(WIP) M82A1 Barrett for Openspades

Released modifications for the OpenSpades client.
Forum rules
Release, download, and praise or criticize completed modifications. For installation and creation help, please visit the OpenSpades general discussion forum.
7 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Posting here cause I need as much criticism as possible from both aloha.pk forums and here. Thanks. *cough* expecting chameleon to give me criticism... *cough*

I'm making a Barrett M82A1 for OPENSPADES ONLY and here's my progress so far:
Version 0.3

Version 0.2
Image]

I'm using chameleons' tutorial for making your gun down to scale. What do you guys think? Should I make the scope actually the sight model in openspades or make it attached to the gun model but use the sight models for making the "crosshairs" of the scope? Thanks!
Last edited by bloodfox on Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fluffeh Panda
Deuced Up

It looks pretty good to me, but can you apply a picture without the shading?
For the third person model, (The on you see players holding) I would keep the scope for the first person change it
For the scope don't keep it the same. If I were you I would make the scope 2-4 pixels more detailed.
Could you also provide a link with all your mods? It seems I cannot find it. Thanks
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

that's the original picture, actually. I don't know why it's significant to get rid of that shader.
??

I know to make the scope more detailed. This is a WIP. I wasn't gonna release the gun with such a horrible looking scope. all I was asking was if I should use the sight models for the scope or the actual gun model with the scope.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Copied from Aloha.pk forums*******

Ok it seems like I've been dead these past days but I've been dedicating loads of my time on the Barrett M82A1...

Before I release this stuff, I want y'all to know what I'm working on right now as of today, March 6 2016.
- Working out the kinks of the scope. I tested it in-game and the scope isn't big enough. It has a small gun to scope ratio and I'll work on that, too.
- Polish the colours, add 4 different camos (desert, jungle, snow & pink)

Can't wait to release it and I hope you guys are just as exited <33
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

You could try making
ModelRenderParam.CustomColor = Vector3(); (or something like that, look at block View.as script for exact use)
and then make the model-wise use colour with index 0 and RGB value of 0;0;0, while script-wise it can be Vector3(100,150,100)

So you don't have to make separate models for desert/woodland/snow camouflage, you'd just control weapon colour from the script - and that's almost significant reduction in download size. If you want camo stripes on weapon - it's possible with multiple models - figure it out yourself.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Huh. That's quite interesting. Gotta use it xP. Still working on the barrett. the scope is actually part of the WeaponNoMagazine.kv6. Which means that I have the biggest scale I could use yet your vision when aiming down the sight is hellishly awful. Yet, I can't make it bigger or else it looks weird and disportionate to the rest of the body. (Think of a deformed penis??)
sidex15
Deuced Up

Well it looks like a M200 But you forgot the rails before the barrel but anyways keep working bro :)
7 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades MODs”