Enhanced OS client [New Hk416 & Eotech]

Released modifications for the OpenSpades client.
Forum rules
Release, download, and praise or criticize completed modifications. For installation and creation help, please visit the OpenSpades general discussion forum.
45 posts Page 3 of 3 First unread post
learn_more
Coder
Coder

wheelz wrote:
tungdil wrote:
No-smoke grenades

No more distraction after grenade spams ;) (useful on animus, pinpoint etc).
Hm, isn't this a form of cheating? It is kind of giving yourself an advantage over players who use the default Open Spades client
yes that's cheating.
but since the openspades client is not 100% compatible with vanilla in that regard, i dont think its a big issue.
tungdil
League Participant
League Participant

wheelz wrote:
tungdil wrote:
No-smoke grenades

No more distraction after grenade spams ;) (useful on animus, pinpoint etc).
Hm, isn't this a form of cheating? It is kind of giving yourself an advantage over players who use the default Open Spades client
It would be cheating on OS only servers but there aren't any (yet).
For example animus 0.75 server, everyone is spamming grenades and you can't see anything BUT the majority of the other players (the majority uses the vanilla aos client) CAN actually see everything.
So why should OS players have disadvantages on mixed servers ?
Ballistic
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Could you guys also make an ACOG sight for Ghost's M39 EMR using those .as scripts? I really liked the Holo sight from Caleb, all I need now is an ACOG sight for my rifle.
tungdil
League Participant
League Participant

Ballistic_ wrote:
Could you guys also make an ACOG sight for Ghost's M39 EMR using those .as scripts? I really liked the Holo sight from Caleb, all I need now is an ACOG sight for my rifle.
I'll edit one of ghost's rifles and add a ACOG sight.
Ballistic
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

tungdil wrote:
Ballistic_ wrote:
I'll edit one of ghost's rifles and add a ACOG sight.
Thanks Blue_BigSmile
tungdil
League Participant
League Participant

So most of the mods don't work anymore. I'll continue them after the modding system is completed :).
Jigsaw
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

learn_more wrote:
jdrew wrote:
what does the reflex site do?
apparently it makes you unable to spell or see images.
xd hahahah
Razor
Deuced Up

Just wanted to post here to let you know that this thread was very useful in sating my curiosity of how sights are done in openspades. Thank you for posting your resources and information openly. You deserve an internet cookie my friend.
Nikhao
League Champs
League Champs

YOU DESERVE TO DIE FOR NECRO
tungdil
League Participant
League Participant

Razor wrote:
Just wanted to post here to let you know that this thread was very useful in sating my curiosity of how sights are done in openspades. Thank you for posting your resources and information openly. You deserve an internet cookie my friend.
Thank you :).
The problem is that the modding system changed alot and most of the installation guides are outdated.
DanielG129
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

I installed 0.11 as my first version of OpenSpades and noticed that the default sight for the semi is different than in 0.10. The sights will shift to the left and right when strafing and hindered my performance. It would be beneficial if someone would post a thread explaining how to convert .png sights from 0.75/6 or install new ones for Open Spades so new players don't have this problem.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

DanielG129 wrote:
I installed 0.11 as my first version of OpenSpades and noticed that the default sight for the semi is different than in 0.10. The sights will shift to the left and right when strafing and hindered my performance. It would be beneficial if someone would post a thread explaining how to convert .png sights from 0.75/6 or install new ones for Open Spades so new players don't have this problem.
This might be what you are looking for: https://github.com/yvt/openspades/wiki/ ... wn-Sight-2
tungdil
League Participant
League Participant

1Shot1Kill wrote:
DanielG129 wrote:
This might be what you are looking for: https://github.com/yvt/openspades/wiki/ ... wn-Sight-2
This.
Razor
Deuced Up

I'm the necro queen.
I know a lot of the information and mods and blah blah has changed, but it's still been useful to me.
DanielG129
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

1Shot1Kill wrote:
DanielG129 wrote:
thank you, I understand it now
45 posts Page 3 of 3 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades MODs”