Paratrooper's M4 Magpul w/ Side Charging Mod

Released modifications for the OpenSpades client.
Forum rules
Release, download, and praise or criticize completed modifications. For installation and creation help, please visit the OpenSpades general discussion forum.
84 posts Page 3 of 6 First unread post
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

+10 for paratrooper in the pic

Yeah, compatibility is the main issue. But if we provide a "platform" anyone can build on, then there will be no compatibility issues. What I mean is, we add options for 5 different weapons (of single type), add options for 5 different sights for each (more than enough), add options for custom paintjobs, attachments (silencer, torch etc.). No one will need to expand it or change it, so there will be no compatibility issues (even if they do, mods might still work). Also all weapons will have same/similar level of detail, so attachments would fit all/most weapons (each weapon would have its custom fixing point for attachments).
Omicronkill
Deuced Up

+9001 (because it's always over 9000)

I'll finish my current WIPs this week and'll start investing myself into it just after. I can do the models (if you are planning a mod to go with your "platform" and need models), just keep me informed of what you need and how you need it to be made.

Actually, a "standardized" modding platform for OS would be awesome ^^
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Yeah, I'd love to make hands first and then see what I can do for this thingie. One thing comes to my head for further standardization: we should make models of real proportions. 1 map block is about 0.6 - 0.75 m on one side. I am not sure though, because position of eye is about 2.25 blocks above ground. So if we do a model of scale 0.0165 (Default rifle I believe), one model block is ~0.01 - 0.013 m, which is about 1 cm. If we do a model of scale 0.008 (Paratrooper's M4), we end up with 0.005 - 0.0065 m block, which is 0.5 - 0.65 cm.
I suggest we do models of scale 0.008 (0.004 - 0.25 cm, 0.0016 - 0.1 cm). That way M16, which is about 1 m in length, so it's about 200 blocks...
Omicronkill
Deuced Up

With 2x2 barrels? I ask because I use barrels as a scale landmark ^^

And I'm curious about what you're going to improve/try/make/test/<put_intention_here> with custom hands?
Thresh
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

sorry if this is a newb question, but the reflex sight doesn't work in the latest version? help :d
Paratrooper
Modder
Modder

Thresh wrote:
sorry if this is a newb question, but the reflex sight doesn't work in the latest version? help :d
Are you using software rendering? If you are, the game will crash whenever you aim down the sights. Either you will have to turn on OpenGL rendering or I will have to make a fallback sight for sorfware rendering.
Thresh
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Paratrooper wrote:
Thresh wrote:
Are you using software rendering? If you are, the game will crash whenever you aim down the sights. Either you will have to turn on OpenGL rendering or I will have to make a fallback sight for sorfware rendering.

I do not use the software render, I use OpenGL. The thing is that just the reflex sight is missing everything else works fine.

I installed the mod by unpacking the pak in the OpenSpades directory like this, it may have something to do with it i don't know I install all my mods like this ( swapping them out)
Omicronkill
Deuced Up

Afaik you don't have to extract his mods to get them working, you just have to move the pak/zip (don't remember) you DLed here in your Resources folder. Be just sure that you don't have any mod that replace SMG installed with folders (as you did here) or paks.
Paratrooper
Modder
Modder

Thresh wrote:
Paratrooper wrote:
Thresh wrote:

I do not use the software render, I use OpenGL. The thing is that just the reflex sight is missing everything else works fine.

I installed the mod by unpacking the pak in the OpenSpades directory like this, it may have something to do with it i don't know I install all my mods like this ( swapping them out)
(looks like frog beat me to it) Since I compressed this mod as a .pak, you don't have to extract it in the directory; all you have to do is leave the .pak file in the Resource directory as-is.
Thresh
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Paratrooper wrote:
-snip
Omicronkill wrote:
-snip

I tried doing that, and it ended up with this error:
Omicronkill
Deuced Up

What I can suggest is that you reinstall the game and then put the mod pak in your Resources folder. I'm a newbie as well, so maybe there is a better way to fix it :/

Can you write here a list of what you got in your Resources folder?
Paratrooper
Modder
Modder

http://www.buildandshoot.com/viewtopic. ... 15#p142971

Looks related to this error. Do you have this mod installed?
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

"EDIT: Something on my side. Fixed now."
Probably my mod. But what in the hell can be causing this?...
FoobyDude
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Chameleon wrote:
"EDIT: Something on my side. Fixed now."
Probably my mod. But what in the hell can be causing this?...
I'm using your darkness mod as well as the M4 Magpul and the red dot shows up just fine, Maybe it's his hardware?.
joepfern
Deuce

I don't know how to install a mod please help me how.
84 posts Page 3 of 6 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades MODs”