"Hardline" Modpack

Released modifications for the OpenSpades client.
Forum rules
Release, download, and praise or criticize completed modifications. For installation and creation help, please visit the OpenSpades general discussion forum.
14 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
technotim
Deuce

Hello all! My first modpack for OpenSpades (actually a combination other three other people's modpacks). It features weapons with accurate ironsights and realistic reloads/bodies. The sounds and hurt graphics also tend to stand out. Credits to Warp, MaxShadow, Gh0st, and GameBanana. Trailer below, download here. Enjoy!
P.S. The mouse cursor in the video does not appear in-game, but is the result of the screen recording software I used. Blue_Sunglasses1
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

Unless you have asked the original authors of the mods you put together (which you haven't, because that is my player skin mod and I didn't get a word from you), then you should refrain from releasing them into a modpack without permission from said people who made those mods. And you shouldn't even just lazily slap a pack together from other people's mods.

It's even a rule: http://buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2609
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

1Shot1Kill wrote:
Unless you have asked the original authors of the mods you put together (which you haven't, because that is my player skin mod and I didn't get a word from you), then you should refrain from releasing them into a modpack without permission from said people who made those mods. And you shouldn't even just lazily slap a pack together from other people's mods.

Why are you the one who notes all the rules? It's annoying.
technotim
Deuce

1Shot1Kill wrote:

See the credits sentence? "Credits to Warp, MaxShadow, Gh0st, and GameBanana". All I did was combine existing modpacks and credited those who were credited by the modpack author Blue_Tongue

Glad you liked the pack Blue_Happy3
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

I believe that your head is a little bit too dense.
Unless you have asked the original authors of the mods you put together (which you haven't, because that is my player skin mod and I didn't get a word from you), then you should refrain from releasing them into a modpack without permission from said people who made those mods.
That, right there. Underlined just for you.
Also,
you shouldn't even just lazily slap a pack together from other people's mods.
We prefer original content, even if it's shit.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

technotim wrote:
1Shot1Kill wrote:

See the credits sentence? "Credits to Warp, MaxShadow, Gh0st, and GameBanana". All I did was combine existing modpacks and credited those who were credited by the modpack author Blue_Tongue

Glad you liked the pack Blue_Happy3
Crediting isn't enough, you should at the very least contact all authors of the mods to ask for permission to release into a pack, and credit all authors of all mods as well (I'm not credited for making the player models for some reason).
Roman_rus
Deuced Up

1Shot1Kill wrote:
Unless you have asked the original authors of the mods you put together (which you haven't, because that is my player skin mod and I didn't get a word from you)
KHEM KHEM...
no way man, that player skin is mine and i got all the proofs Blue_Normal Blue_Septic
Roman_rus
Deuced Up

technotim wrote:
Hello all! My first modpack for OpenSpades (actually a combination other three other people's modpacks).
I am the author of skripts of weapon resolution and player model too. So why my name is not in Credit list? You can not post it without MY permission. So i will call Administration or you delete the post.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

sure call the admins, not like they are dead or anything
technotim
Deuce

I see you may be concerned about this pack, however I combined resources from multiple versions of Icarus's modpack at http://www.buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=12064 which he has asked permission and freely distributes it to me also.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

he does not own any of the mods therefore he can't "freely distribute" it
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Please ask permission before using my mods.

Also, as others have said, this is against the rules.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

Roman_rus wrote:
1Shot1Kill wrote:
Unless you have asked the original authors of the mods you put together (which you haven't, because that is my player skin mod and I didn't get a word from you)
KHEM KHEM...
no way man, that player skin is mine and i got all the proofs Blue_Normal Blue_Septic
Dead.kv6 file included in this the pack:

Preview of my player skin mod:
technotim wrote:
I see you may be concerned about this pack, however I combined resources from multiple versions of Icarus's modpack at http://www.buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=12064 which he has asked permission and freely distributes it to me also.
He hasn't asked permission from any of the mods' authors to release them in a pack either.
Juxta
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Alright I'm locking this thread. If you want to make a modpack with other peoples content feel free to do so privately but releasing it on the forums for others to use without their permission is (as stated above) against the rules.

Good day.
14 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades MODs”