Evergreen's OS mods - M4A1,SR25,ChristmasPack&more!

Released modifications for the OpenSpades client.
Forum rules
Release, download, and praise or criticize completed modifications. For installation and creation help, please visit the OpenSpades general discussion forum.
200 posts Page 12 of 14
Evergreen
Deuced Up

Warp wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
Warp wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
windows_x_seven wrote:
So... when is the shotgun coming :D
Redid the model on a new voxel modeling software. Looked great. Then I messed with the render before saving and before knowing what I was doing. Big mistake. Still have the old model as a template, plan on doing this shotgun. We'll see how it turns out. Can't wait to start modding again, excited with this new program.
Spoiler:
What's that? Green_Surprised2
I was just messing with the rendering for the program I'm trying out. Really liking it so far. The only thing is I still need to figure out pivots and scripting/testing.
I mean what program is that? I'm really interested.
It's called MagicaVoxel and I'm kind of blown away by it. The rendering quality is outstanding, and really fast. The editor is really nice too. Not advertising here, I stumbled upon it looking for something to run on Mac and it's really impressed me.
Evergreen
Deuced Up

windows_x_seven wrote:
WIP
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Evergreen wrote:
windows_x_seven wrote:
WIP
Blender does rendering very well, fyi.
Evergreen
Deuced Up

Warp wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
windows_x_seven wrote:
Spoiler:
WIP
From my experience with Blender it's very touchy and resource consuming. I've seen phenomenal results from it, but I've never had luck with it. It doesn't run well on my computer. I just enjoy something that achieves quick results that are nice, and having it integrated in the editor is a huge bonus.
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Evergreen wrote:
Warp wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
windows_x_seven wrote:
Spoiler:
WIP
From my experience with Blender it's very touchy and resource consuming. I've seen phenomenal results from it, but I've never had luck with it. It doesn't run well on my computer. I just enjoy something that achieves quick results that are nice, and having it integrated in the editor is a huge bonus.
Fair enough. Personally I find magica far to hard to use- no proper labels for anything, strange controls etc. I couldn't figure out the DoF either :P. Make a very quick tut?
Evergreen
Deuced Up

Warp wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
Warp wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
windows_x_seven wrote:
Spoiler:
WIP
Fair enough. Personally I find magica far to hard to use- no proper labels for anything, strange controls etc. I couldn't figure out the DoF either :P. Make a very quick tut?
It's probably personal preference for controls. There's keyboard shortcuts for the tools (r for remove voxels, t for placing, g for painting) that you can find in a menu on the left. Left click is whatever tool you select, WASDQE, right click, and space all control camera movements. Click and drag is great for placing/removing/painting large large amounts of voxels. As for DOF the slider adjusts the strength, but it does nothing until you click+z the block you want the camera to focus on. Watch the bottom of the window for tips and keys as you hover over options.
Hot Dog
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

I'm curious to know what your workflow is. Do you export in .vox and then convert to .kv6 in Slab6?
If not, how do you do it?
Evergreen
Deuced Up

Hot Dog wrote:
I'm curious to know what your workflow is. Do you export in .vox and then convert to .kv6 in Slab6?
If not, how do you do it?
You can import/export .kv6 in the program I'm using. I would use Slab6 to convert if it didn't.
Hot Dog
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Evergreen wrote:
You can import/export .kv6 in the program I'm using. I would use Slab6 to convert if it didn't.
Are you still using Magicavoxel?
Evergreen
Deuced Up

Hot Dog wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
Are you still using Magicavoxel?
Yes, I am Green_Happy1
Hot Dog
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Oh, I didn't realize Magicavoxel supported kv6, as I couldn't figure out how to import/export it. Could you point it out?
Evergreen
Deuced Up

On the bottom right there's an 'export' tab. Click that, and choose "Slab" for export type.
Hot Dog
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

What OS are you using? I'm running 10.7.5 and found that Magicavoxel crashes to desktop when I try to export with slab.
Evergreen
Deuced Up

Hot Dog wrote:
What OS are you using? I'm running 10.7.5 and found that Magicavoxel crashes to desktop when I try to export with slab.
I'm running 10.10.3 with the latest version of Magicavoxel. Exports just fine. I'm sure if you exported to .vox and imported in slab to do pivots that'd work fine, I haven't tried it though so can't tell you.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

that shotgun looks so sexy o.o
200 posts Page 12 of 14
Return to “OpenSpades MODs”