Dumping a few lame old maps so they don't go unseen

The level/layout/play area.
3 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Wist
Deuce

Whenever I've wanted to see what a weird image looks like as an aos map, or felt like I can improve upon pinpoint/hallway, I have used bildramer's bmp to vxl converter to see what comes out of it. I barely ever use voxed to add trees and such to my maps, that's for people with talent.
While dusting up various folders in my desktop, I found a few such maps and made one more on the spot. The download link is at the bottom of the post, they're all in one zip file.
The closest I have come to actually playing any of these is looking at them in voxed.

camo1, created 03-01-2014
Spoiler:
This is hallway, except raised, with holes in the terrain and with a bent path. I used to love putting weird outcroppings on the spawn areas, but looking back it feels like a bad idea. It just gives one team an advantage while the other is left running around them or knocking them down.
camo2, created later that day
Spoiler:
The exact same thing except with less ground.
bullets, created 07-01-2014
Spoiler:
Pinpoint with a weird shape and raised landmasses. Still seems like a good map.
candypt, created 02-10-2014 (wish it a happy birthday!)
Spoiler:
This would be absolute cancer to play, but look at that lava! God damn!
arse, created a long time ago
Spoiler:
clownpuke, created no more than 5 hours ago
Spoiler:
Hey kids, have you ever wanted to fight enemy dudes in a brightly colored hellscape?
This map is trash because the spawn areas coincide with the black (water) areas a bit. But in spite of that, it sure is trippy.
Download link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9cw7k6btlyeh ... s.zip?dl=1

If you want to know how any of the effects were achieved, ask me. I might figure them out again just for you.
And take care
I likely didn't spend more than 30 minutes making those.
bradley
Deuce

these are some nice looking maps, can i ask how you done that above style screenshot of the map please?
Kuunikal
Deuced Up

Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:11 pmbradley wrote:
these are some nice looking maps, can i ask how you done that above style screenshot of the map please?
One way to get a picture is to use Yourself's isometric map viewer:

http://forumarchive2.spadille.net/viewt ... edf5950fd6
3 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Maps”