Paratrooper's M4 Magpul w/ Side Charging Mod

Released modifications for the OpenSpades client.
Forum rules
Release, download, and praise or criticize completed modifications. For installation and creation help, please visit the OpenSpades general discussion forum.
84 posts Page 1 of 6 First unread post
Paratrooper
Modder
Modder

prev.png
prev.png (17.05 KiB) Viewed 18478 times
03/05/2014
Some changes:
  • Revamped gun model (forgot I made one).
  • Sights are drawn a different way. Tell me if it still doesn't work.
  • Removed error spam in the console.
  • Third-person muzzle flash.
Download it here.

GameBanana Page.
Last edited by Paratrooper on Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:46 am, edited 10 times in total.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Sounds meh,
Model nice,
Animations... O_o
SWEET ANIMATIONS!
P.S. If you ever need help with scripting, I will be more than glad to help!
Omicronkill
Deuced Up

First, was like "pfff, another effortless mod, community dying, etc, ..."
After, was like "meh, I think I can kill myself now!"

Modding is starting to get a sense now, amazing mod man!
I'll inspect these scripts just to see how you did it, but your anims are. freaking. amazing.

EDIT: Okay, I've actually found one thing that is not as good as the rest. There are some little mistakes in the proportions: the barrel is the most important one for me, even with the highly detailed weapon, it's too thick. Don't hesitate to take a ruler, or do measurements in an image manipulation program. I can give you a tip (from my personal experiences): don't do the barrel bigger than 2x2, and don't hesitate to make it square btw. Some weapons are exceptions, like the PPsH, the Honey Badger (dunno if it's its real name) or the MP5SD. Btw, this is a tip and you're free to use it or not. Also, a bit of presentation? Because it freaks me when someone shows up and post a complete good-as-hell mod looking like "meh, ez mods ez life!" x)
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

While at first I thought that he made an animation that is based on mine (AKM), so I inspected his View.as
Wow, just WOW. He created a whole different system to animate a weapon. It may have a steep learning curve, but it migt be easier to use than the method I'm using.

Paratrooper, may I ask for your help? I am a bit stuck with revolver's (it's supposed to be a shotgun) animations...
Omicronkill
Deuced Up

Ok, I read the script, didn't understand anything, and will stay on the good ol' scripting method.
We need a tutorial on your way of doing it, pls.

Amazing mod
Ballistic
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Wow never expected you to return. Welcome back!

btw nice mods
Paratrooper
Modder
Modder

Chameleon wrote:
While at first I thought that he made an animation that is based on mine (AKM), so I inspected his View.as
Wow, just WOW. He created a whole different system to animate a weapon. It may have a steep learning curve, but it migt be easier to use than the method I'm using.

Paratrooper, may I ask for your help? I am a bit stuck with revolver's (it's supposed to be a shotgun) animations...
What do you need help with?
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Vanilla shotgun reload animation is just inserting shells after each other (without any difference between 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on) and then pumping the weapon.
I managed to do some system that defines whether you are going to insert 1 shell, 2 shells, 5 shells or all six shells, which was required for my Benelli shotgun animation.
Revolver is different. If you fire a shot, you should see a used up shell instead of normal one. I managed to do this with a bit too complex system, but it at least it works. Now when you reload, all used up shells should eject at the start of animation. Which was too hard for me to do and the system is too complex for me.
Anyway, if you feel like messing around with it, here is the latest, non-published version:
REVOLVER LAST.zip - Dropbox
Paratrooper
Modder
Modder

Chameleon wrote:
Vanilla shotgun reload animation is just inserting shells after each other (without any difference between 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on) and then pumping the weapon.
I managed to do some system that defines whether you are going to insert 1 shell, 2 shells, 5 shells or all six shells, which was required for my Benelli shotgun animation.
Revolver is different. If you fire a shot, you should see a used up shell instead of normal one. I managed to do this with a bit too complex system, but it at least it works. Now when you reload, all used up shells should eject at the start of animation. Which was too hard for me to do and the system is too complex for me.
Anyway, if you feel like messing around with it, here is the latest, non-published version:
REVOLVER LAST.zip - Dropbox
I expected this revolver to be for the semi instead of for the shotgun. All modern revolvers have an ejector rod that, when pushed, ejects all of the rounds from the chamber. I've tried searching Youtube and I can't find a video demonstrating someone unloading spent rounds from a cylinder by hand and then reloading it one-by-one.
yuiop
Veterans
Veterans

There.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Yeah. Rifle would make everything a whole lot easier. But I chose it to be shotgun, because shotgun in .75 has 6 shells and takes some time between shots, so I can do a nice animation of cocking the hammer.
But I might as well just release it for rifle I guess...
Thanks anyway!

P.S. What do you think of slopes (on weapons)? Do they fit in with the block-iness of the game?
Paratrooper
Modder
Modder

Chameleon wrote:
Yeah. Rifle would make everything a whole lot easier. But I chose it to be shotgun, because shotgun in .75 has 6 shells and takes some time between shots, so I can do a nice animation of cocking the hammer.
But I might as well just release it for rifle I guess...
Thanks anyway!

P.S. What do you think of slopes (on weapons)? Do they fit in with the block-iness of the game?
I though you could do some sort of "fanning the hammer" animation for single-action revolvers like this. The action for it is even faster than the rifle's rate of fire.

As for the model, they're pretty well-made. I though for a second OpenSpades allowed polygon models until I saw how blocky the hammer of the revolver is (which would complete the look if you fix it). Don't worry about whether or not it fits in with the game, it looks cool in first-person.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Well there goes another problem: when fanning the hammer, hand gets in the way of the sights. I even doubt I'll add hands, I kinda liked the way it was done in "Receiver" by Wolfire games.
Paratrooper, do you, by any chance, know a person who'd help me compile OS in Windows XP?
I'd like to remove some unnecessary stuff like muzzle flashes, super-long smoke animation, decrease some particles etc., maybe remove some OpenGl features so more people can run it...
yuiop
Veterans
Veterans

Chameleon wrote:
Well there goes another problem: when fanning the hammer, hand gets in the way of the sights. I even doubt I'll add hands, I kinda liked the way it was done in "Receiver" by Wolfire games.
Paratrooper, do you, by any chance, know a person who'd help me compile OS in Windows XP?
I'd like to remove some unnecessary stuff like muzzle flashes, super-long smoke animation, decrease some particles etc., maybe remove some OpenGl features so more people can run it...
AMEN BROTHA
I agree 100% with OpenGl to remove some features. We need OS to be less eye candy, more focusing on game mechanics
Paratrooper
Modder
Modder

Chameleon wrote:
What compiler/IDE/etc. are you using?
84 posts Page 1 of 6 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades MODs”