigSmile
Lostmotel
League Participant
League Participant

Added 10 new maps!
extra
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Nice.
Lostmotel
League Participant
League Participant

Nice.
thanks, I've added 25 new maps.
Dare
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Well I actually really like the "Gen" maps, the random gen was my first ever played map in Aos.
Do some public servers have those uncommon and interesting gen maps?
From your collection, I like Genmap42, Genmap60, also like the appearance of the Spring Greenworld maps. :))
Lostmotel
League Participant
League Participant

Well I actually really like the "Gen" maps, the random gen was my first ever played map in Aos.
Do some public servers have those uncommon and interesting gen maps?
From your collection, I like Genmap42, Genmap60, also like the appearance of the Spring Greenworld maps. :))
Thanks, Sauerkraut used to host a server with these maps, but barely anyone played on it :(
I've also seen one of the desert maps on a supercool server.
Lostmotel
League Participant
League Participant

ultra necro bump: Now all 120 maps are available for download; the first post on this topic will be edited later.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hiau7vm2dlz7 ... s.zip?dl=0
30 posts Page 2 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Maps”